Unions are over in USA!!!

Guest cartman

Read it and weep unionized labor.

You've pretty much killed this country.

That means you too teachers unions!!

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/12/news/compa...dex.htm?cnn=yes

The ridiculous pay scales have forced US companies to relocate. Thank you very much!

I agree 100%. Unions were good in the beginning to protect the worker from unscrupulous owners but now who is going to protect the owners from unions? They got way too greedy and forced owners to raise product prices or lay off or move! I loved it when the air traffic controllers went on strike and president Regan fired them all.

"General Motors is going to have some explaining to do. A lot of explaining. As the auto maker gears up for what could be a landmark round of bargaining with the United Auto Workers union—a set of talks that could turn the union’s deal of super-cheap health insurance, paid layoff clauses and other goodies on its head—GM almost doubled Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner’s compensation package from $5.5 million last year to $10.2 million this year."

http://www.businessweek.com/autos/autobeat...olitics_of.html

Right. It is the little man's pay that is driving companies out of the US. Compare to what CEOs in other countries make, go ahead. I'm all for outsourcing....of executives.

"General Motors is going to have some explaining to do. A lot of explaining. As the auto maker gears up for what could be a landmark round of bargaining with the United Auto Workers union—a set of talks that could turn the union’s deal of super-cheap health insurance, paid layoff clauses and other goodies on its head—GM almost doubled Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner’s compensation package from $5.5 million last year to $10.2 million this year."

Right. It is the little man's pay that is driving companies out of the US. Compare to what CEOs in other countries make, go ahead. I'm all for outsourcing....of executives.

Producing cars that totally SUCK doesn't help either. Same with Ford and Chevy.

And is that the result of the union....or the over paid CEO?

It is time people look at the real cause of the problem.

And is that the result of the union....or the over paid CEO?

It is time people look at the real cause of the problem.

They have unions suck!!!!!!!!!1

Fire their arse and hire someone to replace at a good working wage not a union rape wage.

Guest economist

anyone who thinks unions have ruined this country economically has no understanding of how an economy works and is basically just flapping their yap. comment on something you know something about, as hard as that might be.

How about instead of blaming the unions, we put a tariff on all things coming into the United States? Don't they do it on our goods that we export?

TWS

Surely you jest....do something to protect our ecomony? Only other countries can do that... Hell, we don't even ask them to conform to our health standards....yeah lead...yum.

Guest A Reasonable Atheist
How about instead of blaming the unions, we put a tariff on all things coming into the United States? Don't they do it on our goods that we export?

TWS

It depends on the country. Some, like China have tariffs on some goods. NAFTA, CAFTA, etc essentially prohibit tariffs; Hence "free" trade.

The EU follows the same sort of trade model, all nations within the EU must have no trade tariffs on goods between countries. The catch is that they all have generally the same standards for labor and the environment. (That isn't to say pay is the same in France and Poland but protections are generally similar.)

Guest Facts Are Better

Guest #2:

Chevrolet is part of General Motors as are Buick, Cadillac, Daewoo, GMC, Holden, Hummer, Opel, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, and Vauxhall. Other brands that were part of GM include Geo (1988 - 1998), LaSalle (1927 - 1940), Oakland (1907 - 1931), and Oldsmobile (1897 - 2004). For a time they had a part in Isuzu and still have a part in Suzuki.

anyone who thinks unions have ruined this country economically has no understanding of how an economy works and is basically just flapping their yap. comment on something you know something about, as hard as that might be.

Unions used to serve a valuable purpose.

They are now part of the ruination of the American economy.

Where I work I belong to a union. This is the first union job I have ever had. Not everyone makes big money working for a union. We work hard and sometimes have to do the job of 2 people when we are short. If we didn't have the union, when the new companies come in on an average of every 3 or 4 years we would probably all lose our jobs or they would take away all our benefits like sick days, vacation, insurance, etc. Most of us make a whole $8.05 an hour. Try feeding your family, paying bills, etc. on that amount and on top of it work your butt off everyday physically. Not everyone that's union makes the big bucks. Just a thought.

Where I work I belong to a union. This is the first union job I have ever had. Not everyone makes big money working for a union. We work hard and sometimes have to do the job of 2 people when we are short. If we didn't have the union, when the new companies come in on an average of every 3 or 4 years we would probably all lose our jobs or they would take away all our benefits like sick days, vacation, insurance, etc. Most of us make a whole $8.05 an hour. Try feeding your family, paying bills, etc. on that amount and on top of it work your butt off everyday physically. Not everyone that's union makes the big bucks. Just a thought.

How does that make you any different than anyone else?

Where I work we just laid off 2/3 of our workforce. I'm now doing the work that 5 other people used to do. I'm not union.

I'm sorry, I simply refuse to believe that there's a single Union in the USA that would allow it's members to work for a mere $8 per hour.

That has to be a lie.

How does that make you any different than anyone else?

Where I work we just laid off 2/3 of our workforce. I'm now doing the work that 5 other people used to do. I'm not union.

I'm sorry, I simply refuse to believe that there's a single Union in the USA that would allow it's members to work for a mere $8 per hour.

That has to be a lie.

Sorry, It is not a lie. Want to see my paystubs?

Guest #2:

Chevrolet is part of General Motors as are Buick, Cadillac, Daewoo, GMC, Holden, Hummer, Opel, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, and Vauxhall. Other brands that were part of GM include Geo (1988 - 1998), LaSalle (1927 - 1940), Oakland (1907 - 1931), and Oldsmobile (1897 - 2004). For a time they had a part in Isuzu and still have a part in Suzuki.

You forgot one Volvo is own by GMC.

Guest economist

thanks for proving my point. i'm also interested in your opinion on neurosurgery. i'm sure you have as much knowledge of that as you do about economics.

thanks for proving my point. i'm also interested in your opinion on neurosurgery. i'm sure you have as much knowledge of that as you do about economics.

You sound just like BDS Guy, only not as smart.

I see you backed up your point with a lot of facts, figures and piecharts, too.

You do know that part of what BCV is for is to post OPINIONS, right?

Or do you not get that, too?

Guest economist
You sound just like BDS Guy, only not as smart.

I see you backed up your point with a lot of facts, figures and piecharts, too.

You do know that part of what BCV is for is to post OPINIONS, right?

Or do you not get that, too?

piecharts? i'd have to explain those to you too. if you don't know a basic fact like this, why would i waste my time with you?

Archived