2012-2013 Section 4 Hoops

JoeTheDrunk

Guest Charlie

KJ is looking at very small D1. Slow speed, can't shoot, average size hurts him. Peaked early in his high school career.

It looks like KJ made two mistakes. He should have listened to Shane Hurd and went out for football. He could have been a D1 tight end. Second mistake was transferring to Binghamton. His basketball career digressed under their coaching especially the volunteer assistant who misguided him.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Big Dog

It looks like KJ made two mistakes. He should have listened to Shane Hurd and went out for football. He could have been a D1 tight end. Second mistake was transferring to Binghamton. His basketball career digressed under their coaching especially the volunteer assistant who misguided him.

KJ didn't digress. He is just not as good as they thought. Who is the asst coach you are speaking of?

KJ didn't digress. He is just not as good as they thought. Who is the asst coach you are speaking of?

Exactly right. He is a decent local player, not someone who will accomplish much after high school. Just like the other local kids Stevens falls in love with.

Guest honest-guest

first off KJ is a great player. going out for football would definitely have helped him in the long run, gave him more options and made him a better candidate for D1 schools, but he will get into one. he has a lot of talent. He will go far after high school if he can keep his priorities right and has the drive to go after it. As for his coach, Springer is an idiot and does not play the right people. KJ and Jaime Curtis are both amazing players for binghamton and have their own strengths. Rather than sitting here and talking about all the things wrong with these kids that play, why not just talk about their strengths?! they read all of these comments for crying out loud.

Guest Guest M

I agree with the earlier post. Why are we talking about kids. As a community we should want all are kids to succeed and be pulling for them. Many of you have no idea what these kids do to prepare themselves for their future and all the hard work that goes into both the sport and school. So instead of trying to knock them down we should be cheering them on.

I agree with the earlier post. Why are we talking about kids. As a community we should want all are kids to succeed and be pulling for them. Many of you have no idea what these kids do to prepare themselves for their future and all the hard work that goes into both the sport and school. So instead of trying to knock them down we should be cheering them on.

100 percent agreed. My son plays 3 sports at CV and will not be a division 1 player at any of them. I know how hard my son works between practises, games, weight training 3 nights a week. Many times the sports overlap. Right now , varsity lacrosse has started indoor practises for the spring. I give these elite player much credit.

Because a lot of the posts are from either 1) current teenagers or 2) parents of other players who have the emotional maturity of a teenager.

Guest dribble and dish

the best team in stac for what they accomplish...hands down maine endwell...bing is more talented, more athletic,and has more experience at the leadership position...yet the Spartans play them closeand beat them two out of three..the pats are about 30 and 3 last two seasons..two losses to the Spartans.the Spartans have a nice blend of old and newer players to go with a excellent coaching staff. congrats me..

Guest Howland

KJ is a douche bag. The only people who don't see that are the people that hang off his nuts. (Basically BX people).

KJ can't shoot like a D1 player. KJ lacks speed of D1 point guard. KJ never improved from his sophmore year.

The name King Rice and KJ Rose should never be in the same sentence. KJ isn't even as good as Baxter, Constantine, Mathews, or Webb. He's not a top 5 point guard in BHS history.

Many people wrote off the JC Wildcats this year because they were "small" and look at them now, 10 wins 2 losses (one of the losses doesn't really count as they lost to CNS in a non league game)

ME I think is the favorite for STAC champs.. Very good team, getting better that Sinicki is getting healthy. I like Wisniewski and Heimes as well, Gallagher not having the greatest of season. Personally I think Sinicki and Wisniewski are better.. They could make a run in the state tournament

Archived