Sanmina Lay Offs

Guest Guest

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What else is new, they've been laying off for years. It's just a turnstyle.

The only good thing about it is it's an easy ticket to unemployment benefits if you want a long vacation. :lol:

UI is probably more dependable than jobs around BC/Tioga.

All big names. All people who really didn't handle the boards. For once no production people. Even the big dawg from eit. A good start really. Still have some people in the $30.+ range that aren't worth the money they're paid. Nice thing about UI benefits is even the big dawgs get the same $$$ as the people they've stepped on all those years. Ironic isn't it. There is some justice even if we don't see it much.

I was wondering when someone was gonna break the ice and post something. We were dying since friday waiting for someone to post.

All big names. All people who really didn't handle the boards. For once no production people. Even the big dawg from eit. A good start really. Still have some people in the $30.+ range that aren't worth the money they're paid. Nice thing about UI benefits is even the big dawgs get the same $$$ as the people they've stepped on all those years. Ironic isn't it. There is some justice even if we don't see it much.

I was wondering when someone was gonna break the ice and post something. We were dying since friday waiting for someone to post.

My guess is you're talking thru your ass.

Let's hear your version, otherwise keep guessing.

Okay, if you have such good inside information, name a few of the people that were laid off and what they did.

Just as I thought. Another windbag that has no clue and can only call names.

I posted that comment. I never worked a day at Sanmina. I don't even know anyone that works there. However, it's a stupid idea to post someone's name that just got devastating news of a layoff on a public message board.

Okay, if you have such good inside information, name a few of the people that were laid off and what they did.

T.Hunter-teamleader,C.Preston-teamleader,M.Ponzi-Manager. Ok,I did what you asked. Now like I asked before, Let's hear your version. Otherwise keep guessing.

Heard the whole 3rd shift maintenance staff got it too. That was pretty stupid. Now there is no one there to fix stuff at night. Smart move. What will they do now, lay off 3rd shift next? I heard about 20 people got it. It is the Sanmina way right before the holidays to screw people over. Good management.

Guest Contact test

Key members of management left here and went to Endicott. Since then EI is booming and we are struggling. This should tell you something. The manager they let go was tough but fair. We have hired a great Engineer in the test area from EI and he has really turned things around. He always has an answer for each question I ask him , via E-mail as I work 2nd shift. We need more people like him.

I don't know why they let M.P. go , unless he was making to much money. He is a great man and will be missed. I learned a lot from him and someday hope to be in management myself.

Key members of management left here and went to Endicott. Since then EI is booming and we are struggling. This should tell you something. The manager they let go was tough but fair. We have hired a great Engineer in the test area from EI and he has really turned things around. He always has an answer for each question I ask him , via E-mail as I work 2nd shift. We need more people like him.

I don't know why they let M.P. go , unless he was making to much money. He is a great man and will be missed. I learned a lot from him and someday hope to be in management myself.

You learned what from him???? You don't know why they let him go? You must be living under a rock dude.

Guest John A.

You learned what from him???? You don't know why they let him go? You must be living under a rock dude.

Because he wanted people to do their jobs correctly ? He was by far the best manager Sanmina ever had. He knew every inch of the process.

He will be missed by the good workers. The slackers can go take a nap like usual.

Because he wanted people to do their jobs correctly ? He was by far the best manager Sanmina ever had. He knew every inch of the process.

He will be missed by the good workers. The slackers can go take a nap like usual.

hummm....why did he only last 9 months then? He set a record for the shortest time in that position in Owego! Why was he fired? That's correct...he was fired while the rest were part of a lay off. By the way he was also fired from IBM and EI. 99.9% of the plant is estatic that he is GONE! Well, except for one red head in quaitly.

I suppose that you are going to say that the lab manager was the best ever as well?

Why was he fired? That's correct...he was fired while the rest were part of a lay off. By the way he was also fired from IBM and EI. 99.9% of the plant is estatic that he is GONE! Well, except for one red head in quaitly.

Who are you trying to fool, fired or a lay off what's the difference.Do you really think the others are coming back? I think your 99.9% figure is off. The only people that didn't like him were the ones JT carried up with him. Ponzi had a level playing field and JT's "Boys Club" didn't shine to the new management. Much of micromanagement (teamleaders and managers) didn't like Ponzi because they felt "belittled" and yelled at by him. But it's no different than the way they've treated the common worker over the years. I'm going to miss the guy , it was nice seeing management scramble for a change and not just common worker. Say what you want about where he has worked and where he was let go from but the truth is he was working at those two places when most of Sanmina's currant management was still playing Little League and Pee Wee football.

Who are you trying to fool, fired or a lay off what's the difference.Do you really think the others are coming back? I think your 99.9% figure is off. The only people that didn't like him were the ones JT carried up with him. Ponzi had a level playing field and JT's "Boys Club" didn't shine to the new management. Much of micromanagement (teamleaders and managers) didn't like Ponzi because they felt "belittled" and yelled at by him. But it's no different than the way they've treated the common worker over the years. I'm going to miss the guy , it was nice seeing management scramble for a change and not just common worker. Say what you want about where he has worked and where he was let go from but the truth is he was working at those two places when most of Sanmina's currant management was still playing Little League and Pee Wee football.

You are correct....he did belittle and yell at people. Guess what? That doesn't work! As for the buys club....he had 2 that he let bend over for him. In the end they hung him out to dry. So Long...don't let the door hit you in the rear!

Guest John Rossi

why do people have electronic balls.? Post your names! Ponzi was making too much money. Gets no simpler than that. He wanted the best for Sanmina and the Comunity. Too bad the majority of the workforce didn't understand that you were supposed to work 40 hours for 40 hours pay. When you lose a million dollars a month month over month and it was that way before Ponzi got there it would suggest that Gable and the worker bees should look in the mirror!

T.Hunter-teamleader,C.Preston-teamleader,M.Ponzi-Manager. Ok,I did what you asked. Now like I asked before, Let's hear your version. Otherwise keep guessing.

Now post your name tough guy!

Guest Red on the head

I really believe that given the time and recourses Mark would have turned the whole thing around. Lets be thankful for the time we had together.

Archived