Maine Endwell School Board

Guest Disgusted Taxpayer

Abolishing public unions, eliminating pensions, cutting salaries. These are the solutions, not a desperate grab for more revenue and more overspending.

Shaddaaaap, Pinhead.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fool, the Koch brothers would do a lot better job of running ME than the clowns there now.

He is just repeating what he is told to think by the Koch brothers. Have some pity on the simpleton.

fool, the Koch brothers would do a lot better job of running ME than the clowns there now.

Yeah - they would be lining their pockets while screwing the workers. And you are all for that.

would the football team still be really, really good and get parades?

funny how ME sacrificed so much for sports... wouldn't be the first institution of learning around here to sell its soul for sports.

Yeah - they would be lining their pockets while screwing the workers. And you are all for that.

The only people getting screwed are the hard working taxpayers. Extravagant pensions (about 4x more than an equivalent private sector job) and benefits have nothing to do with educating the kids.

I agree. BUT I want to see the Board take responsibility for gross mismanagement of funds / planning. Some people need to take a walk.

I agree. Time for some resignations and an audit.

Kenneth Del Bianco had 2 foreclosures filed against him in April 2012.

2 foreclosures filed against him in 2009.

5 foreclosures filed against him in 2008.

7 foreclosures filed against him in 2006.

Sounds like he is an expert at spending money he doesn't have

Guest Jerome Schweitzer

Home owners need to consider property/ home value. M-E is a highly regarded district and people seek to own homes there. If the school programs hit bottom, home values could easily be affected?? I say let the community decide. Try to over ride the cap with the first vote in an effort to save programs. If the community says no, then strip the budget down to where it needs to be in order to keep the taxpayers who vote happy.

M.E. schools are highly regarded for on reason. let's all be honest here. M.E. 's programs are not as good as the other schools. M.E. does not even have a marching band. The real reason M.E attracts people is that they have less minorities there then many of the other schools. The wonderful M.E. programs are not the reason. Cut back on the programs and M.E. won't lose any students.

Guest Time for an AUDIT

I have been to numerous board meetings and can tell you that the current school board does nothing but sit there and approve everything VanFossen throws at them. Every once in a while the idiot Alan Ewing will ask a question, but answer it himself with a fact that was just brought up to make himself seem like he knows whats going on. Its actually quite comical. Go to a meeting and see for yourself. The woman on the board is a nimwit, DelBianco is as dumb as he is ugly, and Powell is too scared to even move in his chair let alone ask a question.

Having served on a school board from a neighboring school district in the past, I'm in disbelief at how little press this story has recieved, and the lack of revolt by the taxpayers. This school board had multiple years aware of this problem and did absolutely nothing to correct it. Sitting around hoping the problem goes away is neglectful and disrespectful to the taxpayers in the district. They had plenty of time to chomp away at the deficit, even if it could have been done in small cuts over time. Now the taxpayers are left with an absolute mess. If any of the media had any junction to look deeper into this story, they would uncover a disgusting time line in which nothing has been done.This is the type of behavior that exists when no one is ever held accountable for their actions, or in this case their inactions. VanFossen must be held accountable for this mess. The best thing that could happen now is for the media and the public to call for state intervention. Whether it be an audit as called for in another post, or an investigation from an outside source. I feel sorry for the senior citizens that are on a limited budget who are definitely going to see an increase in taxes every year from here on out, and the children who are going to see massive cuts, that could have been done at a much smaller rate over time.

Guest Mort Schwartz

Kenneth Del Bianco had 2 foreclosures filed against him in April 2012.

2 foreclosures filed against him in 2009.

5 foreclosures filed against him in 2008.

7 foreclosures filed against him in 2006.

How do you piheads elect a guy to protect your money who can't even manage his own?

Guest ghost of X-mas future

I believe the next meeting will be Jan. 10th. I plan to attend - if not just to watch the free circus and juggling act.

Having served on a school board from a neighboring school district in the past, I'm in disbelief at how little press this story has recieved, and the lack of revolt by the taxpayers. This school board had multiple years aware of this problem and did absolutely nothing to correct it. Sitting around hoping the problem goes away is neglectful and disrespectful to the taxpayers in the district. They had plenty of time to chomp away at the deficit, even if it could have been done in small cuts over time. Now the taxpayers are left with an absolute mess. If any of the media had any junction to look deeper into this story, they would uncover a disgusting time line in which nothing has been done.This is the type of behavior that exists when no one is ever held accountable for their actions, or in this case their inactions. VanFossen must be held accountable for this mess. The best thing that could happen now is for the media and the public to call for state intervention. Whether it be an audit as called for in another post, or an investigation from an outside source. I feel sorry for the senior citizens that are on a limited budget who are definitely going to see an increase in taxes every year from here on out, and the children who are going to see massive cuts, that could have been done at a much smaller rate over time.

I believe they've already cut a lot of the aids, in recent years. Cutting the people making near min wage must have been their idea of fiscal responsibility. What a joke. I agree: Time for a state audit.

They won't be getting rid of teachers. They will be getting rid of the people who really to the work. The teachers will have to do more now.

please stick to reality. schools function in a warm cocoon away from the evils of capitalism. no guarantees on performance or product required. YET they will be the first to blame John Q Public when they need more money. well, John Q Public - out here in the real world - has been strapped pretty hard these last few years.

What would happen if a board and CEO did this in the business world?

The school board needs to explain why just under 100 ME students are children of ME teacher that do not live in the school district. These teachers do not live in the school district and do not pay ME school taxes. The school could raise almost a half million dollars by charging $5000 in tuition as is required of these students. 3 choices for these people, 1 charge tuition, 2 go to the school district you live in, 3 live in ME district. This is just one in a dozen ways the school board can save money.

In the real world the administration would declare bankruptcy, negate union contracts, take the pension fund and then give themselves a bonus.

They would then produce and inferior product and sell it through Wall Mart.

And the people would be happy.

Guest Fried Egg

For over 3 years the district has done little reductions here and there as people have retired. Most schools laid off people 3 years ago but not at ME. Nobody was complaining at ME that there needed to be seriosu reductions, everyone was happy that cuts were minimal and more importantly, the big contracts to the unions were being paid. Now those years of non cuts are adding up and no money is left in the piggy bank to save people. I really don't see what people are shocked by, cuts needed to be made years ago, and the unions need to pay more for benefits period. As long as taxes don't drastically increase, then they need to do whatever it takes.

That union doesn't care if the people are looking at a 12% tax hike. They'll try to scare the parents into thinking their kids won't be taught or be safe, so they'll override the tax cap.

Archived