Maine Endwell School Board

Guest Disgusted Taxpayer

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow 12 sick days that are "cumulative without limit". There's no limit!

Thus far we have 3 church days + 3 personnel days+ 12 sick days=18 days. This is adding up to something.

How did they ever spend an extra 4 Million dollars?

B. SICK LEAVE

Sick leave is paid leave for illness or emergency medical attention of an employee

or an employee’s immediate family, which would prevent the employee from

carrying out normal duties.

Unit members who are not on probationary status shall receive twelve (12) sick

days at the start of the school year, cumulative without limit. Unit members who

are on probationary status will earn one and two-tenths (1.2) sick days per month

or a major part of a month worked.

Maine-Endwell Teachers’ Association Contract 2008-2013 Page 26

$42k for washing jock straps? Damn good for these parts. Moreover, when you factor in fully paid benefits and a sweetheart pension? That $42k is worth much more.

$42,000 is big money to you? Really?

Wouldn't it be nice to lay em all off and then rehire. The state and the unions won't allow that though.

I don't believe there would be any problem finding motivated teachers to hire new. But keep dreamin. The unions rule the taxpayers.

Guest James Baker

How much did the aquatics addition cost?

How much did the stadium cost?

How much do athletics cost every year?

How much does the dunce AD make?

The answer to these is mind boggling, yet our music departments run on close to nothing.

Aw come on, they gave back a HUGE amount a few years ago. Everyone should thank them. I say 5% raises going forward, to bankruptcy and beyond!

The taxpayers will be on the hook for this. They along with the local media have started the dance already. How many teachers and administrators would have to be laid off to recoup 4 million dollars? If you fired the top ten six figure "earners" in the district what do you save maybe 1.3 Million? Next they will hold the students, the sports and music programs hostage. Then will will vote on the budget over and over until it passes and when it passes guess what? They will start the process all over again. The hand of the teachers union outstretched, Palm up demanding more.

The taxpayers will be on the hook for this. They along with the local media have started the dance already. How many teachers and administrators would have to be laid off to recoup 4 million dollars? If you fired the top ten six figure "earners" in the district what do you save maybe 1.3 Million? Next they will hold the students, the sports and music programs hostage. Then will will vote on the budget over and over until it passes and when it passes guess what? They will start the process all over again. The hand of the teachers union outstretched, Palm up demanding more.

Again, someone who is ignorant of the laws. You can only vote 2 times on the budget.

Again, someone who is ignorant of the laws. You can only vote 2 times on the budget.

2 times is "over and over". There was no stated quantity. Lets pretend that all the voter suppression and manipulation tactics by the teachers union fail over and over. What happens then?

Let me guess............ Lets see we have a state champion football team...lets propose eliminating the football program and see how much more money we can extort from the fine people of Endwell.

Here they are. The gang of eight. Feel free to contact and ask them to explain why they are about garnish more of you wages.

4 million dollars is a lot of money for us working people.

2012-13boe.jpg

Front row: Nicki Conroy;

Alan Ewing, President; Dennis Cochardo, Vice President;

Jordan Loretz, student board member.

Back row: Todd McCarthy; William Powell, Michael Richeda; Kenneth Del Bianco.

To contact the Board of Education, email BOE@me.stier.org

Aw come on, they gave back a HUGE amount a few years ago. Everyone should thank them. I say 5% raises going forward, to bankruptcy and beyond!

I don’t remember them ever giving anything back. What exactly do you believe that they gave back?

Guest Fried Egg

I don’t remember them ever giving anything back. What exactly do you believe that they gave back?

they gave back like 1% of their 4.6% raise and we should all thanks them for that.

Guest Jacob Weinmeister

$42k for washing jock straps? Damn good for these parts. Moreover, when you factor in fully paid benefits and a sweetheart pension? That $42k is worth much more.

Plus don't forget all the time off these guys get when school is out. They could fill that job for $20,000 and have good people lined up to get it.

they gave back like 1% of their 4.6% raise and we should all thanks them for that.

That is what you call giving back??? That is not getting as much as you demanded.Giving back would be if this year they gave back 3.6% of their paychecks and didn’t get a raise at all. That would be giving back.

Jan 10th is the next meeting.

Here they are. The gang of eight. Feel free to contact and ask them to explain why they are about garnish more of you wages.

4 million dollars is a lot of money for us working people.

2012-13boe.jpg

Front row: Nicki Conroy;

Alan Ewing, President; Dennis Cochardo, Vice President;

Jordan Loretz, student board member.

Back row: Todd McCarthy; William Powell, Michael Richeda; Kenneth Del Bianco.

To contact the Board of Education, email BOE@me.stier.org

"Ignorant of the laws"? As for ad hominem attacks, that gets an F-minus in my book, teach'. Why try to split hairs here, when the district has run itself into the ground? John Q Taxpayer has done nothing wrong. He pays his taxes on time. The district needs to look at itself, before you admonish those who pay the bills.

So that brings the greedy teachers down to about a 22% pay increase.

They don't give a damn about us tax payers and yes teachers pay taxes but where dose that money come from?

What would happen if a board and CEO did this in the business world?

They would all get a raise from Obama bailing them out, if they throw him some cash in lobbying money that is.

America will not be worthy of our values until all pension and medical benefits are abolished for everyone. We should all be responsible for our own lives. Not one penny should ever be given to anyone by the government. No exceptions.

How friggin' long have you been asleep?

Soon, all schools will be off the taxpayer hook for benefits.

Administrators have a unique option coming into play with Government Health Care for All.

I love how people get all up in arms locally when the school budget is mismanaged but happily line up

to re elect the most corrupt government in history.

Oh, the irony. Where the eff have you morons been??

Archived