Newtown, Ct., NRA Now Has a Real Problem

Guest Guest

Where do you draw the line on gun control? Let's say the assault weapons ban passes as well has the high capacity clip ban. Another mass murder happens. He uses a post ban rifle and 3, 10 round clips to murder 20 people. Do you go after guns AGAIN?

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will confess that I'm a bit shell shocked after reading this. First of all, I can't believe that a gun owner could be so.....inarticulate. Well, there I go again, being overly gratuitous with my descriptions.

Disarm criminals? Hey, we agree on something! Problem is, just before Adam Lanza grabbed his Mom's gun and killed her, he wasn't a criminal. The microsecond before he pulled that trigger, he was a law abiding young man. As soon as he squeezed, he became a criminal. How do you--

1. ascertain who's going to become the criminal, and

2. disarm them the second before they commit a crime?

Yes, we all realize guns dont' make people go on rampages. No, no one actually posted that as an point of discussion. Very few people here will actually believe that you just posted that thought as a legitimate argument. It's so..well......juvenile in nature.

The problem (see if you can follow this line of thinking....read nice and slow) is that guns that fire off as many bullets as semi-automatics do, inflict more damage and kill more people in a very short amount of time.

Since hand grenades don't make people throw them, why can't I buy one? Get it?

Lastly, I think I can speak for more than just myself here and say that you scare me. The thought of someone with your elementary debate skills owning a Bushmaster is pretty spooky.

Have a lovely, not-shooting-up-a-classroom-full-of-kids day.

You make some good points. Looking at all the multiple murders that have gotten the nation so shocked I find it hard to believe that any of the people involved could get their hands on a gun.Of course none were criminals so the laws mostly wouldn’t stop them. All did have some type of emotional problems. I think in the last case that if the mother had of taken her sons problems a little more seriously the child wouldn’t of had access to the guns. I found her choice of guns a little odd to start with.I am sure that if the state had of denied her right to have them because of her son she would of fought them.If NYC with all its laws against guns can’t keep them out of the hands of criminals (same with other cities too) then how do you keep them out of the hands of the law abiding? One way would be making all the state laws the same on ownership especially the sale of. At least that way a simple trip to a lenient state for a purchase would be stopped. It would be easier to get the guns out of the hands of criminals if it we not for the laws protecting them as to searches. I still have no answer how the last school killings could have been stopped with the rules we have now.

And you "arguing" your position is nothing more than a few weak insults.

Nice.

You cry like a little girl. Are you 11? That seems to be the level of your talking points.

where do you draw the line on gun control?

As a gun owner I was hoping that it wouldn’t be where this type of crime will end it. The law abiding should not lose their right to own what even they want,however it seems that people that are mentally defective can be law abiding and even sometimes highly educated before they decide to break ranks and become the worst case of criminals.I see no way of stopping this short of keeping guns out of their hands. I still don’t see that stopping them from taking life when they do break it will just be with something other than a gun.

Archived