Best UFC Soccer players

Guest college scout

Just curious, were there any UFC teams in the tournament at the dome this weekend that won their division? No, there were not. Did any UFC teams even make it to the finals? Only 1 and they got creamed. Sorry UFC you have no talent. Again, all the real soccer players left for real clubs, only those that are shallow and are only in it for the free crap are still involved in the loser UFC club.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Goooaaallll!

Oh let's see, how many local clubs were there supporting BC United? BC United, a club that took Vestal players for Vestal was too difficult to work with. Teams/players headed there and look what happened, well before United FC even started. BC United only had one CLlub team last year and none this year. They must have a program that really worked. But the Fusion folks wised up for all the overhead to maintain the facility was getting expensive on a per player level (since Fusion players were all that were left).

JC's program - life suport or gone

SRUSA's program - gone

Hiawatha's program - life support or gone (once a very large program)

Newark Valley's program - gone

All of these were suffering for one main reason - support. United FC comes along with ALL of the Fusion leadership to fill a void - whether you agree with it or not. United FC is filling a community need. There are plenty of other Clubs, well kinda - Vestal, GBSA, M-E. Heck M-E is bigger than Vestal - they must also be stealing players from the Wirths and Stockwins of the world. Get over it folks, a program is only as solid as its support (hint to VYSA) . . . in this day, if you limit yourself there is one thing that will come tru - you will dry up and float away (see above list).

As for United FC buying up the dome time - you too had the opportunity to negotiate an agreement . . this seems to be a win-win for Bahij (guaranteed revenue stream) and United FC (field availability). Of course, I am sure that United FC would sub-let any of its unused, extra field time. Oh that's right - all field time is allocated for 500+ players need field time. I guess the United FC leadership knew what they were doing.

Bottom line, you all can complain and gripe - if that makes your day, then have it. All of your posts are rather comical. I prefer to look at it that an organization has made a long-term commitment to a vision. It may pan out or it may fail - but it will only fail if those who support feel that it is not worth the effort. Is it the best model? My personal opinion is that it is certainly better than what most is offered in a 50-mile radius. If you want better, you will have to travel to Syracuse (Empire United).

I guess in closing, come on over, the excitement is awesome and everyone is enjoying themselves. Bring a solution, don't be the issue (take note Stockwins and Wirth). In fact, Stockwins you are the issue, you may want to look for something else to do!

Guest EUSA #1

Hey Binghamton - you really need to get a grip - no matter what Clubs survive, you all will be gobbled up by the only real soccer Club - Empire United Soccer Academy. We are in your backyard in Cortland. We have Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and Central NY - next stop Southern Tier. We will show you how it is done!

Oh let's see, how many local clubs were there supporting BC United? BC United, a club that took Vestal players for Vestal was too difficult to work with. Teams/players headed there and look what happened, well before United FC even started. BC United only had one CLlub team last year and none this year. They must have a program that really worked. But the Fusion folks wised up for all the overhead to maintain the facility was getting expensive on a per player level (since Fusion players were all that were left).

JC's program - life suport or gone

SRUSA's program - gone

Hiawatha's program - life support or gone (once a very large program)

Newark Valley's program - gone

All of these were suffering for one main reason - support. United FC comes along with ALL of the Fusion leadership to fill a void - whether you agree with it or not. United FC is filling a community need. There are plenty of other Clubs, well kinda - Vestal, GBSA, M-E. Heck M-E is bigger than Vestal - they must also be stealing players from the Wirths and Stockwins of the world. Get over it folks, a program is only as solid as its support (hint to VYSA) . . . in this day, if you limit yourself there is one thing that will come tru - you will dry up and float away (see above list).

As for United FC buying up the dome time - you too had the opportunity to negotiate an agreement . . this seems to be a win-win for Bahij (guaranteed revenue stream) and United FC (field availability). Of course, I am sure that United FC would sub-let any of its unused, extra field time. Oh that's right - all field time is allocated for 500+ players need field time. I guess the United FC leadership knew what they were doing.

Bottom line, you all can complain and gripe - if that makes your day, then have it. All of your posts are rather comical. I prefer to look at it that an organization has made a long-term commitment to a vision. It may pan out or it may fail - but it will only fail if those who support feel that it is not worth the effort. Is it the best model? My personal opinion is that it is certainly better than what most is offered in a 50-mile radius. If you want better, you will have to travel to Syracuse (Empire United).

I guess in closing, come on over, the excitement is awesome and everyone is enjoying themselves. Bring a solution, don't be the issue (take note Stockwins and Wirth). In fact, Stockwins you are the issue, you may want to look for something else to do!

thanks Shane.

Just curious, were there any UFC teams in the tournament at the dome this weekend that won their division? No, there were not. Did any UFC teams even make it to the finals? Only 1 and they got creamed. Sorry UFC you have no talent. Again, all the real soccer players left for real clubs, only those that are shallow and are only in it for the free crap are still involved in the loser UFC club.

UFC dosent send their premier players to the tourneys in the domes! Take the top twenty five players out of a GBSA age group and see how good they are

Hey Binghamton - you really need to get a grip - no matter what Clubs survive, you all will be gobbled up by the only real soccer Club - Empire United Soccer Academy. We are in your backyard in Cortland. We have Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and Central NY - next stop Southern Tier. We will show you how it is done!

You can't be any worse than what we have now.

UFC dosent send their premier players to the tourneys in the domes! Take the top twenty five players out of a GBSA age group and see how good they are

You again.

It's DOESN'T, and I'd take the top GBSA players over the UFC players any day.

Guest Paul Marco

Simple question, I don't actually know but I'm gathering info. What age groups does GBSA offer? I've never heard anything for older age groups, or maybe I'm just missing them.

Simple question, I don't actually know but I'm gathering info. What age groups does GBSA offer? I've never heard anything for older age groups, or maybe I'm just missing them.

they have all age groups.

UFC will be the big kid on the block for a while, and like every other big soccer organization, it will fold due to lack of interest or questionable business practices. Are they really having a raffle to pay for field maintenance when they don't own the fields? Why not get a sponsor to pay for it?

Why United FC and Why Now?

In the spring of 2011, a group of local soccer enthusiasts, coaches and business people met to discuss the need for a single, unified organization to serve the Greater Binghamton area that matched the US national model for top clubs.

Until that time, what existed locally was an abundance of small soccer clubs and organizations, each with its’ own individual mandate and narrow geographic focus. Spread throughout our area were recreational clubs, travel clubs and even a premier level club, but not one organization that could effectively address all those needs, and more, under one roof. It was at that meeting that the concept behind United FC was born.

From the start, United FC was designed to offer a different, more complete type of futbol experience to our member families. From affordable fees and first class training, to providing a developmentally appropriate place for players of every skill and experience level to play. We even selected our name – United – to embody our commitment to what we call “The Power of ONE”. One club. One passion. And, most importantly, one community.

DOES ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE THIS?

Why United FC and Why Now?

In the spring of 2011, a group of local soccer enthusiasts, coaches and business people met to discuss the need for a single, unified organization to serve the Greater Binghamton area that matched the US national model for top clubs.

Until that time, what existed locally was an abundance of small soccer clubs and organizations, each with its’ own individual mandate and narrow geographic focus. Spread throughout our area were recreational clubs, travel clubs and even a premier level club, but not one organization that could effectively address all those needs, and more, under one roof. It was at that meeting that the concept behind United FC was born.

From the start, United FC was designed to offer a different, more complete type of futbol experience to our member families. From affordable fees and first class training, to providing a developmentally appropriate place for players of every skill and experience level to play. We even selected our name – United – to embody our commitment to what we call “The Power of ONE”. One club. One passion. And, most importantly, one community.

DOES ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE THIS?

One club. One passion. One big pocketbook.

The best thing UFC have done to date is axe Paul Marco. He is the worst thing to ever happen to this area's soccer community. He has done nothing but thrown around his ego and bankrupted BC United with his astronomical pay demands. Top dollar for a guy that comes and goes as he wishes, never committs to a team and hardly ever travels with any teams. To top it off he didn't even have the courage to tell us at BC United that he was leaving for UFC. He was an absolute coward at the meeting between UFC and BC United, and I for one will never forget it.

Things will get better when BU hires a new coach that takes a much more positive role in our area's youth soccer. All of the other guys mentioned are just here to bridge that gap.

The best thing UFC have done to date is axe Paul Marco. He is the worst thing to ever happen to this area's soccer community. He has done nothing but thrown around his ego and bankrupted BC United with his astronomical pay demands. Top dollar for a guy that comes and goes as he wishes, never committs to a team and hardly ever travels with any teams. To top it off he didn't even have the courage to tell us at BC United that he was leaving for UFC. He was an absolute coward at the meeting between UFC and BC United, and I for one will never forget it.

Things will get better when BU hires a new coach that takes a much more positive role in our area's youth soccer. All of the other guys mentioned are just here to bridge that gap.

Marco did not bankrupt BC United. Nice try. If you knew anything about the situation, you'd know that Marco was not personally given huge sums of money/payment. He has a full time job at BU and there are rules to follow about that. He built the area's only premier team and the teams went on to win State Cups and have a good reputation. The premier side has been destroyed by Cook who made it his life's ambition to do so. So, now we have Cook in charge of coaching, what has he won or done besides lose as a junior college coach.

UFC started because Darpino was mad at the president of VYSA, Purtell was mad at Marco, and Cook just stroked the fires and now has full time paying job for UFC.

The premier program is more expensive than years before and the coaching is beyond awful--thanks to Cook and Sarah.

If you want to talk about BC United's financial issues, you need to ask about

Guest Karl Heinz Rummenigge

2 WORDS - MONEY GRAB ...

No knock on UFC as they are providing a service to fill a demand. A demand that has been created largely by the "3 hour course - soccer coaching certification" machine that is currently the face of youth soccer in America. Here's how it works : Tell mommy and daddy how super important it is that their VERY TALENTED son or daughter receive the best "certified" training to differentiate their offspring from others - and you as parents can feel better about yourselves and look down on those that are not getting this superior insight into the sport.

Klinsman has credited this "pay for play" mentality for the current sad state of USA soccer on the international level. Need more clubs - not less - so that the sport will reach all economic classes and potentially redirect the talent that inevitably winds up on the gridiron or basketball court (to name 2 prominent sports). Clubs that are relatively cheap and run by volunteers. There are a ton of ex-players out there you know more than enough about the sport to coach and teach the youth of today. It's really sad to see the mindless parent sheep reaching into their pockets to pay these schisters.

That's the view from here and the Top Dog in American soccer shares that same feeling.

Marco did not bankrupt BC United. Nice try. If you knew anything about the situation, you'd know that Marco was not personally given huge sums of money/payment. He has a full time job at BU and there are rules to follow about that. He built the area's only premier team and the teams went on to win State Cups and have a good reputation. The premier side has been destroyed by Cook who made it his life's ambition to do so. So, now we have Cook in charge of coaching, what has he won or done besides lose as a junior college coach.

UFC started because Darpino was mad at the president of VYSA, Purtell was mad at Marco, and Cook just stroked the fires and now has full time paying job for UFC.

The premier program is more expensive than years before and the coaching is beyond awful--thanks to Cook and Sarah.

If you want to talk about BC United's financial issues, you need to ask about

Paul's premiere team that won the State Cup was the very first Fusion team that, I believe, started at U11 and was the only team at that time. The nucleus of that team stayed together and won many games along the way. How things have changed.

Paul's premiere team that won the State Cup was the very first Fusion team that, I believe, started at U11 and was the only team at that time. The nucleus of that team stayed together and won many games along the way. How things have changed.

AH YES - the Golden team.

Better known as "King shit of the Terd pond" ...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that team would have won with you coaching and you all would have saved thousands of dollars ...

so true, the premier side is now the biggest joke in NY. People are stupified that Cook is in charge.

Guest BCUnited alumni

There are only two people left in this area that could possibly post anything positive about Paul Marco on this site. Paul Marco and his dunce Pitts. Every other player in this area hates Paul Marco. Mclelan,Cook,D'arpino,Dorini,Dimitreu,Riley,Esworthy,Craig,Purtel,Couvert all despise Paul Marco.

There are only two people left in this area that could possibly post anything positive about Paul Marco on this site. Paul Marco and his dunce Pitts. Every other player in this area hates Paul Marco. Mclelan,Cook,D'arpino,Dorini,Dimitreu,Riley,Esworthy,Craig,Purtel,Couvert all despise Paul Marco.

Considering this list, I'd take it as an honor to be hated them. Sarah has been a back stabbing colleague, and I won't even list the reasons why Cook, Darpino and Purtell are on it--the founders of UFC, and Dorini was a bad choice on Marco's part, and Marco replaced Dimitreu who was fired from BU. Craig quit BU or was let go, depends on who you talk to, and I really don't much about Riley and Esworthy. And, Covert is just like very other parent who has played soccer but isn't a professional coach.

And, there are more people who like Marco, but are afraid to admit it because they don't want their kids to suffer.

Personally I know everyone on the list and I will tell you that I have trouble giving credence to anyone who throws names around especially when they can't spell them.

First take off D'arpino, he knows nothing about soccer except what Cook has fed him. He isn't knowledgable and founded UFC to try and destroy VYSA after he had an issue with them. His entire soccer history spans about 5 years, way less than the time Marco has been at Binghamton. Marco was a former D1 player and coached D1 for 15-20 years.

Cook hates Marco because Marco and Leightmann fired him from Fusion after Cook had an entire team plus another dozen families to leave the club due to his antics. After Leightmann left Marco held to his stance and kept Cook out. From that day forward Cook had been trying to get even with Marco and he finally found money with D'arpino to do it. Cook needed a full time job after getting laid off by NYSEG and UFC is it.

Sarah McLellan just never got along with Paul. He wanted her to take the girls side of Fusion, and she had no interest in doing it. She brought Cook back in to do the work instead because he insisted he would save it, and that killed Fusion Girls forever. Sarah has had far less success than Paul at BU and has had no success at all with travel soccer so I don't know why her opinion matters. Remember she is the one who let the best player our area has produced, Strom- go to a rival and never even really tried to keep her.

Riley was burned because he was snubbed for Dorini and Narode at BU, plus once he founded GBSA with Bahij he was going to do what he needed to be succeed. Dimitrou, Esworthy, Riley, Craig and any other GBSA person were all going to tell you why their group was better. I can understand that and they want a to coach a different style than Marco. Dorini actually falls into this group too, his style clashes with Marco to a point. He just envisions things working better a different way.

Covert has more enemies than Marco could ever dream of. Purtell will never forgive Marco because Marco was honest about his son. Hans is good but not great and Marco told him as much. The kid was not the top of his age, there are quite a few players locally who were better and Purtell can't believe that, he's a deluded man taht only wanted to hear what helped his cause.

My opinion is simple on Marco, I don't really like Marco's style of play. Its direct and awful to watch at times, but he has had success with it. Its like Boeheim or Dean Smith I may have disliked the UNC four corner offense or Syracuse 2-3 zone defense to watch but they win with it and it is well coached by those men. You don't have to play one way to win and Marco has won more than he lost. 2 NCAA trips and 6 conference finals in a row says that it was worth it for BU. Would I send my kid to play for him, maybe it depends on if that style would be what benefits my kid. At least he kept most of the local talent here (the others followed John Scott to Hartwick--he was always the coach I thought that made Marco more successful).

Personally I know everyone on the list and I will tell you that I have trouble giving credence to anyone who throws names around especially when they can't spell them.

First take off D'arpino, he knows nothing about soccer except what Cook has fed him. He isn't knowledgable and founded UFC to try and destroy VYSA after he had an issue with them. His entire soccer history spans about 5 years, way less than the time Marco has been at Binghamton. Marco was a former D1 player and coached D1 for 15-20 years.

Cook hates Marco because Marco and Leightmann fired him from Fusion after Cook had an entire team plus another dozen families to leave the club due to his antics. After Leightmann left Marco held to his stance and kept Cook out. From that day forward Cook had been trying to get even with Marco and he finally found money with D'arpino to do it. Cook needed a full time job after getting laid off by NYSEG and UFC is it.

Sarah McLellan just never got along with Paul. He wanted her to take the girls side of Fusion, and she had no interest in doing it. She brought Cook back in to do the work instead because he insisted he would save it, and that killed Fusion Girls forever. Sarah has had far less success than Paul at BU and has had no success at all with travel soccer so I don't know why her opinion matters. Remember she is the one who let the best player our area has produced, Strom- go to a rival and never even really tried to keep her.

Riley was burned because he was snubbed for Dorini and Narode at BU, plus once he founded GBSA with Bahij he was going to do what he needed to be succeed. Dimitrou, Esworthy, Riley, Craig and any other GBSA person were all going to tell you why their group was better. I can understand that and they want a to coach a different style than Marco. Dorini actually falls into this group too, his style clashes with Marco to a point. He just envisions things working better a different way.

Covert has more enemies than Marco could ever dream of. Purtell will never forgive Marco because Marco was honest about his son. Hans is good but not great and Marco told him as much. The kid was not the top of his age, there are quite a few players locally who were better and Purtell can't believe that, he's a deluded man taht only wanted to hear what helped his cause.

My opinion is simple on Marco, I don't really like Marco's style of play. Its direct and awful to watch at times, but he has had success with it. Its like Boeheim or Dean Smith I may have disliked the UNC four corner offense or Syracuse 2-3 zone defense to watch but they win with it and it is well coached by those men. You don't have to play one way to win and Marco has won more than he lost. 2 NCAA trips and 6 conference finals in a row says that it was worth it for BU. Would I send my kid to play for him, maybe it depends on if that style would be what benefits my kid. At least he kept most of the local talent here (the others followed John Scott to Hartwick--he was always the coach I thought that made Marco more successful).

You are spot on on every point. The parents that have the most issues with Marco are the ones who have been told that their kids aren't D-1 players. It's is tough to hear, but Marco has always been brutally honest about talent, and he is no different than any other D-1 coach. Marco is the most successful coach in this area, and the others just can't handle that fact.

Wow Paul you're fingers must be hurting now.

Take the demotion like a man and quit whining on bcvoice

The last 3 replies have been dead on, So,how about you learning how to spell.

Archived