Shane Hurd out at U-E?

Guest Guest

A post by a longtime U-E regular on the hs football forum asks "

Who will the frontrunners be to be the head coach at U.E. next year?".

Is this hogwash or is Hurd out?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A post by a longtime U-E regular on the hs football forum asks "

Who will the frontrunners be to be the head coach at U.E. next year?".

Is this hogwash or is Hurd out?

Reliable sources say Hurd is going to resign his post.

Guest UE Grad

Shane Hurd is on his way to Cornell University! Congrats coach Hurd on a well deserved promotion, Tiger town will miss you and thanks for all you did for UE football.

Shane Hurd is on his way to Cornell University! Congrats coach Hurd on a well deserved promotion, Tiger town will miss you and thanks for all you did for UE football.

HA Hurd is a terrible coach, can't make adjustments, doesn't practice well, etc. His role at Cornel will only be a negative one.

HA Hurd is a terrible coach, can't make adjustments, doesn't practice well, etc. His role at Cornel will only be a negative one.

How long has Hurd been the head guy at UE?

Guest slammin'

Everyone is replaceable....we need to be careful what we wish for. These are good coaches that will be missed and that deserve a thanks....something they usually never get...just complaints and forum bashing.

Everyone is replaceable....we need to be careful what we wish for. These are good coaches that will be missed and that deserve a thanks....something they usually never get...just complaints and forum bashing.

They need to get rid of the Varsity Baseballm Coach !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Ghettofan

Kind of surprised by Hurd. I would have thought he would have at leashed waited another 7 or 8 seasons and at least coach his son and colleagues. UE has a great group of athletes coming through the next 7-8 years. JV Modified And both Pee Wee leagues all saw either undefeated seasons or 1-2 losses at most. And the losses were either an ME program or AA corning teams

You don't just put anyone in that job at Union-Endicott. They may need to go outside the district and bring someone in. I believe in the past 60 years, there have been 3 head football coaches at UE. Fran Angeline, Bart Guccia, and Shane Hurd. THAT is how a program is run.

You don't just put anyone in that job at Union-Endicott. They may need to go outside the district and bring someone in. I believe in the past 60 years, there have been 3 head football coaches at UE. Fran Angeline, Bart Guccia, and Shane Hurd. THAT is how a program is run.

Not quite. More like 5 You left out Cobb and Dinunzio

Not quite. More like 5 You left out Cobb and Dinunzio

Maybe I was a little too broad, but I was close. I said 60 years meaning in the 1950's. I thought Fran took over around 1957, but I could be wrong. Cobb and Dinunzio were before Fran. So, maybe it should be 3 head coaches in the past 50-55 years. Its still pretty impressive. But even 5 in 60-65 years is unreal.

But even 5 in 60-65 years is unreal.

That is not as uncommon as you think.

Same time frame Vestal has what, 5 themselves? Forks has had 5. Delhi has had 3, Walton 4.

Any school with a winning tradition has had one or or maybe two coaches stay in the spot a very long time.

That is not as uncommon as you think.

Same time frame Vestal has what, 5 themselves? Forks has had 5. Delhi has had 3, Walton 4.

Any school with a winning tradition has had one or or maybe two coaches stay in the spot a very long time.

I remember Vestal having Hoover the same time as Angeline, then I think there was McGuire? and Tank. Not sure who else was in there. Forks with Green, not sure who else. Walton with Dick Hoover's son, not sure who else. No idea who Delhi had but know they have had some strong teams. Yeah you're right, winning tradition usually means stability, or stability usually means winning tradition. Something like that.

Forks with Green, not sure who else. Walton with Dick Hoover's son, not sure who else. No idea who Delhi had but know they have had some strong teams.

Fork since the early 1950s has had Riter, Taylor, Russ, Green, Hogan.

Delhi has had just Dave Kelly since 1966 or 1967. Not sure who they had the 10 to 15 years before that.

Walton I am not up on who before Hoover, but I know they had some really crappy teams before Hoover, so they may have gone through several coaches. Then, with a then losing tradition at Walton, perhaps they were content with the coach they had and have had just 4 over the last 50 to 55 years.

I remember Vestal having Hoover the same time as Angeline, then I think there was McGuire? and Tank. Not sure who else was in there.

Tony Policare coached football at Vestal for a few years in the 80s.

I'd like to see Joel Davis throw hiw hat into the ring to coach UE

Which Davis brother is this? Has he coached in the past? Does he have a son still in school? Who are some of the other possible candidates?

It is ironic that Hurd did his best coaching ever this past season. His team was a big overachiever this year. They were decimated by graduation and had little experience. The past few JV teams were not that good.

Now the search for a replacement. U.E. should conduct a nationwide search to bring in the top candidate for the post.

Local head coaches from smaller schools looking for a bigger spotlight. :Local assistant coaches with potential. Bring in a high profile person from out of town. Bring back some retired coaches from the area. These are the options.

Archived