M-E Football

Guest guest

Aquinas got whipped the last 2 years by Sweet Home. Sweet Home is in the discussion again this year.

Aquinas crushed Sweet Home last year 36-6 in the state quarterfinals enroute to a Class A championship. Aquinas IS the defending state champion in Class A.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In their quest for another sectional title and state championship the team seems to be looking well. Returning players filling the offensive back field, as well as a stout defense that looks to be the teams strength. With M-E the clear favorite as sectional champ in class A, a difficult schedule will prove what this team is made off. If the boys from maine endwell can make it out of the section untouched look for them to make a serious push for a title deep in the state playoffs

As an objective outside observer I have to applaud ME for the strength of its team given its small student body. If you were in B I would agree with you most of the way.

However, there is NO state championship and they have no shot at even winning the Upstate A Title. Rochester Aq. should be in AA.

ME is not the clear favorite over UE although they look stronger on paper especially at the skill positions. Clearly the Section 4 game of the week coming up.

ME is not the clear favorite over UE although they look stronger on paper especially at the skill positions. Clearly the Section 4 game of the week coming up.

In terms of matchup between two of the highest quality teams in the Section, yes, Game Of The Week. No question about it. Many think, and rightfully so, these are the best two football teams in the Section. I can't argue with that.

In terms of importance, other than momentum and bragging rights, it's the most meaningless game of the weekend. Both made the playoffs before practice even started in August. Every single game involving class B, C & D have more importance this weekend in terms of playoffs and importance.

ME line are monsters - tag that with the fact they are mostly Jr and Soph and they should be strong if they develop some other position players. In HS Football the line is always understated, these kids are good. UE has several key spots/ position players who could cause a breakdown. It should be a fun game to watch. To all arm chair qb's (myself included) remember, these are just kids, have fun.

We will win by at least 3 TD's. UE is an undisciplined bunch of things. They are one or two thugs away from being as bad as Binghamton. We are bigger, faster and stronger as well.

In terms of matchup between two of the highest quality teams in the Section, yes, Game Of The Week. No question about it. Many think, and rightfully so, these are the best two football teams in the Section. I can't argue with that.

In terms of importance, other than momentum and bragging rights, it's the most meaningless game of the weekend. Both made the playoffs before practice even started in August. Every single game involving class B, C & D have more importance this weekend in terms of playoffs and importance.

I can not argue your logic regarding importance as far as getting into the play downs is concerned. But, it’s nice to win the division also.

However, it’s hard to gauge ME or UE at this point due to the cancelled games. UE in particular has an especially soft schedule this year.

As things stand now, I see Corning beating ME based on their win over a respectable F-M and the fact that they have gotten their bad game out of their system at Bingo.. However, they have Aquinas to worry about first and they could demoralize them for the season.

We will have to wait and see, that’s why they play the games.

why would m-e need a kicker when they'll win by 30+? Easily

Come the playoffs, especially the states, the games get tighter. Last season Chenango Forks was averaging 40+ points a game and winning handily in Section, but lack of a kicker cost them dearly in the state quarterfinals.

The playoff are no different than the regular season- it's the same teams. States- now you're playing REAL football teams.

States = playoffs too. That's what I meant, the full ride of playoffs. Everyone realizes the early playoffs is the same teams, EXACTLY the same teams in Class A section 4.

JC coaching is Pee Wee level at best...dive right, dive left, sprint right, sprint left. Forget Palmers field goal, that was a fluke. What is JC's record vs. M-E since Deinhart has been the coach? 1- 10? M-E's offense has option and midline that requires a defense to account for the dive, QB and the pitch. That means JC's defensive tackle, defensive end, linebackers, and corners/ strong safties have to read and react. JCs offense could never be so complex cuz their coaches are stuck in the 80's and they dont have the athletes to account for M-E's superior talent. You heard it here first, M-E 40- JC 7.

JC and M-E have not played anywhere near 11 games since Fred took over. Anyone who suggests that JC's offense has been dive right, left, etc has not been watching this year. I have been critical of play-calling over the years, and this year looks different. JC doesn't have the athletes? I am highly suspicious of that. And as far as 40-7? I will take THAT bet any day... JC's defense is FAR too quick and potent for that. I see a much lower scoring game, in the neighborhood of 22-20.

It's not a dynasty when your school was created out of the old Union Endicott. Go ahead and say you have better atheltes than Union-Endicott, but in reality you all just have more money, for every sport. Maine Endwell is like the little brother of section 4. Every once and a while, they sucker punch you. But the Binghamton's, UE's, Ithaca's, and Vestal's eventually just turn around and beat the piss out of you. Go ahead Sparents, cry and moan about this, while the rest of Broome county laughs at your pathetic addiction to BC Voice.

Guest spartan fan

spartan secondary not weak once gallagher taken out. he is awful cannot cover and is afraid to tackle. only 2 short passes completed in seecond half

Guest Sparcat

JC is 1-10 since Fred took over JC.....

JC and M-E have not played anywhere near 11 games since Fred took over.

Last year was the first year since Mr. D took over that JC avoided to play ME. He has only beaten them once, and has lost to them every other time, for the most part in a very lopsided fashion??

Please help me with my memorey....

JC vs ME

05-06: 0-2

06-07: 0-2

07-08: 0-2

08-09: 1-1

09-10: JC avoided ME

10-12: 0-1

Your right, not 1-10, sorry....1-8.

Guest old ue

UE OUTPLAYED ME WITHOUT NIKO G.

SPARTANS SECONDARY VERY WEAK!

That's a bunch of crap! ME was out coached again, which is the standard with Gallagher.....but to say that UE outplayed ME is BS and I'm a UE grad and proud of it!

Guest Ilikefootball

I hope both teams take care of their business the rest of the year so we can see a rematch. That was a exciting game with many ebb and flows.

I think the injury to Naylor was a big blow to UE's defense. Once he was out, ME was able to run to gain yards up the middle, prior to his departure they dominated line of scrimmage.

Hat's off to ME, they never gave up and found a way to win.

PS.......note to UE defenders, this week please practice your tackling technique. Trying to arm tackle or take on Serretti high is what he hopes you try to do so he can push you down field an additional 5 yards! Wrapping up and driving through the carrier is a must. Also....has anyone heard of tackling around the legs, especially on a powerful runner. Example: see how NFL teams now tackle Brandon Jacobs of the NY Giants. When he first got in the league! Linebackers and DBs would try to take him on high and get run over! Now they tackle him around the legs and he has become a lot less effective

JC is 1-10 since Fred took over JC.....

Last year was the first year since Mr. D took over that JC avoided to play ME. He has only beaten them once, and has lost to them every other time, for the most part in a very lopsided fashion??

Please help me with my memorey....

JC vs ME

05-06: 0-2

06-07: 0-2

07-08: 0-2

08-09: 1-1

09-10: JC avoided ME

10-12: 0-1

Your right, not 1-10, sorry....1-8.

Apology accepted, thanks ;) lol

OK, to be honest, I didn't realize that Freddie D. is actually in his 6th season as head coach. Has it really been that long? And did JC and M-E really play each other in the playoffs every year from '05-'08? I'm not questioning you, I'm just surprised, that's all.

However, by your own math, it's not exactly good form to include THIS YEAR'S game that hasn't happened yet in your 1-8 accounting. So we are talking 1-7 at best right? ;)

Obviously, I can't help you with your memory, since mine is a tad hazy. However, I would be happy to help you with your spelling if you like. :)

memorey = memory

Your = You're (as in You are...)

One more thing... Do you have indisputable evidence that JC "avoided" M-E last year, as you repeatedly suggest? It was of course the first year in some time that they played in separate classes. If JC was so desirous of "avoiding" the Spartans, then wouldn't the Spar-Cat game be absent from this year's schedule as well? Just wondering...

Yes, agree. The old man put him @ WR after he took him off defense. Cant have him sitting while 3 GOOD sophs play for UE!

barret out gallager in daddy cant wait any longer, kid cant play free safety, or wide reciever so all thats left is qb

Archived