Seton Buffer Basketball Thread 2011-2012

Guest Guest

no way, you have to remember that the great chris sinicki, assisted by his outstanding staff of ryan mcmanus and ang depersiis, are the best coaches in basketball, and they don't really need players, their great coaching does it all.

i bet one of these days coach sinicki will be coaching in the nba, and coach mac and coach d coaching d-1. they are that good!!!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Saints Parent

Coach Sinicki is an amazing coach. I feel sorry for him that right at the beginning of his season he has to deal with the ugly politics that are going on at the school. Coach Sinicki and his team have our full support as does Coach Story. Sinicki's hands are tied and it is up to the parents to fight this fight. We need to take the high road and do everything in our power to be heard.

I'd agree that Sinicki is a good HS basketball Coach. Knows how to get the most out of his players, but he's a terrible leader and administrator. He does nothing to help his kids get recruited. He's actually detrimental to it - in that he won't return a phone call or email from any interested school. Ask him how many bball players of his have every gone one to play bball in college. Ever. You will only need one hand for that count.

Sinicki should focus on coaching and defer the administrative efforts to someone else. They really need an AD who will work on the kids behalf.

" Sinicki's hands are tied and it is up to the parents to fight this fight."

Isn't Sinicki the athletic director? If the football coach was fired he was probably involved with it. Maybe the football coach wasn't letting the basketball players out of practice to go to basketball practice.

I'd agree that Sinicki is a good HS basketball Coach. Knows how to get the most out of his players, but he's a terrible leader and administrator. He does nothing to help his kids get recruited. He's actually detrimental to it - in that he won't return a phone call or email from any interested school. Ask him how many bball players of his have every gone one to play bball in college. Ever. You will only need one hand for that count.

Sinicki should focus on coaching and defer the administrative efforts to someone else. They really need an AD who will work on the kids behalf.

that is a great idea, except this would be a problem for the sinicki household... if he was to just coach, he would only make a paltry income, and since he can't do anything else of any use, especially since he has no qualifications or ability to do anything but hoodwink the simpletons in the seton community that he has done these past number of years, he would have trouble making ends meet... so instead what seton will probably do, after sitting down with sinicki so that he can explain about his majestic self, is give him a good sized raise and even more authority to run roughshod over anyone that might get in his way... that is the more likely scenario

are you retarded? a player went d1 last year and there are going to be 3 more going to college for basketball this year

Sinicki did nothing to get the tall soft kid into Princeton. The kids Dad took care of that. We'll see what happens with these 3, but I can assure you - Sinicki will have nothing to do with it. He can barely use a phone much less the internet.

Find a few more examples of college basketball players from Seton.

You therefore, are the retard.

are you retarded? a player went d1 last year and there are going to be 3 more going to college for basketball this year

3 players? i count 2... torto and smothers, that's it.... none of the others has a chance. especially when sinicki won't lift a finger for anyone but himself

Armstrong and Danny Farrell is playing for st bonnies right now and there are plenty others in the past and I know for a fact sinicki answers all the calls and emails he gets from coaches about his players

Armstrong and Danny Farrell is playing for st bonnies right now and there are plenty others in the past and I know for a fact sinicki answers all the calls and emails he gets from coaches about his players

You know that for a fact? Really? Then you are Sinicki or his wife.

If you are just another ex-player, then you (personally) may have rcvd the support of Sinicki, but a vast majority of those that played for him or played other sports besides bball or softball did not. Congratulations. You should start playing the lottery because you are a lucky person to have received such grace.

Any ideas on what happened to the thread on the Local Topics side? It was getting a little out of hand - but still an interesting conversation.

I guess the question remains - will the parents at Seton do anything about it - or is there some skeleton that is so bad that they are willing to let the whole thing go away.

Any ideas on what happened to the thread on the Local Topics side? It was getting a little out of hand - but still an interesting conversation.

I guess the question remains - will the parents at Seton do anything about it - or is there some skeleton that is so bad that they are willing to let the whole thing go away.

It disappeared again. It is the second thread that went missing the other one in on lock down. The parents are doing something. They are outraged and have begun the long process to trying to battle the political forces in that school. They are on a mission and are not backing down. Stay tuned. I think the parents are going to win this one!!

It disappeared again. It is the second thread that went missing the other one in on lock down. The parents are doing something. They are outraged and have begun the long process to trying to battle the political forces in that school. They are on a mission and are not backing down. Stay tuned. I think the parents are going to win this one!!

Knock it off already. Seton parents are softer than Seton kids they arent going to win anything, Dick Bucic and Dick Miller (the Dick's) kicked your a$$! too funny!

Knock it off already. Seton parents are softer than Seton kids they arent going to win anything, Dick Bucic and Dick Miller (the Dick's) kicked your a$$! too funny!

absolutely, what a joke... what do the seton parents think they are going to do to bucci, sinicki, and miller... nothing!!! those three will continue to $h!t on the seton parent as long as they feel like, so give it a rest, seton sux...

Another dominate performance by seton last night. No way they lose a league game this year (not counting the DWI games where they will probably lose both, bad) maybe Binghamton could beat them in the stac finals, but i dont think so. First loss will likely be in the regional game.

I think that the saints will lose at least one game, to maybe a CV, SV, ME, or someone along that talent level.

But agree overall that they will have very few losses, and in my opinion, very few close games this year even, a majority of their wins will be 15+ pt wins. Kinda pathetic for the other local schools, i think the talent level of HS basketball in this region has plummeted the last 5-10 years.

Not a Seton Parent but went to the game last night to see what Seton was about. First a comment about the JV game. The Seton coach for JV's is terrible in my opinion. One of the worst coaches I have ever seen. I would never allow any child of mine to play for him and feel sory for the kids who do.

The Seton Varsity came out very strong. Definitely far stronger than Windsor whose largest players were freshman. A big mismatch. The 3rd quarter was very sloppy for Seton. Looked like a 3rd grade game. Everbody just running all over. Seton leading by 20 or so after 3 but had been leading by this much in the 2nd quarter. The Smothers kid was the best player on the floor this day for Seton. The Torto kid had some nice passes into him but other than that seemed to have an off night. If Windsor is typical of what Seton will face all season then they are going to be in big trouble when they go to play 'A' schools at season's end.

Also noticed the refs allowed a lot of travelling to go on without calling it in both games. Some were so bad (4 steps). Both teams were doing it and it cheapened the games to allow it.

Not a Seton Parent but went to the game last night to see what Seton was about. First a comment about the JV game. The Seton coach for JV's is terrible in my opinion. One of the worst coaches I have ever seen. I would never allow any child of mine to play for him and feel sory for the kids who do.

The Seton Varsity came out very strong. Definitely far stronger than Windsor whose largest players were freshman. A big mismatch. The 3rd quarter was very sloppy for Seton. Looked like a 3rd grade game. Everbody just running all over. Seton leading by 20 or so after 3 but had been leading by this much in the 2nd quarter. The Smothers kid was the best player on the floor this day for Seton. The Torto kid had some nice passes into him but other than that seemed to have an off night. If Windsor is typical of what Seton will face all season then they are going to be in big trouble when they go to play 'A' schools at season's end.

Also noticed the refs allowed a lot of travelling to go on without calling it in both games. Some were so bad (4 steps). Both teams were doing it and it cheapened the games to allow it.

Traveling is lost turnover. When I played if you fell to the floor you were traveling. No kids are rolling around on the floor with the ball and nothing is called.

Guest fact checker

reply to franky...you need a spanky...seton does not play maine endwell..the spartans play only AA basketball teams..the saints on the other hand play such legendary basketball powers as..forks, windsor,cv and perhaps the point..a state playoff game with our darlings against jd from syracuse..any doubt as to the outcome?? looking from a answer from the postor who declared seton has three div one players...

reply to franky...you need a spanky...seton does not play maine endwell..the spartans play only AA basketball teams..the saints on the other hand play such legendary basketball powers as..forks, windsor,cv and perhaps the point..a state playoff game with our darlings against jd from syracuse..any doubt as to the outcome?? looking from a answer from the postor who declared seton has three div one players...

Seton plays WAY up, so you can't blame them there, they are playing two levles up really, as they should be in class C given the probably 215 or so kids they have enrolled. But no arguing, they will get spanked by JD and Coleman could have 50 pts...and they have 0 division 1 talent, maybe a D1 player if they want to sit on the bench for 4 years.

I know for a fact that Sinicki does nothing to help his players get recruited. I am a former Sinicki player and had to do all the recruiting myself. I found out from my current college coach that Sinicki never returned his calls, or the calls of other coaches that my current college coach is good friends with. Sinicki never once answered a email or returned a phone call. It was like pulling teeth to get him to write me a simple letter of recommendation for me.

I know for a fact that Sinicki does nothing to help his players get recruited. I am a former Sinicki player and had to do all the recruiting myself. I found out from my current college coach that Sinicki never returned his calls, or the calls of other coaches that my current college coach is good friends with. Sinicki never once answered a email or returned a phone call. It was like pulling teeth to get him to write me a simple letter of recommendation for me.

If what was said above is true then I would have a serious problem with this if I were a high ranking Seton official. If this can be proven, I submit that these are grounds for dismissal or at a very minimum - disciplinary action should be taken by the school. What that says is it's not about the kids at all for him - it's purely for his own ego (coaching success).

Needs a huge priority check.

Can't say this about Cook - he's out there working with schools to get his kids full / partial scholarships - what ever is available to them.

Archived