M-E Football

Guest guest

Um.....Forks has beat ME THE LAST COUPLE TIMES THEY PLAYED, during your so called great run.

No, the guys "great run" is the last three seasons, 2008 to 2010. CF hasn't played M-E since 2007 I think.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fact checker

Going on BC voice at 5 AM to brag about your kids football team?? GET A F*@#$%G LIFE

WHO was more fulfilled?..the guy who after learning of his favorite teams success,enthusiastically expresses himself...regardlessof what time....or the CHUMP who takes the time to ridicule the post....me thinks..thee knows...

Guest fact checker

M-E HAS to play Section 4 AA and/or (this year) out of Section schools schools because there are only a handful of class A teams in our section each year.

M-E did not normally schedule Canisius, they just both happened to have open dates. It's not liked they seeked a team that size and from that league. That potential matchup was found by a guy in Albany who keeps track of open dates and got word to the guy that does the section 4 website. He told the M-E coach about Canisius and then Gallagher called the Canisius coach.

"unmatchable successes the last three years"

Really?

2008-2010

M-E goes 7-3, 8-2, 7-4. One Section 4 title, three Section 4 championship game appearances. One loss in state quarterfinals. Six regular season losses in thos three seasons.

Forks goes 7-2, 11-1, 11-1, Two Section 4 titles, two appearances. One state quarterfinal loss, one in the state semifinals. One regular season loss in those three seasons.

Walton goes 11-1, 7-3, 8-4, two Section 4 titles. Two appearances. TWO state semifinal appearances. 5 regular season losses in those seasons.

Corning WEST goes 10-2, 7-3 in 2008/2009. One Section 43 title, two appearances. One state semi appearance. Not going to include the combined year with East, nor East at all as they were not good in 2008.

I could go on and make cases for great three-season spans for Section 4 teams in those years. My point is, M-E did great, but NOT unmatched. Who is to say which school had more success? There were 15 Section 4 titles in those three years and M-E has one of them. 30 appearances those three years and M-E has three of them. THAT (three appearances) is unmatched for THOSE three seasons but again, not much competition when you have a 50/50 shot mathematically at the start of the season. Heck, outside of your three seasons, in the last decade we've had three schools WIN three straight titles and one won seven straight.

Also, M-E is not alone in scheduling larger schools. Forks does play up most of the time. The recent games vs Class D schools (Groton, Walton and now Seton) were dictated by Section 4 stating that all Class C teams have to play a D school. No choice in the matter. Outside of that, going back 30+ years, CF has almost always played their non-division games vs schools with larger enrollments, the exceptions being a few Walton games in the early 90s.

"however to my way of thinking they have not played strong schedules..playoff tough teams regularly?"

The Section 4 A teams they played during their recent run include ALL of the Class A teams while CF was B. Many were playoff teams that year. Beat them all too. Heck, one year they beat both M-E and EFA and that year EFA/M-E met for the Section 4 title.

Walton schedules larger schools, hard for them NOT to being a small school to begin with and smaller schools not wanting to play them unless the Section dictates it. Often Walton's larger victims were playoff teams.

My bottom line is, yes, M-E has done great the last three seasons and deserves mention with ANY team in the section for that time. However to say "unmatched" is really ludicrous, especially since they've only gotten out of the Section once in your chosen time frame, and that was in a class with four or five teams.

As usual you confuse verbosity, and veracity..the fact checker has no such malady.. his posts have been about the last three seasons and his prediction about the next two..you are entrenched in a by gone time, espousing by gone data..we talk of the spartans intrasectionally tough schedule..you blabber about mjysterious conspiracy men in albany..WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING? the spartans are unmatched.. yes unmatched..in the totality of their success and of the strength of the opponents they have and i believe will continue to achieve it against...you son have to learn..talk is cheap..facts can be checked...

do people not remember who the coach for m-e is? gallagher is the andy reid of section 4 coaches. he can not coach in big games as seen in 2008 when m-e lost to corning west in the sectional final when m-e should have won that game with relative ease. the next year they lost to j-c in the sectional final and should have won that game easily. m-e should have beat elmira free academy last year by at least two touchdowns but gallagher nearly coached m-e to another loss for that game. once m-e starts to play good teams with talent like corning, elmira, u-e and even jc, you will see gallagher start to choke and his ego take over. m-e will be out conditioned by every other team guaranteed. the man has the biggest ego ever in section 4 and does not care about the players but only cares about himself and making his kids excel. m-e had a chance in 2008 and 2009 to make a serious push for a state championship with great players but poor coaching and a huge ego led to those teams downfalls. m-e only won the sectional championship last year because of poor competition and a few better players than elmira free academy. m-e will never be a true top tier team until gallagher changes his ways or he is let go and another coaching staff is hired. gallagher needs to go.

rumor has it gallagher has now placed big boy kyle at wide out so he plays o and d. that guy is a gutless piece of crap who is in it for his kids who can make it on their own. me wins in spite of him not because of him. to bad fieser or bullock did not get the job but since their wives are not in administration we all kbow what happened. shame on cook for letting mr nepotism keep his job. wasnt he fired for telling kids on the wrestling team to urinate on another kid. this guy is poison make him go away

Barrett will start at QB for ME

Barrett will start at QB for ME

Daddy (head coach) and Mommy G (H.S. Principal) want him to not only start at QB but be the point guard on the b-ball team, starting #1 pitcher and SS for the baseball team too!!!! Ohhhh Boy !!! can't wait for all you Spartan parents to get a load of the Gallagher Era this is just the beginning..what do they have 3 more sons?? coming up???.....hold on to your butttttts cause here it comes.......Good Luck Ya'llll. It just never stops at ME --- the B.S. -- that is!!!!

While public bashing of the coach from behind the curtin feels good, why not man up and go talk to the superintendnet. The points made may have validity, but handling the issue like a politician is not improving the situation and may be making it worse.

The problem with complaining to the powers that b is julie girl is part of the process and will keep it from getting anything done. me rule says no one in administration can coach because of a potential conflict of interest whats the difference if ur wife is also in administration. dave cook had to give up lacrosse to become ad perhaps the spouse in administration should eliminate gallagher from coaching after this year. people know he will take it out on ur kid if u complain and she will do the same from her principle chair. got to make him go away

• 2 weeks later...

DELETED

What would you ME people do if your coach started having seasons like we have in Vestal? You have had great seasons the last 3 years and next year you move down to 'B' I hear. A state championship on the horizon I would say.

ME's recent victory over Elmira was very impressive. If ME stays healthy and continues to improve, they should win Section IV, Class A. I could see them going 6-1 with a shot at defeating Corning. TREMENDOUS team speed and tenacious line play on both sides of the ball.

Archived