Explosion At Lourdes Hospital Matco Workers Injured One Serious

Independent

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20120502/NEWS01/120502034/Electrical-workers-injured-Lourdes?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Electrical workers injured at Lourdes

4:23 PM, May. 2, 2012 | Comments

An electrical contractor was injured on the job today at Lourdes Hospital.

He suffered burns and was LifeFlighted to a Syracuse hospital for treatment.

A second electrical contractor was also injured and is currently being treated at Lourdes Hospital.

An investigation is currently underway to determine what caused the accident.

It appears that electrical work was being done in the CAT scan lab. The electrician was drilling in the ceiling area and hit a cable. Helicopter landed in the front parking lot to airlift the seriously injured electrician to the Rochester burn unit.

Serious facial area burns to the airlifted worker, more minor hand burns to the second employee who was treated at Lourdes.

@

It appears that electrical work was being done in the CAT scan lab. The electrician was drilling in the ceiling area and hit a cable. Helicopter landed in the front parking lot to airlift the seriously injured electrician to the Rochester burn unit.

Serious facial area burns to the airlifted worker, more minor hand burns to the second employee who was treated at Lourdes.

@

Thank You for your report of the facts.................Please everyone...............if you know a bit of news or even a bigger story that should be reported PLEASE Post it!

Thank You again Centurion for your posted news!..........Garo.

@

I have seen my share of electrical arc explosions, before I retired it was a wonder I did not see someone killed, I have seen screw drivers and channel locks vaporized, I have seen electrical panel filled with water explode off the walls etc, the surrounding air becomes ionized as it rapidly expands and copper will expand to 60,000 times its own volume and the metal can travel at speeds up wards of 700 miles per hour, the sound is like a cannon going off.

Mat has now had 3 surgeries. Still on a ventilator, but is doing most of the breathing on his own. It will be a very long road, but he is doing well. Continued prayers please.

Archived