Field Hockey

Guest dearoledad

She wouldnt have helped vs Greene...knew that they will waltz thru to another State Championship.

Don't ME and Greene both play out of their class so they don't have to play each other for the section championship?

• 2 weeks later...

Without their superstar Molly Wolf, M-E will flounder. She's the only reason they won games

Yale not doing too well, she's not doing much for them. Pretty sure that they aren't top 25 as previously stated.

Yale not doing too well, she's not doing much for them. Pretty sure that they aren't top 25 as previously stated.

I’m not sure why Wolf’s name keeps coming up; the thread seems to be about hs field hockey. She plays for Yale now, at the end of last year they were a top 25 team. Have you seen her play this year? I took my daughter up to watch a Yale game, she started and played well on defense. I have known this kid for years, she has assisted and coached my daughter and helped many other young girls, and she is a great ambassador for field hockey. Those who know Molly know she is an excellent role model athletically and scholastically and a good kid. Stop dropping her name once in a while just to stir stuff up, she is not around here anymore so it would be a good time to let it go.

Mike Duell

Windsor

• 2 weeks later...

There is Greene and then a group of 4-5 decent teams (ME, Vestal, WP and Marathon...maybe Sidney...) then a bunch of dreadful ones. No debate.

pretty much dead on. I take it you dont give marathon a chance vs Greene? What about Vestal vs ME? They have played two close games already but I give big edge in coaching to ME.

• 10 months later...
Guest Guest- Daddy

since 2013 season is about half over and they only seem to put half the scores in the paper, it seems time to bump this topic to 1st page and get some feedback...Vestal has come out of the first set of games pretty well, knocking off WP, Greene and ME in close games. Leagues really don't seem to me anything though so be interested to hear who is playing in what class come sectionals

• 1 year later...

Regionals this Saturday at M-E HS...3 pm has ME vs Saratoga followed by Vestal vs Burnt Hills and 7pm has Whitney Point vs Cazanovia.

Both Vestal and WP have excellent chances to advance to next weeks Final Four (also at ME on Sat/Sun).

I'd be a bit surprised if ME gets past a strong Saratoga squad who beat Shenandahowa (last years State Champs) and who took Vestal to OT last month

Guest Golf Dog

In the entire state, there is around 100-120 teams that even play field hockey, when you divide that by 5 classes, you only have to beat out 20 teams in your class to be "State" Champs. YOu only have to beat 1-2 teams to be sectional champs...what a joke.

In the entire state, there is around 100-120 teams that even play field hockey, when you divide that by 5 classes, you only have to beat out 20 teams in your class to be "State" Champs. YOu only have to beat 1-2 teams to be sectional champs...what a joke.

There are 277 high schools in New York with a girls field hockey team.

Archived