Shane Hurd out at U-E?

Guest Guest

Hurd leaving is the best thing that has ever happened to the U-E football program... Absolute worst coach I have ever seen.... just pathetic

I'll vote for JC's Dienhart when it comes to worst.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ME's JV coach would be a good applicant. Many consecutive winning seasons. Involved in prepping players of a 2 time defending state championship football team at the varsity level. Has observed what it takes to build a state championship program working with his boss, the varsity coach. Not too young and not to old. Would be around awhile. Perfect candidate in my opinion.

I'll vote for JC's Dienhart when it comes to worst.

Hire his father then Fred and little man Stento can go there with their lame personalities. Steve did win at Bingo...Do JC the favor, 100% of the JC residences will support your hiring of anyone that will get Fred to leave.

ME's JV coach would be a good applicant. Many consecutive winning seasons. Involved in prepping players of a 2 time defending state championship football team at the varsity level. Has observed what it takes to build a state championship program working with his boss, the varsity coach. Not too young and not to old. Would be around awhile. Perfect candidate in my opinion.

is the Jv coach a teacher? How about Crooks, is he too old?

is the Jv coach a teacher? How about Crooks, is he too old?

Not sure how long Gary would be around. He is in his mid 50's. If he would be there 7-10 years he would be a good hire also. Thought I heard he would look to retire in 5 years or so though. As for the jv coach, just assumed he was a teacher since he was coaching. If I'm not mistaken, he is also the varsity basketball coach at ME???

Not sure how long Gary would be around. He is in his mid 50's. If he would be there 7-10 years he would be a good hire also. Thought I heard he would look to retire in 5 years or so though. As for the jv coach, just assumed he was a teacher since he was coaching. If I'm not mistaken, he is also the varsity basketball coach at ME???

if he was the varsity basketball coach it would not work. Too many conflicts.

For god sake Terry Hogan if your going to rip people up on the Internet please be man enough to put your name behind it...... You are the biggest blow hard to ever come out of Endicott..... The words " for god sake, inept,horrid, etc....these are all words you use all the time. This post clearly is a Terry Hogan post and again this dirtbag doesn't have the balls to put his name behind it. Your a joke Hogan.

-------------

Good Lord! If Alger is elevated to head coach you can forget about progress for UE's Football program. Hurd is gone thankfully, now is the time to bring in someone who can actually coach and motivate. Next step is to get rid of the assistant coaches. This group was inept! Please don't tell me that this years team overachiever. They beat 2 stinky division teams to get into the playoffs and were fortunate to get to play a Nottingham team that was not very good, when they finally ran into a team with similar talent, they got out coached and out played. Having watched them for the majority of their games this year, I have to agree with another writer that the coaches did not have a clue on how to make adjustments, and had players in wrong positions. Thet never practiced the basics like tackling.

ALger, who was the OC, wouldn't know what a slant or hook was if it hit him in the face. He continually threw to a end who has stone hands and if something was not working he could change things up. He would run the same offense and rarely had new or special plays installed for a specific opponent.

Please do not let UE's record this year disguise what a very weak coaching staff UE has had for the last several year. There is a reason that Hurd could not get his teams out of the first round of state playoffs. In addition, One of Hurds assistant (who also coaches JV baseball) should not even be around youths to begin due to his total lack of self control, he is a verbal abuser and creep. What a horrid human being.

There is a great opportunity that presents itself, let's hope UE's AD does the right thing, but I am not holding my breath!

Let's get one of ME's assistants (didn't a couple of them come out of UE)

I'ver heard Gary Crook's name being tossed around. He played for UE in the 70's on one of UE's best teams (8-8 tie with Vestal) He was an asst at UE and is now the staff at ME as well as ME's baseball coach.

In 8 years Hurds teams won 6 section 4 championships.... Yeah he sucks.....lol,this site is for loser parets who's kids don't play.

While it IS an accomplishment, still it is being the champs of the smallest in-section class in the entire state outside of Section 7/10 or Section 1's Class D. Had they had 10 to 13 teams in their class like Section 3 did when U-E was in AA they would have ONE Sectional championships in Hurd's 8 seasons. (having beaten this year's Section 3 Class A team)

Neither Crooks, or Ocker would go to UE to coach.. Both have head coaching jobs in other sports, both teach, and both are too good to go over there and coach... Personally I don't think any of the ME coaches could go there due to the lack of respect shown to them at the game this year.. UE football < ME football and that's the fact of the matter

Neither Crooks, or Ocker would go to UE to coach.. Both have head coaching jobs in other sports, both teach, and both are too good to go over there and coach... Personally I don't think any of the ME coaches could go there due to the lack of respect shown to them at the game this year.. UE football < ME football and that's the fact of the matter

The lock of respect was TO OUR UE TEAM!! Our boys lines up to shake hands, the ME team kneeled down!! Refs told UE to go to locker room. WHO WAS DISRESPECTFUL? NOT UE. Who also was playing dirty, punching coming out of stance, UE didnt start fight at end of game ME did.

UE needs someone from outside of area, this is the time to start free and new!

Guest UE student

The refs were the ones that told both sides to not shake hands. There was plenty of dirty playing on both sides.

Then why did Coach Hurd loose his coaching and teaching position at UE?

It was Coach Hurd choice to leave, he got a good position at Cornell, which is a step up.

He didnt loose anything. I'm sure hoping they don't pick any of the present coaches at UE, We need fresh meat!

Guest Interestingthought

In 8 years Hurds teams won 6 section 4 championships.... Yeah he sucks.....lol,this site is for loser parets who's kids don't play.

section 4 championships....wow that is impressive! Against perrienial weak teams. They only have 3 teams in Section 4 A for the love of God. Hurd won because of talent, not coaching or strategy. Look what happens when he plays similar talent, he normally loses. Why think he could never get outvof first round of playoffs, until this year. UE was fortunate to get Nottingham instead of Jamesville Dewitt.

That's funny. Crooks applied the last time their was an opening at U.E.

If I'm not mistaken, the guy they offered it to last time turned them down, then they offered it to Hurd. Anyone remember who that was? Was it Crooks?

If I'm not mistaken, the guy they offered it to last time turned them down, then they offered it to Hurd. Anyone remember who that was? Was it Crooks?

That guy ened up being the Ithaca coach. He didn't do much there.

Archived