Shane Hurd out at U-E?

Guest Guest

U.E. should conduct a nationwide search to bring in the top candidate for the post.

An out of stater is not going to be attracted to a school that is 2-7 in the state playoffs and plays in a 3-team league.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An out of stater is not going to be attracted to a school that is 2-7 in the state playoffs and plays in a 3-team league.

They need to away with this division crap and go back the way it was in 70's & 80's.

They need to away with this division crap and go back the way it was in 70's & 80's.

OK, I'll amend.

An out of stater is not going to be attracted to a school that plays in the smallest section in NY State and is 0-0 in the non-existent state playoffs.

Then again, an out of stater would be attracted to a school that has produced numerous D1, NFL, and Super Bowl caliber players. Go back to Endwell or Forks or wherever it is you've come from.

Then again, an out of stater would be attracted to a school that has produced numerous D1, NFL, and Super Bowl caliber players.

Not true. By nature he can already do that where ever he is now. He would have to be attracted by something NEW to him where he is now. That production may be special to U-E and surrounding communities that ARE proud of what these Tigers have accomplished, but it would be ho-hum been there done that to an out of stater. You U-E folk are just too arrogant to realize that.

Which Davis brother is this? Has he coached in the past? Does he have a son still in school? Who are some of the other possible candidates?

Joel coaches at Binghamton and doesn't have kids on the team. You won't see him leaving Bing for UE.

It is ironic that Hurd did his best coaching ever this past season. His team was a big overachiever this year. They were decimated by graduation and had little experience. The past few JV teams were not that good.

Now the search for a replacement. U.E. should conduct a nationwide search to bring in the top candidate for the post.

Local head coaches from smaller schools looking for a bigger spotlight. :Local assistant coaches with potential. Bring in a high profile person from out of town. Bring back some retired coaches from the area. These are the options.

You do understand that in order to be the coach, you have to be employed by the district in some other capacity. Given the possibility that the district may have to cut positions, it's more likely that it's going to be someone already in house.

You do understand that in order to be the coach, you have to be employed by the district in some other capacity. Given the possibility that the district may have to cut positions, it's more likely that it's going to be someone already in house.

You do not have to be employed in the district to be the coach.

Guest Big Dog

First thing: They have options within the program incl Joe Alger. Typically, the major sports for UE have a teacher within the program that is the head coach, though that is probably not in writing. They are some good people outside the program/school that should be good candidates such Dave Williams that should apply. We will see how things shape out shortly.

First thing: They have options within the program incl Joe Alger. Typically, the major sports for UE have a teacher within the program that is the head coach, though that is probably not in writing. They are some good people outside the program/school that should be good candidates such Dave Williams that should apply. We will see how things shape out shortly.

I thought Alger was the basketball coach? What football background does he bring? He has done a good job with the basketball program. Who else in the program might apply?

Dave Williams is not the guy for that program! Just because he was lucky enough to have great talent on the Vestal team that won the state championship does not make him a good coach.

Guest Dick Hoover

Dave Williams is not the guy for that program! Just because he was lucky enough to have great talent on the Vestal team that won the state championship does not make him a good coach.

Did someone just say "great talent" at Vestal. Horrible Vestal teams before Williams and after Williams tenure. Dave Williams is exactly who UE needs as a Head Football Coach.

Guest football insider

Did someone just say "great talent" at Vestal. Horrible Vestal teams before Williams and after Williams tenure. Dave Williams is exactly who UE needs as a Head Football Coach.

Actually, Dave Williams is exactly who Vestal needs as their Head Football Coach.

I heard police picked up 2 ue basketball players for burglury, and breaking and entering. What a coincidence - they played for Hurd too...says a lot about their coaches too.

I heard police picked up 2 ue basketball players for burglury, and breaking and entering. What a coincidence - they played for Hurd too...says a lot about their coaches too.

Who? Most of the basketball players don't play football?

Let me see: refuse to shake hands after big games is the lightest thing fit for print, it gets much deeper....when things become more about coaches, kids and things like grades and discipline always suffer

Guest HeresHoping

-------------

Good Lord! If Alger is elevated to head coach you can forget about progress for UE's Football program. Hurd is gone thankfully, now is the time to bring in someone who can actually coach and motivate. Next step is to get rid of the assistant coaches. This group was inept! Please don't tell me that this years team overachiever. They beat 2 stinky division teams to get into the playoffs and were fortunate to get to play a Nottingham team that was not very good, when they finally ran into a team with similar talent, they got out coached and out played. Having watched them for the majority of their games this year, I have to agree with another writer that the coaches did not have a clue on how to make adjustments, and had players in wrong positions. Thet never practiced the basics like tackling.

ALger, who was the OC, wouldn't know what a slant or hook was if it hit him in the face. He continually threw to a end who has stone hands and if something was not working he could change things up. He would run the same offense and rarely had new or special plays installed for a specific opponent.

Please do not let UE's record this year disguise what a very weak coaching staff UE has had for the last several year. There is a reason that Hurd could not get his teams out of the first round of state playoffs. In addition, One of Hurds assistant (who also coaches JV baseball) should not even be around youths to begin due to his total lack of self control, he is a verbal abuser and creep. What a horrid human being.

There is a great opportunity that presents itself, let's hope UE's AD does the right thing, but I am not holding my breath!

Let's get one of ME's assistants (didn't a couple of them come out of UE)

Guest HeresHoping

-------------

Good Lord! If Alger is elevated to head coach you can forget about progress for UE's Football program. Hurd is gone thankfully, now is the time to bring in someone who can actually coach and motivate. Next step is to get rid of the assistant coaches. This group was inept! Please don't tell me that this years team overachiever. They beat 2 stinky division teams to get into the playoffs and were fortunate to get to play a Nottingham team that was not very good, when they finally ran into a team with similar talent, they got out coached and out played. Having watched them for the majority of their games this year, I have to agree with another writer that the coaches did not have a clue on how to make adjustments, and had players in wrong positions. Thet never practiced the basics like tackling.

ALger, who was the OC, wouldn't know what a slant or hook was if it hit him in the face. He continually threw to a end who has stone hands and if something was not working he could change things up. He would run the same offense and rarely had new or special plays installed for a specific opponent.

Please do not let UE's record this year disguise what a very weak coaching staff UE has had for the last several year. There is a reason that Hurd could not get his teams out of the first round of state playoffs. In addition, One of Hurds assistant (who also coaches JV baseball) should not even be around youths to begin due to his total lack of self control, he is a verbal abuser and creep. What a horrid human being.

There is a great opportunity that presents itself, let's hope UE's AD does the right thing, but I am not holding my breath!

Let's get one of ME's assistants (didn't a couple of them come out of UE)

Archived