ALL METRO FOOTBALL TEAM

Guest Guest

Guest Paterno
What do you consider excellant? Excellant to make an All-Star team? No. Mario Carrol-All-Star? No. Orlando? No. Downtown Qb.(hopefully you're not Pilarcek) you are completely wrong. Pilarcek knows what I'm talking about-believe me. (sorry I brought you into this thread but I know you would agree with me)

The All Star teams around here are a sham. Usually the all star QB is some D or C quarterback on a team that throws all the time and puts up big numbers in a crappy Division. Often the same is true for running backs.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you consider excellant? Excellant to make an All-Star team? No. Mario Carrol-All-Star? No. Orlando? No. Downtown Qb.(hopefully you're not Pilarcek) you are completely wrong. Pilarcek knows what I'm talking about-believe me. (sorry I brought you into this thread but I know you would agree with me)

I agree 100%. They put too much emphasis on stats and the success of the team. You could have a D Class RB put up some big numbers, get named All Metro - who may not have even been a starter on a good AA team.

Let the zebra's and scouts pick the all-stars!

The All Star teams around here are a sham. Usually the all star QB is some D or C quarterback on a team that throws all the time and puts up big numbers in a crappy Division. Often the same is true for running backs.

Other than the Sidney kid a couple years back, it's RARE a C od D QB gets the QB nod for all-metro or what it is now called. I can't even think of another C/D that got it.

I agree 100%. They put too much emphasis on stats and the success of the team. You could have a D Class RB put up some big numbers, get named All Metro - who may not have even been a starter on a good AA team.

Let the zebra's and scouts pick the all-stars!

I agree with you about 30-40%. Your right, guys from the AA should get a better look in the accolade department but what about the guys like Hart or Simmons? Hart's D team would of beaten any of the section 4 teams (that includes AA and A division) that year and how about 5-6 years ago? Walton, Sidney and Cf would of annilated the schoola in sect.4. As far as wolfman mentioning Qb's-right out o0f the top of my head Greene and Norwich had Qb's that made All-Metro.

I agree with you about 30-40%. Your right, guys from the AA should get a better look in the accolade department but what about the guys like Hart or Simmons? Hart's D team would of beaten any of the section 4 teams (that includes AA and A division) that year and how about 5-6 years ago? Walton, Sidney and Cf would of annilated the schoola in sect.4. As far as wolfman mentioning Qb's-right out o0f the top of my head Greene and Norwich had Qb's that made All-Metro.

The thing is, it's a kids fault were he lives. Someone like Kasovinsky from UE would have played in the NFL whether he went to UE or a small school like Deposit. Look at Chris Snee. There is a small school kid that made it big. If you got it you got it

The thing is, it's a kids fault were he lives. Someone like Kasovinsky from UE would have played in the NFL whether he went to UE or a small school like Deposit. Look at Chris Snee. There is a small school kid that made it big. If you got it you got it

I meant it's not a kids fault where he lives.

Hart's D team would of beaten any of the section 4 teams (that includes AA and A division)

2001 state Class D playoffs. Mike Hart's Onondaga 20, Newfield 14. I do not think they beat the better Section 4 teams that year.

2002 state Class C playoffs Onondaga 38, Lansing 0. Lansing had 4 losses that year. 14-0 to a 5-4 Dryden team, lost 40-6 to 8-1 Walton who got upset by Lansing's Section 4 finals opponent, and 14-12 to a 6-3 Groton team. I'm quite confident Class AA state semifinalist Vestal and Class A state semifinalist EFA, who beat Greg Paulus-led CBA, would have beaten Onondaga.

2003 state Class D playoffs Onondaga 56, Deposit 16. Deposit had lost 42-19 to same class Newfield that year. Onondaga then squeaked by in the semis by one TD vs Lyons of Section 5. I'm half with you on this one. I'm thinking they give our AA champ U-E a strong game and maybe win, but I do not see them knocking off Class A Corning East. 13-0 Chenango Forks won Class B states that year, but had a lot of relatively close games (held to 3 or less TDs 8 times) but defense was their strong suit. I see that one as another close game going either way.

Then again I could be wrong/

Norwich is not Class C or D and no Green QB made the team as QB.

Anything else?

I think a Greene Qb. named Whitaker made it, maybe they made him an All-Metro at Db . However , 2 Qb's from CF made it( Mirabato and the one before himthat went to Williams college) and i believe another one from Sidney made it ( not the one that made it 2 years ago who goes to Brockport)

2001 state Class D playoffs. Mike Hart's Onondaga 20, Newfield 14. I do not think they beat the better Section 4 teams that year.

2002 state Class C playoffs Onondaga 38, Lansing 0. Lansing had 4 losses that year. 14-0 to a 5-4 Dryden team, lost 40-6 to 8-1 Walton who got upset by Lansing's Section 4 finals opponent, and 14-12 to a 6-3 Groton team. I'm quite confident Class AA state semifinalist Vestal and Class A state semifinalist EFA, who beat Greg Paulus-led CBA, would have beaten Onondaga.

2003 state Class D playoffs Onondaga 56, Deposit 16. Deposit had lost 42-19 to same class Newfield that year. Onondaga then squeaked by in the semis by one TD vs Lyons of Section 5. I'm half with you on this one. I'm thinking they give our AA champ U-E a strong game and maybe win, but I do not see them knocking off Class A Corning East. 13-0 Chenango Forks won Class B states that year, but had a lot of relatively close games (held to 3 or less TDs 8 times) but defense was their strong suit. I see that one as another close game going either way.

Then again I could be wrong/

Thanks for that info Wolfman but I think some of the Cand D teams could of beaten the big schools.

P&S-B All-Metro Quarterbacks

1984 - Mike Carr, Vestal [A]

1986 - Scott Radeker, Unatego [C]

1989 - Chris Waters, Union-Endicott [A]

1994 - Matt Policare, Vestal [AA]

1996 - Mike Young, Vestal [AA]

1999 - Mike Chrystie, Oxford [D]

2001 - Chris Clark, Delhi.[D]

2002 - Joe Talbut, Vestal [AA]

2003 - Jordan Alger, Norwich

2004 - Shane Connelly, Maine-Endwell [A]

2005 - Kyle Morenus, Sidney [C]

2006 - Bryan Lance, Chenango Forks

2007 - Ahmed Hassanien, Binghamton [AA]

2008 - Ahmed Hassanien, Binghamton [AA]

2009 -

P&S-B All-Metro Quarterbacks

1984 - Mike Carr, Vestal [A]

1986 - Scott Radeker, Unatego [C]

1989 - Chris Waters, Union-Endicott [A]

1994 - Matt Policare, Vestal [AA]

1996 - Mike Young, Vestal [AA]

1999 - Mike Chrystie, Oxford [D]

2001 - Chris Clark, Delhi.[D]

2002 - Joe Talbut, Vestal [AA]

2003 - Jordan Alger, Norwich

2004 - Shane Connelly, Maine-Endwell [A]

2005 - Kyle Morenus, Sidney [C]

2006 - Bryan Lance, Chenango Forks

2007 - Ahmed Hassanien, Binghamton [AA]

2008 - Ahmed Hassanien, Binghamton [AA]

2009 -

That shows that the smaller schools are getting their share. Dylan Umbra-Sidney2010

All-Metro ended after 2009 season.

But I add he would have been all-metro. That new all-region thing is among three papers and the smaller area teams are less selective than all-metro was.

Archived