Newtown, Ct., NRA Now Has a Real Problem

Guest Guest

No matter what your position is on gun control, Newtown is going to be a game changer. I am in favor of the right to own firearms but the scope of this tragedy will have an impact on the whole gun issue.

I know that the argument will be that is wasn't the pistol that killed all the kids but,,,,,,, the scale of this killing couldn't have been done with a knife, a sword, a club or any other weapon. The Glock and the Sig and all other large magazine semi- automatic pistols will now be considered weapons of mass destruction.

I know one of the responses will be that if the school staff had concealed carry permits and were, in fact, carrying a weapon, that this might not have occured, my response to that is, BS. Are we going to arm all teachers and administrators? Don't think so.

Look for very concerted efforts to change our current gun laws.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why we need to BAN ALL FIREARMS!!! PERIOD!!!!!!! This incident will set a president to achieve just that goal!! Only illegal weapons should be circulating on our street and they will eventually be eliminated as well! Now prey for those who have lost loved ones in this tragedy and work to get all guns out of society!!! I'm afraid that I must insist on this!!!!!

There's too much confusion right now to be able to obtain the facts needed to debate this particular situation. Initial reports were he was 20 years old. It's already illegal for a 20 year old to own handguns in CT, NJ and other states. But we don't really know if that's his true age or if the guns used were properly purchase and licensed. This just a terrible tragedy that we will all have a hard time trying to even begin to understand. The shooting of little kids is about as evil as you can get.

IMO the genie is already out of the bottle. There are over 300 million firearms in the United States. The days of being able to make them as scarce as they might be in other countries is long gone.

There's too much confusion right now to be able to obtain the facts needed to debate this particular situation. Initial reports were he was 20 years old. It's already illegal for a 20 year old to own handguns in CT, NJ and other states. But we don't really know if that's his true age or if the guns used were properly purchase and licensed. This just a terrible tragedy that we will all have a hard time trying to even begin to understand. The shooting of little kids is about as evil as you can get.

IMO the genie is already out of the bottle. There are over 300 million firearms in the United States. The days of being able to make them as scarce as they might be in other countries is long gone.

We have all the information we need right now to start the debate. More information isn't needed. Age doesn't matter, legal ownership/carry doesn't matter. What matters is that a Glock and a Sig semiauto lmultiple round pistols were the weapons used. Period.

I predict that this incident will be the watershed event that results in precident setting gun law chages.

This is why we need to BAN ALL FIREARMS!!! PERIOD!!!!!!! This incident will set a president to achieve just that goal!! Only illegal weapons should be circulating on our street and they will eventually be eliminated as well! Now prey for those who have lost loved ones in this tragedy and work to get all guns out of society!!! I'm afraid that I must insist on this!!!!!

Just wondering....would you be a volunteer to go collect these guns from their rightful owners or will you just run your mouth and let some other poor bastards go door to door in an attempt to confiscate these guns?

I guarantee you that there are people who were close to this shooter who knew he was sick and dangerous and they didn't notify anybody. All too often these people can be identified but people don't call the police or mental health professionals because they don't want to get involved, don't want to get the person in trouble, or assume someone else will do it.

This incident is horrible and another reminder that when seconds count, the police are just minutes away. Also, that a gun free zone doesn't makes you less safe, not more.

Just wondering....would you be a volunteer to go collect these guns from their rightful owners or will you just run your mouth and let some other poor bastards go door to door in an attempt to confiscate these guns?

another moron speaks........... how pathetic you are!!!

I guarantee you that there are people who were close to this shooter who knew he was sick and dangerous and they didn't notify anybody. All too often these people can be identified but people don't call the police or mental health professionals because they don't want to get involved, don't want to get the person in trouble, or assume someone else will do it.

Pretty much this, plus if they called, nothing would likely happen. Our system doesn't really do anything about this anymore. That's how all the crazies got dumped back out on the streets of Binghamton. Remember Jiverly Voong, with the imaginary police officer screaming inside his head for years, or the Dark Knight Rises killer, his step-father telling reporters they knew he was sick and had just hoped he'd kill himself before he did something like this?

We let these people go until it's too late.

another moron speaks........... how pathetic you are!!!

Pathetic? No, serious question....who is going to go out and confiscate all these weapons from their rightful owners?

Are you volunteering?

Pathetic? No, serious question....who is going to go out and confiscate all these weapons from their rightful owners?

Are you volunteering?

It is the responsibility of our president to create a national task force to perform just that action. I am a strong supporter of this and firmly believe that we all need to advocate this necessary task to fruition!

Pretty much this, plus if they called, nothing would likely happen. Our system doesn't really do anything about this anymore. That's how all the crazies got dumped back out on the streets of Binghamton. Remember Jiverly Voong, with the imaginary police officer screaming inside his head for years, or the Dark Knight Rises killer, his step-father telling reporters they knew he was sick and had just hoped he'd kill himself before he did something like this?

We let these people go until it's too late.

Excuse me? "Crazies"? "These people"? That is exactly the STIGMA which makes it even more difficult to convince someone that they need help.

It is the responsibility of our president to create a national task force to perform just that action. I am a strong supporter of this and firmly believe that we all need to advocate this necessary task to fruition!

LOL...yeah, OK. And who is going to confiscate the privately owned guns that the people on the task force own? If you think for one second that any law enforcement are going to go door to door demanding guns from lawful gun owners you are truly stupid.

maybe he didn't think he needed help. maybe somebody else though he did. that was the point, before you got offended by a "These people".

Excuse me? "Crazies"? "These people"? That is exactly the STIGMA which makes it even more difficult to convince someone that they need help.

LOL...yeah, OK. And who is going to confiscate the privately owned guns that the people on the task force own? If you think for one second that any law enforcement are going to go door to door demanding guns from lawful gun owners you are truly stupid.

Once it becomes law we must all obey!

Just throw out the constitution while you are at it, hitler.

It's the presidents responsibility to follow the constitution.

Archived