ALL METRO FOOTBALL TEAM

Guest Guest

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no All-Metro team anymore. Hasn't been the last two seasons. It's some almost-Section-wide thing now and three regional teams (based on Binghamton, Elmira and Ithaca papers)

The list will consist of the entire M-E football team

M-E will have 3, MAYBE 4 on the all-region team (Ithaca, Binghamton, Elmira papers). The local Binghamton paper there will have 4, maybe 5 on it. Outside shot of 6, but that's rare.

They WILL have the Player Of The Year at least for Binghamton, probably the region too.

Just because they made it to the state championship doesnt mean anything to the all metro team.... who would their player of the year be??

Sure it does. being the only local team to make it that far, history shows that team to have a decent "all metro" representation. Without fail. I mean, I know what you are saying, in theory you are right, but in history it does not work that way.

I might have to recant the POY, I think you are right it probably would not be a Spartan (if that is what you are alluding)

Guest stochastic ervtern

Sure it does. being the only local team to make it that far, history shows that team to have a decent "all metro" representation. Without fail. I mean, I know what you are saying, in theory you are right, but in history it does not work that way.

I might have to recant the POY, I think you are right it probably would not be a Spartan (if that is what you are alluding)

So say M-E has 6 players Bing will probably have at least 5 or 6...they usally have 4-5 and this year they fell one game short

4 ME kids should be no brainers - Sorrenti, Uceta, Haddock, Woolfolk. Gallagher is also coach of the year. Others deserving consideration (depending upon the politics); Allen, Barrett (didn't play long enough at FS), Davis (great on special teams), Jacoby (don't see ME getting 2 backs + he is a punk), Reynolds (had a great year) + one of the best if not the best punter in S4.

M-E is loaded and will be the best team in the section 4 and probably NY for a couple more years at least.....the core of the team is Sorrenti (Jr), Uceta (Jr), Jacoby (Jr), Woolfolk (Soph), Haddock (Jr), Gallagher (Soph), and most of the linemen are 11th graders......unreal. We'll see at least 3-4 of these kids at a big-time Division 1 college and likely the NFL someday.

Uceta is a better tailback than Jordan Thomas from U-E ever was, he's not as fast as Thomas in a 100m but it would be close in a 40 yard dash. Once Uceta physically develops and gets up around 180-190 lbs he'll be unstoppable.

M-E is loaded and will be the best team in the section 4 and probably NY for a couple more years at least.....the core of the team is Sorrenti (Jr), Uceta (Jr), Jacoby (Jr), Woolfolk (Soph), Haddock (Jr), Gallagher (Soph), and most of the linemen are 11th graders......unreal. We'll see at least 3-4 of these kids at a big-time Division 1 college and likely the NFL someday.

Get off the crack pipe.

This isn't the first junior laden team to win states ya know, Not even the first junior laden Section 4 team. As for "big time" D1, doubt it. Section 4 as whole has about 3 or 4 a decade make a big time D1 and I see none of that on the Spartans. And certainly not NFL.

Let's not go overboard here. This is a VERY talented team that has had just 24 hours to take in what they have done. Let them have that. Then later they can set their sights on a repeat and setting up a college career those that do get the opportunity to play at the next level. History shows that a team of this talent will realistically have a half-dozen play college ball at any level. Some will go to other sports, some no college sports at all, just an education.

4 ME kids should be no brainers - Sorrenti, Uceta, Haddock, Woolfolk. Gallagher is also coach of the year. Others deserving consideration (depending upon the politics); Allen, Barrett (didn't play long enough at FS), Davis (great on special teams), Jacoby (don't see ME getting 2 backs + he is a punk), Reynolds (had a great year) + one of the best if not the best punter in S4.

where are you getting off saying things like players are punks? and judging other players?

If jacoby is a punk then uceta and Sorrenti are arrogant and don't work during the off season

Guest johnny utah

Sorrenti will be the fullback, Uceta the kick returner and Jacoby will make it at tailback. Haddock at D-line and Woolfok at DB. So 5 ME players, maybe a 6th like Reynolds or Barrett at FS.

Sorrenti will be the fullback, Uceta the kick returner and Jacoby will make it at tailback.

No way two of the backfield. That's RARE in All-Metro or all-region and it ain't happening this year either.

Archived