UE School Budget

Tazz

http://unionendicott.bnj9tj1.remote.schoolcenter.com/education/page/download.php?fileinfo=RmViXzFfMjAxMl9CdWRnZXRfUHJlc2VudGF0aW9uLnBkZjo6Oi93d3cvc2Nob29scy9zYy91bmlvbmVuZGljb3R0L2ltYWdlcy9kb2NtZ3IvNTgxZmlsZTEzNjgucGRm

Transportation-State Limit

2 Mile/3 Mile Walker/Rider

Boundary Impact

Current Rider Limits State Mandated Rider Limits

Kindergarten All Kindergarten > 2 miles

Grades 1-5 ≥ .5 miles Grades 1-5 > 2 miles

Grades 6-8 ≥ 1.1 miles Grades 6-8 > 2 miles

Grades 9-12 ≥ 1.6 miles Grades 9-12 > 3 miles

So the proposal is that all children inside the two and three miles state mandated limit will now have to walk to school??

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://unionendicott...mlsZTEzNjgucGRm

Boundary Impact

So the proposal is that all children inside the two and three miles state mandated limit will now have to walk to school??

That is what "MAY" happen. 1800 new "walkers".

$20.2 MILLION for retired teacher "PAY" and insurance BENEFITS and $24 MILLION for current teacher salaries and BENEFITS= this is where the MOST money is and they are cutting bus drivers!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It's the UNIONs that ruined our auto industry and ruining the States with high taxes with their bloated retirement pay and benefits for teachers, firemen, police etc. I am tired of hearing that "we don't get paid enough". You get 2 months off in the summer, week off during xmas, 3 days Thanksgiving, etc. If you don't like the "pay" then do not become a teacher find a profession that pays you what you feel you are worth, but you may have to work later than 3:30pm, work weekends, most of the summer, Presidents day etc. You can not ask the senior citizens in our home towns to pay more taxes so you don't have to pay 5% more in your health benefits.

Oh, great....so I send my 4th grader to walk to school next year (prob a little under a mile) and child protective services comes calling for improper supervision....

I agree that Kindergarten thru 3rd grade, 2 miles is to far, however the walk won't hurt the other children.

Who knows the kids will finally get off their rears and get some exercise, it might even make our kids healthy.

I'm all in favor of making some of these chubby, prediabetic little snowflakes get off their asses a little bit, but two miles does sound like a little much to ask of a 6-year-old. A half mile seems about right.

By 10 or 12, though, two miles should be fine.

Oh, great....so I send my 4th grader to walk to school next year (prob a little under a mile) and child protective services comes calling for improper supervision....

This is just another view of “it’s for the children”. In other words if you don’t vote for a over ride of the 2% tax limit we are going to make your 5 year old walk 2 miles to school in the winter and rain.

How many of you voted for Cuomo? Now you are getting your just reward.

You mean Mario right? He is the one that allowed all the things that started NYS’s downfall 30 years ago.

http://unionendicott.bnj9tj1.remote.schoolcenter.com/education/page/download.php?fileinfo=RmViXzFfMjAxMl9CdWRnZXRfUHJlc2VudGF0aW9uLnBkZjo6Oi93d3cvc2Nob29scy9zYy91bmlvbmVuZGljb3R0L2ltYWdlcy9kb2NtZ3IvNTgxZmlsZTEzNjgucGRm

Boundary Impact

So, if you have a kindergardener and the bus stops to pick up said kindergardener, will the bus allow your older child(ren) to ride as well or will they still have to walk?

$20.2 MILLION for retired teacher "PAY" and insurance BENEFITS and $24 MILLION for current teacher salaries and BENEFITS= this is where the MOST money is and they are cutting bus drivers!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It's the UNIONs that ruined our auto industry and ruining the States with high taxes with their bloated retirement pay and benefits for teachers, firemen, police etc. I am tired of hearing that "we don't get paid enough". You get 2 months off in the summer, week off during xmas, 3 days Thanksgiving, etc. If you don't like the "pay" then do not become a teacher find a profession that pays you what you feel you are worth, but you may have to work later than 3:30pm, work weekends, most of the summer, Presidents day etc. You can not ask the senior citizens in our home towns to pay more taxes so you don't have to pay 5% more in your health benefits.

Totally agree. We need to vote down all budgets until real cuts are made.

Totally agree. We need to vote down all budgets until real cuts are made.

Unfortunately, they'll just automatically adopt "the contingency budget."

Definition of "contingency budget": The union still gets all their perks, and the kids get screwed.

You mean Mario right? He is the one that allowed all the things that started NYS’s downfall 30 years ago.

yeah, pataki was a lot better. get a grip.

Unfortunately, they'll just automatically adopt "the contingency budget."

Definition of "contingency budget": The union still gets all their perks, and the kids get screwed.

Don’t think so anymore. Did you see the way that the wages and benefits package is going up?

You vote it down twice and they get NO raise in the budget.It stays the same as the previous years.

yeah, pataki was a lot better. get a grip.

None of them are any better,they all up until last election were buying their votes through favors to the state unions.

Well I believe there should be no raises this year in fact if the teachers and administratos are there for the kids let them take a 10 percent cut for the next year which would take care of the budget problem. And do not say they can not do it because they have the say in the union contract

Archived