Show solidarity with protesters on wall street OCCUPY BINGHAMTON!

Guest Guest

Navin, you are simply out of touch. The days of just going to college and getting a job and making a life automatically are gone. We haven't just shipped the manufacturing jobs overseas, but the engineering and programming and other skilled jobs as well. Then, back here we have cut back on the number of good jobs and are not making more of them. So someone spends a minimum of $20,000 on a degree, only to find low-paying jobs and astronomical health care, food, and energy costs.

Working hard isn't the problem.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Navin, you are simply out of touch. The days of just going to college and getting a job and making a life automatically are gone. We haven't just shipped the manufacturing jobs overseas, but the engineering and programming and other skilled jobs as well. Then, back here we have cut back on the number of good jobs and are not making more of them. So someone spends a minimum of $20,000 on a degree, only to find low-paying jobs and astronomical health care, food, and energy costs.

Working hard isn't the problem.

TRANSLATION: I AM a lazy scumbag who would rather blame others than get off my butt and work hard. PERIOD.

TRANSLATION: I AM a lazy scumbag who would rather blame others than get off my butt and work hard. PERIOD.

Don't you have an altar boy to molest AFC?

Your single biggest problem is that you look at outside causes for your lackluster performance. You need to look in the mirror and ask yourself why you aren't as successful as other around you. Others who had no more or less opportunity than you. YOU are responsible for your circumstances. Quit looking for excuses and others to blame.

Were did the jobs go? the good middle class jobs. fact: middle class income has stayed stagnant the last 30 years. Fact: the top earners have seen there income sky rocket. whys that? loopholes that allow them to avoid any taxes and laws making it OK to ship their payrolls over seas and pay 90% less for a job then they would have to pay in America. like i said the welfare for the rich is killing the country, you are all spoiled to the point were you could care less about us. you have hoarded so much of the country's wealth that your kids kids kids will be wealthy. so what reason do you have to help stimulate the economy.

also your wrong ,the circumstances were created by the polices of this country, almost everyone's anncestors immigrated to this country poor...some people are 1st generation wealthy, so its taken them decades to achieve that wealth a lot on government programs and grants and start up loans, also with de regulation tax cuts and being able to legally obtain cheap labor. so why shouldn't you guys use some of that wealth a percentage to make sure the next kid will have a opportunity, to make sure if parents make bad choices that their kids can still live in a country where all things are possible.

This country got great on the idea of the "American Dream" not ... "achieve the dream for yourself, and create a nightmare for everyone else"

Translation: "Im a rich scumbag that wants to hoard everything for myself, and not give up my welfare for the rich ; for the good of america"

Translation: "Im a rich scumbag that wants to hoard everything for myself, and not give up my welfare for the rich ; for the good of america"

Actually, I will never be "rich". Just solid middle class. Never got welfare either, individual or corporate. Just worked hard and steady. Unlike you.

Actually, I will never be "rich". Just solid middle class. Never got welfare either, individual or corporate. Just worked hard and steady. Unlike you.

oh so your here defending a 4% tax increase on the top earners...so the country can help create solid middle class jobs.

...take your meds.

It's 9:45 am. Shouldn't you be at work? :rolleyes:

Nafta and gatt mean anything?

Bingo!

And now comes free trade agreements with Panama, S. Korea and Colombia. This will certainly elevate the middle class.

oh so your here defending a 4% tax increase on the top earners...so the country can help create solid middle class jobs.

...take your meds.

How does taxing the rich create jobs?

Giving them tax breaks certainly didn't.

You can't expect companies to hire and pay a high tax at the same time. I can't blame the companies for not want to pay for failed entitlement programs.

You can't expect companies to hire and pay a high tax at the same time. I can't blame the companies for not want to pay for failed entitlement programs.

A high tax? WTF are you talking about? Who raised the taxes on businesses?

How does taxing the rich create jobs?

using that revenue combined with cuts to create jobs. investing in alternative energy, rebuilding our infrastructure roads bridges, railroads air ports. faster trains safer air travel rebuilding public schools that are falling apart. these are the good middle class jobs we need. so we can all save and have the opportunity to move up and maybe start a business. we need jobs like that to even begin to start saving, good construction and manufacturing jobs, tax revenue and cuts will give the government the funds necessary to make investments in america. the bottom line is that money will make the country that made you rich better. stop complaining gett of the corporate welfare for the rich, and help america restore her greatness

America has the highest business/corporate taxes in the world.

While the U.S. corporate tax rate is high on paper, once all the credits, deductions, and loopholes are accounted for, the U.S. has the second-lowest corporate taxes in the developed world.

Stop eating the crap you are being fed.

A high tax? WTF are you talking about? Who raised the taxes on businesses?

when bush was in office they still didnt hire.....now your blaming taxes that haven't even happen yet.... i call DELETED! greedy welfare DELETED draining and hoarding all the wealth and stepping on the little guy. the bus drivers and teachers and nurses, janitors and waitresses its pathetic.

Its not that complicated. You want to get rid of corporate welfare and kill the effect of lobbying? Skewer the beast and make government smaller.

That's what corporations want. Smaller government=less regulation=legalized rape of this country.

Its not that complicated. You want to get rid of corporate welfare and kill the effect of lobbying? Skewer the beast and make government smaller.

you people and shrinking government, the country is obviously growing so obviously the government will grow. its just a matter of the government doing the right things in the right areas, at the right time. it has nothing to with size. the government can create middle class construction jobs just as easy as the government can give tax breaks to companies and millionaires and billionaires. its if we want our government to invest in our country and make sure we can compete globally or do we want our government to just blindly cater to the rich with the hope they will use there all mighty hard working presence to create jobs for the rest of us "free loading poor DELETED."

That's what corporations want. Smaller government=less regulation=legalized rape of this country.

Larger government=more regulation=fewer jobs=more bank bailouts=more business bailouts=more corruption=more crony capitalism=more Solyndras, etc.

Larger government=more regulation=fewer jobs=more bank bailouts=more business bailouts=more corruption=more crony capitalism=more Solyndras, etc.

Who wants it larger? We just want it to do what's right for the American people, and not corporate interests.

Archived