Seton Buffer Basketball Thread 2011-2012

Guest Guest

it is dumb to say these bad things about coach sinicki and the seton players, i thought they played great, i am so proud of them. they would have won all the games if the refs weren't so bad, they were calling everything against us, we could not get any calls. did you see how many times the other team kept pushing our guys to the floor, and they wouldn't call fouls on the other team? i know seton can play and beat anyone, as long as they put their minds to it. seton kids remember, you guys rock!

and our coaches are the best, to, so if you say they are not you are just being silly, so so silly... coach sinicki is always yelling and showing everyone that he is a great coach on the bench, he does that every game, and i think he is the tops... for shame on you people jealous of seton, that is just so wrong!

You would've won all the games if your team had scored more points than the other team when time expires. That's usually how this particular game works.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest STEVENS

i have been attacked by a local literary giant..Thank you for your kind words / in disagreeing with my post , he assailed its content thusly...i am a bitter jealous person, i live in a pathetic world,i was not at the event i reported on... Correct - Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery / i was...i have a poor understanding of the topic..apparently his is much better since we differ... At least you acknowledge your deficiency in that area - for that you should be commended / he twice reffered to me as being female..mom..etc a insult? Not necessarily - more of an observation / an insinuation only males should have knowledge in this area ?? Not only males - but your motherly posture was evident and therefore worthy of pointing out / or penis envy ?? Not sure how that pertains here but you seem to be guilty of that as well / now a little about my post..seton got beat in a game ?? they lost ..period.. Brilliant - Thank you for more boxscore wisdom / some found solace in the closeness of the loss..a moral victory of sorts..i did not, and never do... Your victory is in seeing your little Johnnie playing regardless of the outcome of the game / the seton coach was losing the game by fifteen points..there was a minute to play..his star..a good player was still in the game..i believe and please correct me if i was wrong..there were seton players who did not play... i question why?..the next day, again .. in a game for LAST PLACE..seton players did not PLAY.. just asking... i believe it has to cross the minds of their parents as well ... Life lesson to be learned - The days of everyone plays and everyone gets a trophy are gone. The sooner you realize this - the clearer your understanding of life will become. The funny thing is that your little Johnnie has probably come to grips with this already.

why do you insist i have a son playing??.. my little johnnie??..why not a daughter, my little joannie?? you should look up penis envy. it will broaden your perspective... i opined on a athletic contest.. the outcome was relevant..how the outcome was reported in what i thought was a biased manner..i took the opportunity this medium provides and opined.. you have done nothing to discredit the posts factual accounts, but rather taken your time to attack me personally..childish, to say the least..there is not a high school coach in this great country that does not tell his or her players to have fun...it is no fun sitting on the bench..of course that is where subs belong..however in 15 pt losses with a minute to play...team star still getting HIS points...some kids not yet in game..if you see a lifes lesson..positive.. please explain..apparently you and the coach can readily turn the other cheek to ther subs...

I think that they played much better than most people thought they would. only lost the first two by about 20 (16 or 18) and then the last by 1, with a chance to win at the buzzer. Going into the games, I think the general thought was that they would lose by much more in each game.

Luckily Torto showed up for the second and third games, if he doesn't have almost 30 points in both games, they do get blown out pretty bad. He was very impressive, Maybe they should consider changing the name to the Seton Catholic Central "Torto's" for the remainder of the season.

Guest Stevens supporter

why do you insist i have a son playing??.. my little johnnie??..why not a daughter, my little joannie?? you should look up penis envy. it will broaden your perspective... i opined on a athletic contest.. the outcome was relevant..how the outcome was reported in what i thought was a biased manner..i took the opportunity this medium provides and opined.. you have done nothing to discredit the posts factual accounts, but rather taken your time to attack me personally..childish, to say the least..there is not a high school coach in this great country that does not tell his or her players to have fun...it is no fun sitting on the bench..of course that is where subs belong..however in 15 pt losses with a minute to play...team star still getting HIS points...some kids not yet in game..if you see a lifes lesson..positive.. please explain..apparently you and the coach can readily turn the other cheek to ther subs...

That's pretty weak son - I noticed you didn't even use your usual moniker with that embarassing comeback.

Here's some advice : Quit while your behind junior - unless you want this verbal beatdown to continue.

That said - I, for one, am thoroughly enjoying reading this thread and seeing you get your ass handed to you in print. It's way overdue.

Know that the dwi tourney is over, scc will go back to beating everyone by 20 points.

Best game of the year will be the stac championship against binghamton, as long as bing doesn't choke...

If Binghamton loses it will be because their point guard decides to become a ball hog like he did against Vestal. Vestal almost beat Binghamton thanks to him

If Binghamton loses it will be because their point guard decides to become a ball hog like he did against Vestal. Vestal almost beat Binghamton thanks to him

Actually that game was close due to a few factors, none of which were the play of Rose. Who, by the way, made some huge plays down the stretch and I think at times needed to be a little more selfish as there were a few possessions late where he didnt even touch the ball.

1) Edwards got hurt and was out/ineffective after the first quarter. Binghamton has zero inside presence with him out of the line up and with him out they had no answer for Kerns inside on either side of the floor.

2) Binghamton stayed in a press which Vestal handled easily when Kerns was in the game. He was making great decisions and it led to his team getting 2-1's 3-2's etc. When Binghamton set up their Defense in the half court Vestal could not get good looks at the basket for the most part.

3) Vestal played well, and fought back despite falling behind 10-0 to start the game!! How about we give credit to a team for keeping it close and not immediately blaming it on someone on the other team!!!

The Binghamton Press was awful and easilly broken by Vestal. It looked like a 1 - 2 - 2 that was poorly spaced and Vestal attacked it with one quick pass to the middle and a return pass to a cutting team-mate. With Binghamtons superior quickness - and a better trapping Press (Springer ?) - they would have given Vestal nightmares and won by 20. Agree that Rose was not the issue at all. Binghamton's poor Press deployment allowed Vestal to get back into the game. Edwards being out opened up the game for Kerns on the inside and let Vestal hang around.

I have to question the coach and his staff to enter our kids in this tournament in the national bracket. 3 elite teams in 3 days is just way to much for our team. The Coach knew this going in, but like always with him, ego gets in the way.

Binghamton wanted a break from the National Division. They asked Seton. I talked to Sinicki himself. He said, "Of course I said yes." That is the kind of coach I want for my kids and hopefully will. He said the same thing about being bumped to Class A, "Bring it on." It is a compliment to the program. End of story.

Binghamton wanted a break from the National Division. They asked Seton. I talked to Sinicki himself. He said, "Of course I said yes." That is the kind of coach I want for my kids and hopefully will. He said the same thing about being bumped to Class A, "Bring it on." It is a compliment to the program. End of story.

You might want to get your facts straight. Seton fought getting moved from Class C to Class B and Class B to Class A. If he said "bring it on" it was after Section IV grew a set and told them they were being moved up.

His team is a bunch of whiney trash talking punks, that's all you need to see to get a sense of the type of guy the coach is. If that's the kind of influence you want for your kids, then go for it.

End of story.

Don't kid yourself. SCC had no choice about being bumped up to Class A for sectionals. It was voted on and they lost. SCC and Sinicki vigorously challenged the ruling with the hopes of staying in B. He isn't going to make himself look bad about the move up to A's by saying something negative in public.

You might want to get your facts straight. Seton fought getting moved from Class C to Class B and Class B to Class A. If he said "bring it on" it was after Section IV grew a set and told them they were being moved up.

His team is a bunch of whiney trash talking punks, that's all you need to see to get a sense of the type of guy the coach is. If that's the kind of influence you want for your kids, then go for it.

End of story.

What I heard that Sinicki fought was his schedule. If they were going to move him to A then make his schedule against A and AA teams. STAC did not do that and he has a legitimate gripe. You should be scheduled against teams in your own class. Seton is getting screwed over by this.

The Binghamton Press was awful and easilly broken by Vestal. It looked like a 1 - 2 - 2 that was poorly spaced and Vestal attacked it with one quick pass to the middle and a return pass to a cutting team-mate. With Binghamtons superior quickness - and a better trapping Press (Springer ?) - they would have given Vestal nightmares and won by 20. Agree that Rose was not the issue at all. Binghamton's poor Press deployment allowed Vestal to get back into the game. Edwards being out opened up the game for Kerns on the inside and let Vestal hang around.

The best point guard in Binghamton is the 8th grader on JV's. Way ahead of Rose at that age. Rose will never get recruiited as a point guard. His dribbling skills are not great. Turns the ball over too much. He should be a number 2 guard. Did you notice that UE did not lose much? May very well knock off Binghamton by season's end. They play better team ball now.

What I heard that Sinicki fought was his schedule. If they were going to move him to A then make his schedule against A and AA teams. STAC did not do that and he has a legitimate gripe. You should be scheduled against teams in your own class. Seton is getting screwed over by this.

Why don't you explain how poor Seton is getting screwed over.

They have been classified as an A school this year and everyone agrees that is appropriate. There are a handful of A schools so they will have to win a pool of only 4 to win section IV and advance to the state tournament. They will play 2 of those teams as part of their STAC schedule (JC and Owego) and could have scheduled a game with M-E if they wanted. During the year, they played in the national division at the DWI. All those schools are better than any local school and certainly equivalent to any A or AA they could have scheduled locally. They will also have the opportunity to play in the STAC semi and final games, almost certainly against A or AA schools.

The best part is, if Seton just can't lower itself to playing the STAC schedule, they could go anywhere they want and play all the other private catholic schools they want. They're all over the state, nothing prevents them from forming their own league and they can all complain to each other about how the public schools screw the privates who have all sorts of advantages. Maybe they could have a group hug at the end of every game.

So please explain how they're getting screwed.

Why don't you explain how poor Seton is getting screwed over.

They have been classified as an A school this year and everyone agrees that is appropriate. There are a handful of A schools so they will have to win a pool of only 4 to win section IV and advance to the state tournament. They will play 2 of those teams as part of their STAC schedule (JC and Owego) and could have scheduled a game with M-E if they wanted. During the year, they played in the national division at the DWI. All those schools are better than any local school and certainly equivalent to any A or AA they could have scheduled locally. They will also have the opportunity to play in the STAC semi and final games, almost certainly against A or AA schools.

The best part is, if Seton just can't lower itself to playing the STAC schedule, they could go anywhere they want and play all the other private catholic schools they want. They're all over the state, nothing prevents them from forming their own league and they can all complain to each other about how the public schools screw the privates who have all sorts of advantages. Maybe they could have a group hug at the end of every game.

So please explain how they're getting screwed.

One way they will get screwed is the seeding for the sectional tournament.

SEEDING PROCEDURES

Seeding Points will be earned as follows: five (5) for a win over a team from a higher class; four (4) for a win over a team from the same class; three (3) for a win over a team from a lower class; two (2) for a loss to a team from a higher class; one (1) for a loss to a team from the same class; and zero (0) for a loss to a team from a lower class. The Seeding Average will then be computed by dividing the total points earned by the number of games played. When playing a team from outside Section IV, it is the Section IV school's responsibility to determine the class of their opponent.

Doesn't take a Mathematical genious to see that Endwell doesn't have to win very many games to beat Seton out for top seed. Seton's schedule is so weak even if they go undefeated ME will probably end up the first seed. Looks like ME chose their schedule.

One way they will get screwed is the seeding for the sectional tournament.

SEEDING PROCEDURES

Seeding Points will be earned as follows: five (5) for a win over a team from a higher class; four (4) for a win over a team from the same class; three (3) for a win over a team from a lower class; two (2) for a loss to a team from a higher class; one (1) for a loss to a team from the same class; and zero (0) for a loss to a team from a lower class. The Seeding Average will then be computed by dividing the total points earned by the number of games played. When playing a team from outside Section IV, it is the Section IV school's responsibility to determine the class of their opponent.

Doesn't take a Mathematical genious to see that Endwell doesn't have to win very many games to beat Seton out for top seed. Seton's schedule is so weak even if they go undefeated ME will probably end up the first seed. Looks like ME chose their schedule.

Give me a break, whether they're seeded #1 which they are still apt to be or #2 is irrelevent. I'm fully aware of the seeding rules. So in a pool of 4 teams, you're concerned about what? That they'll have to play JC who is a .500 team against primarily B school competition instead of Owego? If they can't beat either of those teams in the "semi-finals" they have no business winning the section anyway.

The school and most of the students who attend there have a long list of privledges most other kids don't, it's really sad they would whine because they aren't given EVERY advantage. Stop playing the victim card and be thankful the other Section IV teams allow you to participate at all.

Give me a break, whether they're seeded #1 which they are still apt to be or #2 is irrelevent. I'm fully aware of the seeding rules. So in a pool of 4 teams, you're concerned about what? That they'll have to play JC who is a .500 team against primarily B school competition instead of Owego? If they can't beat either of those teams in the "semi-finals" they have no business winning the section anyway.

The school and most of the students who attend there have a long list of privledges most other kids don't, it's really sad they would whine because they aren't given EVERY advantage. Stop playing the victim card and be thankful the other Section IV teams allow you to participate at all.

Never played the game did you? Arm chair QB.

Never played the game did you? Arm chair QB.

Never played the game did you? Arm chair QB. = I have no basis to refute any of what you said and this is all I can come up with

Unfortunately for you "dude", when the 2 names missing from your list are 3rd year players, the face of the team, and one is the kid the local media is in the tank for, their behavior is going to be what people notice most. I also wouldn't agree all the others are "Nice, nice kids" on the court. They're a decent team, it's too bad they can't do it with class.

Who are you referring to??

Could you please list some or all of these advantages of which you speak, and specifically, how they improve the basketball team?

I see a lot of disadvantages: high tuition which decreases the number of available players, only one gym - to share with JV's and girls' teams, as well as dances, science fairs, fundraisers, etc...academic requirements for athletes which usually leads to some missed time during the season...the need to raise funds for athletics vs having them paid for by taxes in the school budget...

Archived