Your help needed finding lost dog

Guest Guest

lost from binghamton ny, on clinton and jarvis streets.

a red male min pin, 15 lbs,. answering to the name of max, or maximillian. docked and cropped, neutered, microchipped, last seen wearing a blue collar with an IMPS tag, which has a registration # and a 1800 # to call. he was lost on thursday evening under strange circumstances, and he desperately needs to be found ASAP,as this weather here is exceptionally cold and could prove fatal for a little guy helpless on the street. please forward this to any0ne you know in the rescue community, or anyone in the binghamton- broome county area. there was a potential sighting of him on saturday last in the village of endwell, 10 miles east of where he was lost from, so a wide breadth to the search couldn't hurt.

if seen or suspected of having been seen please call cristina @ 607.759.3063, or the IMPS hotline @

1-877-Minpin1 (or 1-877-646-7461)

thank you, and please send out prayers and positive thoughts for our poor lost max, that he be found, safe and sound!!!

lost from binghamton ny, on clinton and jarvis streets.

a red male min pin, 15 lbs,. answering to the name of max, or maximillian. docked and cropped, neutered, microchipped, last seen wearing a blue collar with an IMPS tag, which has a registration # and a 1800 # to call. he was lost on thursday evening under strange circumstances, and he desperately needs to be found ASAP,as this weather here is exceptionally cold and could prove fatal for a little guy helpless on the street. please forward this to any0ne you know in the rescue community, or anyone in the binghamton- broome county area. there was a potential sighting of him on saturday last in the village of endwell, 10 miles east of where he was lost from, so a wide breadth to the search couldn't hurt.

if seen or suspected of having been seen please call cristina @ 607.759.3063, or the IMPS hotline @

1-877-Minpin1 (or 1-877-646-7461)

thank you, and please send out prayers and positive thoughts for our poor lost max, that he be found, safe and sound!!!

Not sure what a min pin looks like, can you post a pic?

What exactly is a "min pin"?

Wouldn't you be assisting your own efforts if you told us in plain English what kind of dog you lost?

And you folks claim to be intelligent....

A Min Pin is a Miniature (Doberman) Pinscher.

And you folks claim to be intelligent....

A Min Pin is a Miniature (Doberman) Pinscher.

On behalf of all humanity, I apologize for not knowing the abbreviated names of every object on the planet.

You're a sanctimonious toad.

And arrogant, too.

I pity your spouse.

Also, as for the microchip, they don't work like a GPS.

Basically, a dog gets microchipped at the vet and the owner registers their contact information with the chipping company.

Then, if the dog gets lost and brought into a vet elsewhere, if they perform a chip scan, they can access the original owner's contact information and return the dog to his/her rightful home.

So, unfortunately, even though he's chipped, we can't "track him."

On behalf of all humanity, I apologize for not knowing the abbreviated names of every object on the planet.

You're a sanctimonious toad.

And arrogant, too.

I pity your spouse.

Oh, please. What else could it stand for? Mini Pineapple? It's a dog, how many breeds start with "pin"?

Oh, please. What else could it stand for? Mini Pineapple? It's a dog, how many breeds start with "pin"?

I guess if I had a list of every single dog breed on the planet memorized in my mind, I might have known.

I am a dog lover and owner, and I'm 50. Every once in a great while, I'll hear about yet another breed that I never knew about before.

I didn't take the "Dog Breeds of the World" elective class in senior high school.

Free tip for the day:

Don't assume that the trivia that clutters your mind is the exact same set of facts that exists in everyone else's.

Guest Guest_Working Mom_*

I have to say, although I had heard of Min Pins, I never realized that they were miniature pinschers. Seems obvious now! lol. As the owner of a dog that no one has ever heard of, don't berate people who are asking. You'll never know the answer if you don't ask the question. There are no stupid questions, only stupid people who don't know enough to ask when they don't know an answer.

Well Westminster was last night folks...

Anyways, I'm in that vicinity alot and will be on the lookout. I'm a dog owner and lover and would be devastated if my own were lost so I'll spread the word as well.

I have to say, although I had heard of Min Pins, I never realized that they were miniature pinschers. Seems obvious now! lol. As the owner of a dog that no one has ever heard of, don't berate people who are asking. You'll never know the answer if you don't ask the question. There are no stupid questions, only stupid people who don't know enough to ask when they don't know an answer.

I'm the one who asked. I got told I was stupid (or something) for not knowing.

Archived