Best UFC Soccer players

Guest college scout

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jfjcjcjcjc

Hristos was fired from BU and then fired from Fusion after being extremely unpopular and having multiple unsuccessful seasons. Not a chance. Who else can possibly coach these kids...

Chris Riley charging $300 for 18 sessions is terrible. Unless you are the Michitti family. I'm guessing no charge for the great ones. Maybe that's why my family has to pay so much.

Talk about making money. Paying $140 per hour for field time for one field. That is making money.

Bringing in Mia Hamm & charging $200 pp. That's making a lot of money. Especially when everyone else donated their time to run the event.

I have a 9 yr old boy who plays for UFC & he loves it. The coaches are very nice & I pay $15 a month plus dome league games. I didn't have to pay for a uniform. That was a nice bonus.

Darpino used his massive wealth to buy all the field practice times. Thus forcing Fusion and BC United to collapse and fall under his UFC, where he and his buddy-buddy Shane Cook, could be in control and call all the shots. Like he did before, Cook is already chasing people away. Proof:

Matt Narode- Decided to return to Albany for grad school, why this year? because a former D1 player didn't want to be the b*tch of an unsuccessful ju-co coach (with no playing credentials)

Joe Dorini- Fed up, job searching, Why? because BU had a bad season and UFC is nothing to look forward to now.

Marco- more distanced, Why? because one of the smartest coaches in the area isn't in control anymore. Its weird someone who actually cares about the seeing kids off to college programs.

Its about the kids Shane. NOT YOU. DO EVERYONE A FAVOR AND STEP BACK FROM AREA SOCCER

Darpino used his massive wealth to buy all the field practice times. Thus forcing Fusion and BC United to collapse and fall under his UFC, where he and his buddy-buddy Shane Cook, could be in control and call all the shots. Like he did before, Cook is already chasing people away. Proof:

Matt Narode- Decided to return to Albany for grad school, why this year? because a former D1 player didn't want to be the b*tch of an unsuccessful ju-co coach (with no playing credentials)

Joe Dorini- Fed up, job searching, Why? because BU had a bad season and UFC is nothing to look forward to now.

Marco- more distanced, Why? because one of the smartest coaches in the area isn't in control anymore. Its weird someone who actually cares about the seeing kids off to college programs.

Its about the kids Shane. NOT YOU. DO EVERYONE A FAVOR AND STEP BACK FROM AREA SOCCER

Bingo....you have nailed it spot on.

To the person saying "Schum, Blackwell, Marco" will all be back, Marco has stepped very far away before this week, Schum has nothing to do with UFC, Blackwell is minimally involved as well. This issue has nothing to do with the NSCAA Convention. It has to do with people trying to get away from the fiasco that Shane Cook created

Guest I Love Soccer!

Obviously, there are people here that have it out for Cook, but why? Some of you have made it sound like players are leaving in droves, but when I take my child to the Dome, it sure looks like United FC is doing something right. I too had a chld in Riley's program, but to be truthful, eventhough he is knows soccer, it is about him and Bahij. He is as far up Bahij's backend and asks permission to breath. Come on - since when is there a "Select" U10 program - if flies in the face of NYSW and US soccer.

So . .why all the hatred with United FC? BC United only had Fusion and 1 travel team last year - their days were numbered . . .SRUSA is no longer, JC merged with GBSA . . So, there are declining overall registration numbers, fewer number of clubs, and a group that has a vision to continue to grow the area's soccer skills. If I were Riley, I would try to look at rebuilding the relationship with what now seems to me to be the largest Travel Club in the area. He has done well, but he could even impact more and do better if he was like his father and not Bahij's boy.

The Dome lacks integrity. He only worries about his money. It is a shame for the operation of the facility could be so much better. Like Riley, there are those that are blinded to the "dome". It is a health hazard - spitting and I truly wonder if the air is contaminated with something.

Everyone must remember that this is for the children of our area. If someone wants to throw money at it to help reduce my cost and I feel that I am getting a decent price, then let me make that decision. My kids are not in danger and are learning a life skill. I want my children to be great players, but face reality folks, do really think that your Sally or Tommy will be the next "Donovan Landon".

As for Marco and United FC, he is STILL there for he recently coached my child's team. Of course, if you want better, then feel free to travel to Albany or Syracuse. Otherwise, teach your children something, be respectful as to what others are giving.

Obviously, there are people here that have it out for Cook, but why? Some of you have made it sound like players are leaving in droves, but when I take my child to the Dome, it sure looks like United FC is doing something right. I too had a chld in Riley's program, but to be truthful, eventhough he is knows soccer, it is about him and Bahij. He is as far up Bahij's backend and asks permission to breath. Come on - since when is there a "Select" U10 program - if flies in the face of NYSW and US soccer.

So . .why all the hatred with United FC? BC United only had Fusion and 1 travel team last year - their days were numbered . . .SRUSA is no longer, JC merged with GBSA . . So, there are declining overall registration numbers, fewer number of clubs, and a group that has a vision to continue to grow the area's soccer skills. If I were Riley, I would try to look at rebuilding the relationship with what now seems to me to be the largest Travel Club in the area. He has done well, but he could even impact more and do better if he was like his father and not Bahij's boy.

The Dome lacks integrity. He only worries about his money. It is a shame for the operation of the facility could be so much better. Like Riley, there are those that are blinded to the "dome". It is a health hazard - spitting and I truly wonder if the air is contaminated with something.

Everyone must remember that this is for the children of our area. If someone wants to throw money at it to help reduce my cost and I feel that I am getting a decent price, then let me make that decision. My kids are not in danger and are learning a life skill. I want my children to be great players, but face reality folks, do really think that your Sally or Tommy will be the next "Donovan Landon".

As for Marco and United FC, he is STILL there for he recently coached my child's team. Of course, if you want better, then feel free to travel to Albany or Syracuse. Otherwise, teach your children something, be respectful as to what others are giving.

There are two sides to the UFC, Club and Premier. Your kid is in the Club side, and UFC is doing what any club organization is doing. So, you may know what you are talking about in regards to the club side, but you have not a clue of what it takes to have a Premier program. For the Premier side, it is a completely different aspect of soccer. There is no comparison. You need to look at the other programs that you mentioned for the Permier teams to understand what they are and the level of play.

What is UFC giving? For a soccer club with officers, why are there no open board meetings? Who are the officers? Why are there no minutes posted? Better yet, you need to ask what the coaches and officers are being paid. Some are being paid over $35,000 to be a coach! That is giving?

Everything the earlier posters have stated has been on the target. I think you need to realize that Cook, Darpino, and Purtell have all but destroyed the Premier side of soccer here. And, yes, there are kids coming up through the team here that could be good enough to play MLS soccer if they get the right training early on.

So, keep being impressed with UFC, the expensive warm-ups the parent coaches wear, and all the gimmicks that UFC has tried to use to convince people they are in it for the love of the game. But, for premier level soccer, families need to go elsewhere.

First, the dome is a business and generally you run a business to make money unlike a soccer club meant to provide opportunity for youth to play a game. Yes I agree the condition that Bahij keeps the dome in is deplorable. There needs to be more sanitation, better care of the fields, more money spent on heat (sorry but its still too cold in there for u8's to be in shorts) and lastly his scheduling is and has been a running joke. You can't expect the business to run like a club, they are totally different beasts.

Yes UFC should openly tell club members what they are paying Cook and anyone else with a salary from the club. Yes UFC should open up about why they think its a good idea to take a team to Europe with no skill qualifications, u13-u19 players combined to fill a roster. Yes UFC should disclose why they need a raffle (with prizes all donated by the company of the founders) to raise more cash. Yes UFC should say why a bus in needed for the club, it is an insurance nightmare and only leads to less supervision of players by adults. All of this stuff just reeks of a cash cow for someone, these things are not in the best interest of players.

I don't know why people think Marco has left the club, the point is that his control and influence in the club is greatly diminished now. Cook did not want any appearance of multiple people in control as a coach. He forced Marco to take a back seat to him and that is a joke. Cook has never accomplished anything as a coach, no State Cups, no college success. Hell he took 1/2 of a State Cup championship team at BCC and couldn't win anything. All Marco has done is win 3 State Cups (something that hadn't been done in 2 years locally), go to the NCAA Championships at D1 level, and produce a quality program for years. His reward was being screwed over by this group.

I'll say this my kid is a u8 and has been asked by both UFC and GBSA to join their clubs, I have serious issues with both. The whole premier set up for u8 and u9 kids that GBSA is wrong as a previous poster said. Even NYSW and USSF soccer groups have realized that and said to avoid it at young ages, wait until kids have gotten old enough to commit themselves at that age its more about a parent trying to feel special. The skill training with Riley is great at that age to make the kid better, the premier team is a bad decision. I won't join UFC until all the numerous issues I mentioned above are answered to my satisfaction. There is something fishy going on and I will not get involved in it until I know the whole story, I've asked people in the club and no one seems to have the real answers except Cook and Darpino and they aren't talking.

I'll say this my kid is a u8 and has been asked by both UFC and GBSA to join their clubs, I have serious issues with both. The whole premier set up for u8 and u9 kids that GBSA is wrong as a previous poster said. Even NYSW and USSF soccer groups have realized that and said to avoid it at young ages,

I have a child in VYSA U8 program and we have been very happy. Matt Wood is great as a trainer and the coaches couldn’t be better. As a parent with more than one child in soccer we don’t always agree with everything a club or team does but am grateful for the commitment to the community the new leaders of VYSA promote.

I'll say this my kid is a u8 and has been asked by both UFC and GBSA to join their clubs, I have serious issues with both. The whole premier set up for u8 and u9 kids that GBSA is wrong as a previous poster said. Even NYSW and USSF soccer groups have realized that and said to avoid it at young ages,

I have a child in VYSA U8 program and we have been very happy. Matt Wood is great as a trainer and the coaches couldn’t be better. As a parent with more than one child in soccer we don’t always agree with everything a club or team does but am grateful for the commitment to the community the new leaders of VYSA promote.

Yes, Marco has done all that. It was pure jealously of the part of the those involved in the UFC power grab that has caused the best coach in the area to take a back seat. Name one coach in the area that has accomplished as much as Marco did with his Fusion program.

Guest Just Curious

First, the dome is a business and generally you run a business to make money unlike a soccer club meant to provide opportunity for youth to play a game. Yes I agree the condition that Bahij keeps the dome in is deplorable. There needs to be more sanitation, better care of the fields, more money spent on heat (sorry but its still too cold in there for u8's to be in shorts) and lastly his scheduling is and has been a running joke. You can't expect the business to run like a club, they are totally different beasts.

I really wonder what are kids are exposed to at the dome. Just not sure how to get it addressed. Also Bahij has a for profit and a not-for-proft organization. Now he is involved with another new club, Greater Binghamton FC. I guess he finalizes realizes that folks are leaving GBSA for others, including United FC.

As for running the Club as a business - I completely disagree with you on this, Unlike the Obama govenrment, one can not have expenses exceed revenues, so if you think that there is a shell game going on, it will eventually catch up. As for Club meetings, as a member, I know that they are held every 2nd Tuesday at 7:30 PM at California Grill. There is nothing secret about it, unless you make it sound that way. Also, I receive a copy of the minutes, once again only you make it an issue. Sounds like you have a beef with the Club.

Yes UFC should openly tell club members what they are paying Cook and anyone else with a salary from the club. Yes UFC should open up about why they think its a good idea to take a team to Europe with no skill qualifications, u13-u19 players combined to fill a roster. Yes UFC should disclose why they need a raffle (with prizes all donated by the company of the founders) to raise more cash. Yes UFC should say why a bus in needed for the club, it is an insurance nightmare and only leads to less supervision of players by adults. All of this stuff just reeks of a cash cow for someone, these things are not in the best interest of players.

Honestly, I could care less what they pay Cook, Marco or others (trainers). Heck, when Marco was at BC United he was supposed to get $8,000 a year, ask him how much he recieved as club teams were leaving. They are the leadership and if things start turning south, then membership can vote them out. Democracy, what a wonderful thing.

Also, the Europe trip is a NON-United FC event. I had a daughter go to one from another club, what a great experience. You need to understand that European programs are very different than American programs. But to counter your obvious tainted perspective, it is open to anyone that wants to go. I understand that they have plenty of folks wanting to go.

As for the raffle, I understand it is for field maintenance needs at BC United complex. The complex took a beating last fall, that plus normal maintenance needs require significant resources to continue to keep this complex the best in the area.

The team bus or whatever it is defined is a great asset. I am extremely sure that United FC has evaluated the insurance/driver requirements. The key thing here is that no one is required to take it as transport. It will be cool to take it to a tournament or other soccer event. But to make it clear, the bus is not required to be ridden.

I don't know why people think Marco has left the club, the point is that his control and influence in the club is greatly diminished now. Cook did not want any appearance of multiple people in control as a coach. He forced Marco to take a back seat to him and that is a joke. Cook has never accomplished anything as a coach, no State Cups, no college success. Hell he took 1/2 of a State Cup championship team at BCC and couldn't win anything. All Marco has done is win 3 State Cups (something that hadn't been done in 2 years locally), go to the NCAA Championships at D1 level, and produce a quality program for years. His reward was being screwed over by this group.

Last I understood is that Marco was still influential as the Boys Director of Coaching. I thought the basic premise of let the business people run the financials and let the coaches run the training was a pretty good model. No one forced Marco to join United FC but I think he saw the writing with BC United's demise.

I'll say this my kid is a u8 and has been asked by both UFC and GBSA to join their clubs, I have serious issues with both. The whole premier set up for u8 and u9 kids that GBSA is wrong as a previous poster said. Even NYSW and USSF soccer groups have realized that and said to avoid it at young ages, wait until kids have gotten old enough to commit themselves at that age its more about a parent trying to feel special. The skill training with Riley is great at that age to make the kid better, the premier team is a bad decision. I won't join UFC until all the numerous issues I mentioned above are answered to my satisfaction. There is something fishy going on and I will not get involved in it until I know the whole story, I've asked people in the club and no one seems to have the real answers except Cook and Darpino and they aren't talking.

We do have much in common - the children should be first. The Bahij connection is questionable and he really does not care. Riley is doing something good, but the longer he is aligned with Bahij, the sooner the "honeymoon" will end. As for United FC, there is no other local club that has the credentials that they do. We are in an age that everyone expects someone else to do it. United FC has a very involved group of volunteers - this may also be the honeymoon period, but seriously if you have the same group of trainers that existed at BC United and a group of folks that work hard to get sponsorships and run the business end and this structire works, then why be so concerned.

I plan to get more involved with United FC for I truly beleive that they have the best interest of area youth in mind. There will be naysayers, but players are leaving other clubs for they see the organization at work and want to be included. If there are scrupulous activities involved, I am sure it will be a matter of time for the Club to have to answer to higher authorities for its decisions. Just make sure that the existing BC United Leadership does not do something like see the excess land to existing board members for ten cents on the dollar. Better yet, when have they ever published minutes or Board meeting times. No need to investigate - NEVER!

Thanks for your input Shane.

I really wonder what are kids are exposed to at the dome. Just not sure how to get it addressed. Also Bahij has a for profit and a not-for-proft organization. Now he is involved with another new club, Greater Binghamton FC. I guess he finalizes realizes that folks are leaving GBSA for others, including United FC.

As for running the Club as a business - I completely disagree with you on this, Unlike the Obama govenrment, one can not have expenses exceed revenues, so if you think that there is a shell game going on, it will eventually catch up. As for Club meetings, as a member, I know that they are held every 2nd Tuesday at 7:30 PM at California Grill. There is nothing secret about it, unless you make it sound that way. Also, I receive a copy of the minutes, once again only you make it an issue. Sounds like you have a beef with the Club.

Honestly, I could care less what they pay Cook, Marco or others (trainers). Heck, when Marco was at BC United he was supposed to get $8,000 a year, ask him how much he recieved as club teams were leaving. They are the leadership and if things start turning south, then membership can vote them out. Democracy, what a wonderful thing.

Also, the Europe trip is a NON-United FC event. I had a daughter go to one from another club, what a great experience. You need to understand that European programs are very different than American programs. But to counter your obvious tainted perspective, it is open to anyone that wants to go. I understand that they have plenty of folks wanting to go.

As for the raffle, I understand it is for field maintenance needs at BC United complex. The complex took a beating last fall, that plus normal maintenance needs require significant resources to continue to keep this complex the best in the area.

The team bus or whatever it is defined is a great asset. I am extremely sure that United FC has evaluated the insurance/driver requirements. The key thing here is that no one is required to take it as transport. It will be cool to take it to a tournament or other soccer event. But to make it clear, the bus is not required to be ridden.

Last I understood is that Marco was still influential as the Boys Director of Coaching. I thought the basic premise of let the business people run the financials and let the coaches run the training was a pretty good model. No one forced Marco to join United FC but I think he saw the writing with BC United's demise.

We do have much in common - the children should be first. The Bahij connection is questionable and he really does not care. Riley is doing something good, but the longer he is aligned with Bahij, the sooner the "honeymoon" will end. As for United FC, there is no other local club that has the credentials that they do. We are in an age that everyone expects someone else to do it. United FC has a very involved group of volunteers - this may also be the honeymoon period, but seriously if you have the same group of trainers that existed at BC United and a group of folks that work hard to get sponsorships and run the business end and this structire works, then why be so concerned.

I plan to get more involved with United FC for I truly beleive that they have the best interest of area youth in mind. There will be naysayers, but players are leaving other clubs for they see the organization at work and want to be included. If there are scrupulous activities involved, I am sure it will be a matter of time for the Club to have to answer to higher authorities for its decisions. Just make sure that the existing BC United Leadership does not do something like see the excess land to existing board members for ten cents on the dollar. Better yet, when have they ever published minutes or Board meeting times. No need to investigate - NEVER!

Thanks for your input Shane.

More like Darpino or Purtell.

I have yet to receive an email informing me of the times and dates of board meetings. This information is not on the website nor or are the board members listed. Who is the president? Who is the VP? Who is the Treasurer? Who is the secretary? Also, the minutes are not posted either. So, how does one learn of these meetings? The good old boy system?

The GBSA has plenty of teams as do the other clubs, UFC has the Vestal half that went with them and the BC United teams. The Club side may survive but their premier has just fallen apart. UFC has a terrible reputation and people do not wish to associated with it, and prefer to stay with their own clubs. The good parent coaches are not in UFC, they have stayed with their local club teams. Chris Riley has the skills and the training abilities and will most likely have the premier side of teams in 1-2 years. The non-professional team at the Dome will set him apart from the local groups. Without premier, UFC will just another expensive club.

The European trip is simply one for Cook and his buddys. It a free trip for them. If it's not associated with UFC, why is Cook in charge of it and recruiting UFC players for it? And, what kind of tournament has U14-U19 play on the same team?

The statement that money is needed for the BC United Complex is falsely presented here. It's not UFC's responsibility to take care of the fields. They do not own them. Yes, the fields took a beating, but the rental fees charged to the schools and teams using them will be used to care for them. UFC shouldn't need to have raffles--where's all the money they taken in with fees and sponsorships? That is why the financials need to be open to all IF UFC wants to keep its non-profit status. If I were you, I'd be asking why some coaches and board members are being paid a salary. Take a look at other club organizations and find out what they normally do. UFC brings in tens of thousands of dollars a month. Where is it all going to if the field rentals were already for in cash last spring? The bus? the warm ups for the coaches? What? I have yet to see a discount on my monthly bill. It's no cheaper than what I paid with our last team.

The bus is an insurance nightmare. Deep pockets teams have them but most will rent a bus for a long trip. The right thing to do is get a rental with a professional driver. Who will drive it for UFC? Who has the license for it? Why was it needed? How much money is spent on it?

And, do not throw dirt at the BC United board in order to try to hide UFC activities. There are no plans to sell the land cheap to ANYONE and that includes UFC -- that is just waiting like a vulture.

You're funny.

You "wonder what the kids are exposed to" in the dome, but obviously still let yours practice and play there, so you can't be all that worried about it.

You obviously don't know Bahij. He makes it a point to know every GBSA parents' and players' names, and to talk to the kids when he sees them. The dome IS a business, make no mistake about that, but the teams are not treated that way at all.

NO ONE on the three teams my kid has played on (9, 10, 11) has left. In fact, they have new players coming in to try out from as far away as Syracuse and Utica every week. I have no idea where you came up with that one.

Any amout they pay Marco is too much. My kid did his Fusion Academy last year. We were supposed to receive an evaluation at the end of the session, to tell us what our kids' strengths and weaknesses were. Then, at the end of the session, they told us that they hadn't seen enough of our kids, and we'd have to sign them up for ANOTHER session so they could provide a true analasys. My kid must be PERFECT, because I (nor anyone else I know who was there) never received anything.

That bus is a joke. It's probably one that was beat up from it's use with Tom and Jerry's Sports Tours (owned by Tom Darpino), that they decided to redecorate instead of trashing. Big deal.

Nice try to lie and deceive to cover things up...lets try for some truth first. You claim UFC has nothing to do with the Europe trip? Here's the posting from UFC that advertised it, pretty much says it a UFC event.

"The trip is open to all United FC players from U14 to U19 this season

The price is based on 3 people to a room. If you want a double it is an additional $90 per room

This is a soccer trip based around a tournament and friendlies. The trip is about and for United FC players but, family members are also welcome to attend for the same cost

M. Shane Cook will facilitate the trip and United FC staff will coach the teams"

The raffle is to fix and repair the BC United Field complex? Here's a hint read the name of what you are fixing, the BC United Complex not the UFC Complex. UFC doesn't have to pay to fix that up, its not theirs and they have no reason to pay for it. Do you see Seton, the YMCA or any other group that runs leagues on it having a raffle to pay to repair it? No the reason is its not theirs. UFC does not own the complex and your paranoia that it miht get sold to screw UFC showed through in your post. Now the old Heritage CC that got flooded is owned by Darpino maybe you are paying to fix that, but he owned that before UFC was around, hmm sounds kind of fishy.

Lots of clubs have buses and its a great thing? Name other club that has a bus, there are none in NYSW I know people involved in Empire Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo no bus there. Blitz, Rhinos, Blackwatch never had a bus. Hell even the huge clubs like Cow Harbor, RedBull and NJ PDA don't have their own bus. I've been to the Region 1 championships the last three years (yeah my kid was on that Fusion team) and there were no team buses there.

If you really think Marco has a lot of influence in the new club I feel for you. His presence as compared to what he did with Fusion is minimal at best and thats because of Cook and his pettiness. Its been said before Cook never forgave Marco for removing him from Fusion twice. Thats why Cook had to start training the VYSA club teams he would have had no one to work with otherwise at that time. The only reason Cook was back in is McClellan doesn't want to run things and she asked him to do it.

GBSA has just as many credentials as UFC- Dimitrou, Mydlinski, Craig, Esworthy are all licensed knowledgable coaches. Riley will get his license its just a matter of him clearing time to do it. He's had hours of training working with the Everton program in Pittsburgh already and his experience has shown through. Don't act like your teams have everything and no one else does.

Guest Just Curious 2

Everyone should face reality - no one is going to be happy. There will always be "naysayers". There are obvioulsy alot of people that are "in the know." Cook ,Marco, Bahij, Riley, Darpino . . . just think about what you could accomplish by channeling that energy is a positive way to make things better for the local youth. Don't worry about Europe trips (afterall it is a business), let people make their own decisions based upon their experiences instead of venting how you dislike their activities. Good luck and I hope you can bring a positive effort to the youth of this community instead of trying to damage the effort that others are trying to bring. There is enough negativity . . .

Guest ngonaU men,

Everyone should face reality - no one is going to be happy. There will always be "naysayers". There are obvioulsy alot of people that are "in the know." Cook ,Marco, Bahij, Riley, Darpino . . . just think about what you could accomplish by channeling that energy is a positive way to make things better for the local youth. Don't worry about Europe trips (afterall it is a business), let people make their own decisions based upon their experiences instead of venting how you dislike their activities. Good luck and I hope you can bring a positive effort to the youth of this community instead of trying to damage the effort that others are trying to bring. There is enough negativity . . .

What an idiotic statement. UFC didn't care about the other clubs in the area when they bought up all the field time at the Dome. The plan was to have everyone play for UFC and would make lots of money for the owners of the club. UFC's plan was to wreck BC United, a long standing soccer club and the Fusion program. Huge egos were involved. To think that UFC was created for one community one passion is such a load of crap.

One Pa$$ion

What an idiotic statement. UFC didn't care about the other clubs in the area when they bought up all the field time at the Dome. The plan was to have everyone play for UFC and would make lots of money for the owners of the club. UFC's plan was to wreck BC United, a long standing soccer club and the Fusion program. Huge egos were involved. To think that UFC was created for one community one passion is such a load of crap.

Archived