2012 Boys Stac Soccer

Guest Soccer fan

Can you give me the link to the Elmira Website? also, how does that show he padded stats? i was at the game and he only played about 55 mins. he didn't score any garbage time goals

Sorry Mr. V but scoring goals 4,5,6 were padding the stats. Love how the team recorded 7 assists for 6 goals, not one unassisted goal all game? No one took a pass and beat two defenders, which would make a goal unassisted? This game was totally about stat padding.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was also at the game. the score was 0-0 with 6 mins to go in the first half. the kid scored 3 goals in 6 minutes. bingo scored to open the 2nd half which means he scored his next three goals when the game was 3-1. these are ignorant posts following an impressive game from a good player.

Sorry Mr. V but scoring goals 4,5,6 were padding the stats. Love how the team recorded 7 assists for 6 goals, not one unassisted goal all game? No one took a pass and beat two defenders, which would make a goal unassisted? This game was totally about stat padding.

just another person trying to knock a quailty player due to jealousy, envy, whatever.

just another person trying to knock a quailty player due to jealousy, envy, whatever.

No jealousy or envy just honesty. If you score 6 goals and your team wins 6-4 fine it was needed. You were beating a poor team by 4+ goals when he scored his final goal, thats stat padding anyway you try to turn it.

Corning 3 vs. UE 1. Talking with Metro area coaches, they had Corning pegged as the West opponent to compete with Vestal for the STAC Big School dominance. Looks like the Horseheads match was just an aberration, getting used to the new coach. Maybe they're the wild card to push Elmira in the West. They play Ithaca tomorrow, so we'll soon see.

Corning 3 vs. UE 1.

Predictions todays games??

Horseheads at Vestal, 7 p.m. Vestal WIns by 2

Maine-Endwell at Elmira, 4:30 p.m. ME upsets Elmira as they will double team Aelx

Norwich at Johnson City, 4:30 p.m. JC wins by 8 two players score at least 3

Sus. Valley at Chenango Valley, 4:30 p.m SV by 3.

Chenango Forks at Owego, 4:30 p.m. Owego by 3

Ithaca at Corning, 7 p.m. Corning by 1

Seton CC at Windsor, 4:30 p.m. Ends in a 1-1- tie

Binghamton at Union-Endicott, 7 p.m. UE by 4

Predictions todays games??

Horseheads at Vestal, 7 p.m. Vestal WIns by 2

Maine-Endwell at Elmira, 4:30 p.m. ME upsets Elmira as they will double team Aelx

Norwich at Johnson City, 4:30 p.m. JC wins by 8 two players score at least 3

Sus. Valley at Chenango Valley, 4:30 p.m SV by 3.

Chenango Forks at Owego, 4:30 p.m. Owego by 3

Ithaca at Corning, 7 p.m. Corning by 1

Seton CC at Windsor, 4:30 p.m. Ends in a 1-1- tie

Binghamton at Union-Endicott, 7 p.m. UE by 4

I'll bet Seton beats Windsor 1-0 on a goal by Petroski late in the game. That is unless Windsor invents time travel and finds a way to change the result that happened 4 days ago.

Don't trust the schedules in the paper they are way off this year.

I'll bet that Vestal wins by 5 or more...Agree with Corning score. Believe Elmira will continue its run with a 2-1 win over ME. JC over Norwich-not even close. SV by 3 or 4. Owego by 3. UE by 5 over Binghamton.

I'll bet that Vestal wins by 5 or more...Agree with Corning score. Believe Elmira will continue its run with a 2-1 win over ME. JC over Norwich-not even close. SV by 3 or 4. Owego by 3. UE by 5 over Binghamton.

Scores? Only games i've heard is

Elmira - 4

M-E - 3 (OT)

Corning/Vestal Match was cancelled

Alex scored with 41 seconds left to put the game into overtime and then finished the game 6 minutes in. ME outplayed us much of the match but the defender guarding Alex the whole game couldn't shut him down. Good game overall.

Alex scored with 41 seconds left to put the game into overtime and then finished the game 6 minutes in. ME outplayed us much of the match but the defender guarding Alex the whole game couldn't shut him down. Good game overall.

Even Elmira's own players state that ME outplayed them most of the match. Read the quote above. The real question is... is there any defender in STAC tha can stop Alex...Appears at this time there is not, which means there may be a premiere player in the section right there in Elmira. Nice to see a player perform at a very high level. Congrats.

Depends. Can Corning play a team game, single mark Alex, and still open the field offensively? They were able to do this wice last year, but they have been attacking much more narrowly this fall.

Corning has not faced a GK like Berglund yet this fall. In the Binghamton game, they were able to score on poor shots, and missed some give-mes low. They missed a few in close versus Horseheads and UE too. Can't afford to miss those shots tonight.

They have also been on the lucky side defending at times. Their defense has "bent but not broken". This won't work against Alex. He is not the greatest player on Earth, like some would like you to think, but the kid has a nose for the goal.

Depends. Can Corning play a team game, single mark Alex, and still open the field offensively? They were able to do this wice last year, but they have been attacking much more narrowly this fall.

Corning has not faced a GK like Berglund yet this fall. In the Binghamton game, they were able to score on poor shots, and missed some give-mes low. They missed a few in close versus Horseheads and UE too. Can't afford to miss those shots tonight.

They have also been on the lucky side defending at times. Their defense has "bent but not broken". This won't work against Alex. He is not the greatest player on Earth, like some would like you to think, but the kid has a nose for the goal.

Sounds like a scouting report from a non-soccer player. Are you sure you understand the game?

definitely a pessimist at best about this game without much background about last season and the current one. i would say this poster lacks some basic soccer knowledge and needs to update himself about the current trends of the game.

definitely a pessimist at best about this game without much background about last season and the current one. i would say this poster lacks some basic soccer knowledge and needs to update himself about the current trends of the game.

It's high school soccer. There is no knowledge needed to judge it. The team with the best athletes will generally win, unless they play a team with real spark and talent. The closet thing to a trend in the high school game is to pass the ball to the best player all the time.

Riley- ME

both hamilton and riley have to head the list. they have done the most with talent less superior to some of the other teams around the area. brennan at oneonta does a nice job as well and you probably have to throw hristos at JC into the mix as well.

There are about 7-8 solid coaches in STAC, which for having 19 teams isn't a great number but its HS sports so what can you do. Pretty much each division has 2 solid guys- Riley & Hallenbeck in the Metro, Hamilton & Mastronardi in the West, Dimitiros & Huddock in the Central, Brennan & McMullen in the East. I think the new guy Wood in Owego was solid at Vestal, Murphy at Vestal just tries not to screw up all his talent. Some coaches like Bing, CV, Windsor, Norwich you will never know because the talent there is so far below others its tough to measure.

So, the pessimistic point of view rang true. Someone that knows nothing of the game, right? Corning single marked Alex for most of the night, and were able to succeed in bending but not breaking with Alex as well-sort of anyway. He did score a nice goal to knot the match at 1-1.

Corning's offense finally looked closer to the past few years, as far as spreading Elmira out. They moved the ball very well. Difference is now they can finish.

See, the theory of man marking Alex with an extra guy is very small-picture minded. By doing so, once he releases the ball to a wide open man, which defender steps off of him to prevent that man from going to goal? That confusion creates more offensive opportunities for a great individual offensive player. By single marking him, and playing a compact zone, it creates less space for Alex and creates a quicker pressure defender to play "help" to his adjacent. Corning ran the same exact defense last year, and won both matches 3-1. Same outcome tonight.

Also, it is pretty easy to mark Alex in that zone when he is the only player up top, and the game plan is push the ball into Alex's feet at all cost. If I were a betting man, I would bet there were no more than five times in the entire match that Elmira linked more than two passes. Fatigue-or continued lack of a fundamental starting 10 to compliment the most dangerous offensive player in the conference?

keep stroking your own egos coaches. agree with brennan from oneonta. agree with riley in the metro, though small sample size, but would still add murph. it takes more than "not trying to screw up" to maintain the success and discipline murph has with his players and program. agree with hamilton from the west. agrees with dimitiros in the central.

huddock was handed a team in sv that should be successful. mastronardi was just handed a team in corning that should be successful. neither has experienced success that they built on their own.

lets keep this about how the hs teams are doing, and not about stroking the ego of local coaches. anyone coaching to get this hype is coaching for the wrong reason.

Archived