Newtown, Ct., NRA Now Has a Real Problem

Guest Guest

I grew up in Binghamton and have lived in Ct for the last 10 years.I work in Newtown and this tragedy is still unfolding.All you could hear were sirens with ambulances and police cars flying by.This sleepy little town was crushed today.Pray for the lives lost.Whoever that turned on that PA system saved lives by alerting other staff of a problem in the office.

I'm sure we soon will be hearing about the heroic acts and the people who helped save some of those children. Thoughts and prayers...

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

try to stay on topic, if you can keep your attention there long enough. I apologize if I hit to close to home for you.

Really guesty? Whack job, shrink. Ah well. It did take many years for the Archie Bunkers of the world, like you, to stop using the N word so there is hope.

+1. Thoughts and prayers to the families of the victims.

I'm sure we soon will be hearing about the heroic acts and the people who helped save some of those children. Thoughts and prayers...

Only idiots like you think that. It is another symptom of your irrational fear of inanimate objects. Better go hide under your bed, there is an army of knives there, just waiting to get you.

make all the fun you want guest. Its really the people who need to carry guns that are scared and hiding under there beds. Ive been on this rock for 57 years now and except for hunting I don't know one single person who carries or needs to a gun.

Also having a gun for protection most likely won't help you.this is not gunsmoke anymore we dont take twenty paces in the middle of the street turn and shoot.. Criminals with guns are well trained with a motive and are focused.They are street smart and not target shooters. If they choose to point a gun at you,by the time you tried to get yours out of your fancy ankle holster or whatever or however you carry it,you would have been shot 6 times right then or stabbed or beatin to death in the meantime. By the time you say god I hope i don't have to use this someday,your already dead.

The real issue is let parents parent their kids .. time outs - haaaah .. i am not saying beat your children, but let parents do what needs to be done instead of letting government official interfer .. did we have that in the 60s 70s even 80s . DSS is called by 10 year olds cause they dont like the fact that mommy took their cell phone away and make up crap .. empower family .. give us our rights back to repremand our children and make them show respect instead of empowering them to grow up like this kid must have.. sickening .. absolutely sickening that this kid could do this .. to his mom, dad and all the families effected.

try to stay on topic, if you can keep your attention there long enough. I apologize if I hit to close to home for you.

The topic is the NRA and responsibility for mass killings. My opinion is the NRA is not responsible as every one of the shooters have a serious mental illness. Thus the real problem is mental health and what can be done to get someone help.

I've had to talk several people in my life into going to the crisis center. No easy task I can assure you. The main stumbling block was the STIGMA of being labeled crazy. So perhaps you and others can understand that it is an illness and stop perpetuating the STIGMA. Thank you.

The real issue is let parents parent their kids .. time outs - haaaah .. i am not saying beat your children, but let parents do what needs to be done instead of letting government official interfer .. did we have that in the 60s 70s even 80s . DSS is called by 10 year olds cause they dont like the fact that mommy took their cell phone away and make up crap .. empower family .. give us our rights back to repremand our children and make them show respect instead of empowering them to grow up like this kid must have.. sickening .. absolutely sickening that this kid could do this .. to his mom, dad and all the families effected.

It may be that any amount of parenting would not be able fix this disturbed individual's mind. I'm pretty sure we are going to find out this kid should have been put inside a mental institution a long time ago. There's a reason classrooms of little kids being attacked like this is a rare event. Even criminals see it as something you just don't ever do.

The thing is, aside from "banning all guns everywhere", what law could have prevented the gun from being available in the house for Adam to take? Do they currently do background checks of all home occupants when one person purchases/registers a gun? I'm not sure if that's even logistically feasible. It may not even be the case that Adam had a record of mental illness.

They already had a law saying he couldn't have one.

They already had a law saying he couldn't have one.

Right, that's why he took his mom's gun. But is there any law that would have prevented the mom from getting a gun if the son residing with her was known to have mental problems?

By the way, it looks like he killed his mom at her home and then drove to the school to kill the class where she was a teacher's aide. She wasn't even there, so he shouldn't have been allowed inside. Supposedly they already had a protocol with locked doors requiring visitors to be buzzed in.

make all the fun you want guest. Its really the people who need to carry guns that are scared and hiding under there beds. Ive been on this rock for 57 years now and except for hunting I don't know one single person who carries or needs to a gun.

Sure thing nancy. Some of us choose to be responsible for our own safety and that of our loved ones. It's your choice not too and rely on others. Just like those that rely on the government to provide for them. Hopefully you never regret your decision. I guess you don't have any fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, insurance or seat belts either.

Also having a gun for protection most likely won't help you.this is not gunsmoke anymore we dont take twenty paces in the middle of the street turn and shoot.. Criminals with guns are well trained with a motive and are focused.They are street smart and not target shooters. If they choose to point a gun at you,by the time you tried to get yours out of your fancy ankle holster or whatever or however you carry it,you would have been shot 6 times right then or stabbed or beatin to death in the meantime. By the time you say god I hope i don't have to use this someday,your already dead.

Still have a better chance than you and your phone that you are trying to call 911 with.

Doctors kill more people than people with guns, but no one blinks an eye about that.

Doctors aren't firearms. Don't go down that lame argument path. Especially on a day like today.

The entire problem is a mental healthcare system that fails the people that need it most. From the joker to this case, these individuals have been drugged up and allowed into mainstream society. God knows what their shrink was telling them combined with the drugs. I do have a real issue with mom. A Sig, a Glock and a Bushmaster. How many female school teachers do you know have weapons like these ??? Initial reports were of two handgun. Later the Bushmaster appeared. The shootings occurred in two rooms and it's had to miss a Bushmaster. Unless mom was a member of a gun club, there's not too many place to shoot down there. Also the choice of these weapons are pro. I mean the average person wouldn't choose these due to cost and these are "choice" picks. Was mom ex-military or police? Most female prefer the lighter frames and calibers. And, this is important, if your kid had mental problems, wouldn't you lock these weapons up? I was very amazed at the supposed tears Obama was shedding. It looked more like he was wiping a dust speck. I saw no tears, period. I did however see his opportunity to disarm America. That is something he has stressed at all cost. Do I feel bad about these kids, damn, yes. Do I trust Obama or my government, hell no. Do I think the mental health care system in this country is flawed, damn yes !!

The entire problem is a mental healthcare system that fails the people that need it most. From the joker to this case, these individuals have been drugged up and allowed into mainstream society. God knows what their shrink was telling them combined with the drugs. I do have a real issue with mom. A Sig, a Glock and a Bushmaster. How many female school teachers do you know have weapons like these ??? Initial reports were of two handgun. Later the Bushmaster appeared. The shootings occurred in two rooms and it's had to miss a Bushmaster. Unless mom was a member of a gun club, there's not too many place to shoot down there. Also the choice of these weapons are pro. I mean the average person wouldn't choose these due to cost and these are "choice" picks. Was mom ex-military or police? Most female prefer the lighter frames and calibers. And, this is important, if your kid had mental problems, wouldn't you lock these weapons up? I was very amazed at the supposed tears Obama was shedding. It looked more like he was wiping a dust speck. I saw no tears, period. I did however see his opportunity to disarm America. That is something he has stressed at all cost. Do I feel bad about these kids, damn, yes. Do I trust Obama or my government, hell no. Do I think the mental health care system in this country is flawed, damn yes !!

Good puppet. Imagine if we had strict gun control in this country.

Chinese children injured in knife attack outside primary school

I also believe myself that persons other than police and hunters who carry guns are going out actually looking for trouble,or just not avoiding troubled areas only because they have a gun and feel safe in those bad areas. Dont put yourself in a bad situation and you won't need one. And its one thing to target shoot and hunt animals but it takes alot of nerve and guts to shoot a human being if you had to.Even police go through alot of trauma when that happens and need counciling.So take those guns away.

Simple enough. You have all the answers. When those guns need to be taken away how about YOU go to each gun owners door and take them.

Until then, thank God for my right to own guns.

Simple enough. You have all the answers. When those guns need to be taken away how about YOU go to each gun owners door and take them.

Until then, thank God for my right to own guns.

No one would go door to door. Don't have too. The jackbooted thugs would just outlaw the guns. Get caught with any firearm and it's a felony with a minimum mandatory sentence. They wouldn't be that stupid to go door to door. They would get massacred.

Archived