M-E Football

Guest guest

ME's recent victory over Elmira was very impressive. If ME stays healthy and continues to improve, they should win Section IV, Class A. I could see them going 6-1 with a shot at defeating Corning. TREMENDOUS team speed and tenacious line play on both sides of the ball.

I bet they have noone with the speed of that running back from JC.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talent has gotten weak in section 4. Gallagher needs to go before he screws your kids over! For the last three years he is the reason they didn't go further and have better records. He simply cannot coach or play call. He is a terrible decision maker and now that his sons are coming up through the system it's gonna be the Gallagher show even though their mediocre athletes. Give me damn break. if you have a kids playing football basketball or baseball, you may want to get gallagher out of coaching by going and telling Dave cook how retarded they both are.

Guest Mr. in the Know

Talent has gotten weak in section 4. Gallagher needs to go before he screws your kids over! For the last three years he is the reason they didn't go further and have better records. He simply cannot coach or play call. He is a terrible decision maker and now that his sons are coming up through the system it's gonna be the Gallagher show even though their mediocre athletes. Give me damn break. if you have a kids playing football basketball or baseball, you may want to get gallagher out of coaching by going and telling Dave cook how retarded they both are.

No truer words can be spoken........Mr & Mrs G have both got to go.......No fairness in the whole ME athletic program with this situation in tack.......There is no justice for any other kid who has talent who happens to be in contention for any position in any sport their (MR & MRS G"s) kids want to play........It just SUKS !!!! Yesensky's knew this and put his kid in UE rather than go thru it (the B.S.) with Galagher's at ME.......Just ask them... they would rather pay HS tuition at UE than try to get Nick a fair chance at ME with the Galagher's in control........

No truer words can be spoken........Mr & Mrs G have both got to go.......No fairness in the whole ME athletic program with this situation in tack.......There is no justice for any other kid who has talent who happens to be in contention for any position in any sport their (MR & MRS G"s) kids want to play........It just SUKS !!!! Yesensky's knew this and put his kid in UE rather than go thru it (the B.S.) with Galagher's at ME.......Just ask them... they would rather pay HS tuition at UE than try to get Nick a fair chance at ME with the Galagher's in control........

Amen to that.

It is truly a gross injustice to all who play sports at ME. Why is this allowed to happen???

I bet they have noone with the speed of that running back from JC.

I haven't seen JC play, so I won't comment on their speed, but I will continue to say that ME has tremendous team speed and one specific running back that is a burner.

I am interested to see how JC progresses and improves over the year, Again I have not seen them play, but I will be surprised if they stay close with ME at the end of the year when they play.

Please. M-E has NEVER had a state championship caliber team and that includes the year they won it all. They trailed badly in three playoff games that year and the other teams let them out of the bag. Granted, M-E also earned it, but they had no business being in the title game that year. Their defense was woeful in the playoffs. Probably the most ever allowed by a team that won the title.

M-E did have a woeful defense at times but their secondary was stellar. They did however have one of the best offenses I have ever seen in section 4, I mean ever. I went to all three weeks and watched a lot of the state tournament that year, and I'll just say that those three games stick out in my head moreso than any other game there. They werent down badly either, I believe 3 scores in the first game and that was the extent of that. I'm just saying there is no reason to trash on what those kids did that year. I would defend them, just like I would any other team to come out of this section. Simply unbelievable.

Guest Sir Francis

Coaching edge is HUGE in Jc's Favor!!

ME coach is winning cuz of talent...

JC coaching is Pee Wee level at best...dive right, dive left, sprint right, sprint left. Forget Palmers field goal, that was a fluke. What is JC's record vs. M-E since Deinhart has been the coach? 1- 10? M-E's offense has option and midline that requires a defense to account for the dive, QB and the pitch. That means JC's defensive tackle, defensive end, linebackers, and corners/ strong safties have to read and react. JCs offense could never be so complex cuz their coaches are stuck in the 80's and they dont have the athletes to account for M-E's superior talent. You heard it here first, M-E 40- JC 7.

JC coaching is bad but that's because they got the ME scraps Josey is a joke and he was JC's O coordinator after ME dumped him and now hes back at ME. Gallagher has always lived on talent. He doesn't know how to coach and now hes using his pull to get both of his kids on varsity. I'm sorry but to be on Varsity as a freshman means your once in every ten years type of player. And of course his son is the QB its just like pee wee the coaches sons are all the glorified positions, even better one brother can throw to the other one while the father cries on the sideline because hes so happy he was able to fool the ME fan base to think hes a good coach. Ask any former player, they have no respect for Gallagher, they know hes a joke and this bs with his son is just another example.

JC coaching is Pee Wee level at best...dive right, dive left, sprint right, sprint left. Forget Palmers field goal, that was a fluke. What is JC's record vs. M-E since Deinhart has been the coach? 1- 10? M-E's offense has option and midline that requires a defense to account for the dive, QB and the pitch. That means JC's defensive tackle, defensive end, linebackers, and corners/ strong safties have to read and react. JCs offense could never be so complex cuz their coaches are stuck in the 80's and they dont have the athletes to account for M-E's superior talent. You heard it here first, M-E 40- JC 7.

Deinhart got the job because of his father.

The reason JC beat ME in that Palmer field goal game was because the Connelly's were so overrated.

The reason JC beat ME in that Palmer field goal game was because the Connelly's were so overrated.

Huh? So, if the Connelly's were not so highly thought of M-E wins that game?

WTF kind of logic does your mind utilize?

I'm smelling another ME state title this year. UE is also undefeated, but they won't be able to handle us upfront or contain our speed.

It will be a great game. Both 3-0, each have just about outscored their opponents by 100 points through three, M-E 117-20, U-E 121-27. I'm taking U-E 28-24.

It will be a great game. Both 3-0, each have just about outscored their opponents by 100 points through three, M-E 117-20, U-E 121-27. I'm taking U-E 28-24.

I would favor UE also because they do have an air game. ME has shown nothing with their passing game.

Guest Pete Gogalak

I would favor UE also because they do have an air game. ME has shown nothing with their passing game.

The teams are equal. The one big edge U.E. has is in the kicking game. Diorio is an All State kicker who booted a 42 yarder last week with room to spare. Last game he also kicked 4 into the end zone which will give U.E. a potential field position advantage.

Gianfrate is a very strong punter for U.E.

I'm smelling another ME state title this year. UE is also undefeated, but they won't be able to handle us upfront or contain our speed.

One word for ya... Aquinas.

No chance for an M-E state title in Class A this year, NONE! Maybe next year when M-E drops to B.

One word for ya... Aquinas.

No chance for an M-E state title in Class A this year, NONE! Maybe next year when M-E drops to B.

Was just going to post the same thing. The only way M-E (or U-E) gets to the state final is if somehow Aquinas self destructs at or before the state semifinals.

Guest John Fox

Was just going to post the same thing. The only way M-E (or U-E) gets to the state final is if somehow Aquinas self destructs at or before the state semifinals.

Aquinas got whipped the last 2 years by Sweet Home. Sweet Home is in the discussion again this year.

Archived