School closings

Guest Madhatter

Guest Madhatter

OK I am still trying to figure this out. What is the rhyme and reason behind the assinine way some schools close and some don't. School districts like JC Bing, and Vestal are all closed. But more rural Owego-Apalachin remain open. Then theres BCC I tell ya this place just enjoys torturing students and faculty. Ok BU is still open I get that almost all students are right there on campus. But BCC everyone has to drive there, then once you do get thereit is a mess. The parking lot is not always plowed at 10 am. The sidewalks what a joke usually still snow covered or ice covered. The parking lot is plowed in the most ridiculous way possible. Lines are covered usually 1/3 of the spots are full of snow and unparkable. then while students are in school and say the snow melts the parking police run outsiude and start handing out tickets. This school is run in the most backward way possible. Paperwork needs 5 signatures before anything can be done, other CC schools are so much more streamlined not BCC it takes fgorever just to do anything. And what good does it do to have the ability to drop and add classes. You need like 5 people to sign one paper to get it done and got to like 6 different places. My friend goes to MCC and was able to drop a class from her home comp. well not BCC. I guess that school ias just like everything else around here BACKWARDS !!!!!!

Archived