Tell me why you need assault rifle

Guest stan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Herman Goering told his court-appointed psychiatrist during the Nuremberg Trails, "the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

And in today's case, our "leader" will surround himself with children and give the message that our children are under attack everywhere, and that if you don't agree with his Executive Orders, you don't really care about children.

Newsflash - we are not living in 1940's Germany.

Guest matt dillon

Because we have an armed citizenry.

OOOOOOOHHHH PLEEEASSEE,,,,,,,really that is what you think. omg you freaking gun nuts make this way to easy

Why do I need a so-called "assault rifle"? Because I'm likely to miss the first couple of shots from a pistol.

With your lack of accuracy you may want to start thinking about purchasing a baseball bat......much cheaper and no restrictions.

With your lack of accuracy you may want to start thinking about purchasing a baseball bat......much cheaper and no restrictions.

No restrictions?? Just a matter of time, my friend. Just a matter of time.

Stay in school, junior.

you guys are just so effin stupid with these 2nd amendment arguments. I am not for coming and taking your guns. but I am for reasonable people having reasonable conversation and debate and coming up with a reasonable compromise. Now you my friend- back to the walmart sporting good department for you.

you guys are just so effin stupid with these 2nd amendment arguments. I am not for coming and taking your guns. but I am for reasonable people having reasonable conversation and debate and coming up with a reasonable compromise. Now you my friend- back to the walmart sporting good department for you.

Let me know when you come up with something reasonable. Restricting legal gun owners isn't reasonable and doesn't address the problem. As for the 2nd Amendment: They aren't my arguements. They are the arguements of the founders who felt it necessary to have a means for the population to protect themselves from tyranny. I will go back to the sporting goods department to purchase more ammunition while you go back to class and try and learn some history.

317986_589173261096454_1861117408_n.jpg

Your cowardice, reliance on a central government, inability to monitor your childrens mental health, and inability to address a crime problem do not trump by Constitutional Rights.

317986_589173261096454_1861117408_n.jpg

I agree. You don’t think a poster on a internet message board is going to do that do you? If someone wants to take my guns away it won’t be with a form letter.

Well, Obama crowed about fundamentally transforming America and guess what? He's succeeding. An unintended consequence of Obama's reelection is that within the last two months, I've bought a handgun and joined the NRA. Both are firsts for me and I'm 58 years old. Besed on others I've talked to, I'm not alone.

You are exactly the personality that scares the bejesus out of normal people. Heaven help us, our only hope is that your attitude is the minority. Thankfully it is. Don't you feel foolish screaming - " hey if I am not supposed to have a gun, then that's what I want, A gun! Never wanted one before but oh boy, now I do." What are you, 12?

You are exactly the personality that scares the bejesus out of normal people. Heaven help us, our only hope is that your attitude is the minority. Thankfully it is. Don't you feel foolish screaming - " hey if I am not supposed to have a gun, then that's what I want, A gun! Never wanted one before but oh boy, now I do." What are you, 12?

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nope. Still not true. Keep trying.

The real reason the Second Amendment was ratified, and why it says "State" instead of "Country" (the Framers knew the difference - see the 10th Amendment), was to preserve the slave patrol militias in the southern states, which was necessary to get Virginia's vote. Founders Patrick Henry, George Mason, and James Madison were totally clear on that . . . and we all should be too.

In the beginning, there were the militias. In the South, they were also called the "slave patrols," and they were regulated by the states.

In Georgia, for example, a generation before the American Revolution, laws were passed in 1755 and 1757 that required all plantation owners or their male white employees to be members of the Georgia Militia, and for those armed militia members to make monthly inspections of the quarters of all slaves in the state. The law defined which counties had which armed militias and even required armed militia members to keep a keen eye out for slaves who may be planning uprisings.

Archived