All Time Great U.E. football team

Guest Ty Cobb

Curt Parvin was pretty darm good. I think he was like in the class of 73.

Parvin graduated in 74. He was a sack machine. He had a D1 scholarship at Iowa St and then Temple. Parvin also played tight end. Parvin was good but not as good as the defensive ends on the first team, Mott and Chandler Jones, both NFL players.

This just shows how much top notch talent U.E. produced. The U.E. all time second team could beat most schools all time lists.

The U.E. all time second team could beat most schools all time lists.

No, but they could beat many teams all-time lists, and likely a majority (New Yorks). Just looking at their peers (same size schools through the years) there are schools in the state that blow away U-Es NFLer quantities, so it knocks out the "most". There are upwards of a dozen Section 3, a dozen Section 5 and a dozen Section 6 teams alone that top U-E's all-time #1.

Of course U-Es top all-time team could beat most smaller schools and give you the "mot" tag, but it's not fair to compare U-E #2 team to CV's #1, Windsor's #1, Cazenovia's #1, Hornell's #1 because those schools could say the same if comparing to smaller schools. I am not saying you did so, you did not, but that's the only way to make "most" work to the point you made.

No, but they could beat many teams all-time lists, and likely a majority (New Yorks). Just looking at their peers (same size schools through the years) there are schools in the state that blow away U-Es NFLer quantities, so it knocks out the "most". There are upwards of a dozen Section 3, a dozen Section 5 and a dozen Section 6 teams alone that top U-E's all-time #1.

Of course U-Es top all-time team could beat most smaller schools and give you the "mot" tag, but it's not fair to compare U-E #2 team to CV's #1, Windsor's #1, Cazenovia's #1, Hornell's #1 because those schools could say the same if comparing to smaller schools. I am not saying you did so, you did not, but that's the only way to make "most" work to the point you made.

I was not referring to teams statewide. I was speaking locally.

I was not referring to teams statewide. I was speaking locally.

Fair enough.

Talking Broome County teams only, U-E #2 would beat the #1s from:

Deposit

Harpursville

Whitney Point

Susquehanna Valley

Chenango Valley

Seton Catholic Central

Their #2's would lose to the #1s from:

Johnson City

Maine-Endwell

Vestal

Chenango Forks

Tough battle but likely victorious- Windsor

In response below. There ARE not a dozen public school teams in section 3 4 or 6 that top UE all time list. UE all time even beats Aquinas and Syracuse CBA There isnt a school north of NyC that has produced 4 nfl players in the last 25 years. I would bet ue has produced the most D1 talent the last 40 years than any other school north of NYC. Section 3 doesn't have any teams that has produced the talent UE has.

Fair enough.

Talking Broome County teams only, U-E #2 would beat the #1s from:

Deposit

Harpursville

Whitney Point

Susquehanna Valley

Chenango Valley

Seton Catholic Central

Their #2's would lose to the #1s from:

Johnson City

Maine-Endwell

Vestal

Chenango Forks

Tough battle but likely victorious- Windsor

The only team the U.E. second team would lose to would be Vestal. Binghamton since its inception has not produced as much talent as U.E. second team. U.E.'s second team can take their pick of three D1 quarterbacks. M.E. had the Breckners and very few D1 players. M.E. had some guys who had D1 scholarships in the early 70s who never amoiunted to much. U.E. second team has no problem with JC or Chenango Forks. You left out Ithaca and Owego, they whip both of those teams also.

You, not me used Broome County as a reference.

That is right. I DID in fact say "Talking Broome County teams only" and YOU replied that I left out Ithaca and Owego.

Comprende?

Bill Carlini from 1989 should be on 1st team as LB

Of the three first team starters who would you take out and replace with Carlini? You have an NFL player and two D1 players.

The only team the U.E. second team would lose to would be Vestal. Binghamton since its inception has not produced as much talent as U.E. second team. U.E.'s second team can take their pick of three D1 quarterbacks. M.E. had the Breckners and very few D1 players. M.E. had some guys who had D1 scholarships in the early 70s who never amoiunted to much. U.E. second team has no problem with JC or Chenango Forks. You left out Ithaca and Owego, they whip both of those teams also.

Christ. You act as if U-E is the only school with D1 QBs.

u-E had many D1 players who did not amount to much either, including that over rated 1979 squad. Sure, they went D1, but most didn't do squat at that level. They were there and that is great(!), but so have many other local players.

They only thing U-E has on the rest of the locals is the guys that went to the NFL and that is great too. They are local kids doing great and we all are proud of that. What fans of other schools dislike is when you Tiger fans act like you are the only ones with players at the next level. On this very forum several years back someone stated U-E had more D1 players at that time than the rest of the county and someone proved that even Forks was behind them by just ONE at that moment and the rest of the county totaled about another ten.

So get real and support the accolades of all the players from the area that have moved on to play in college.

Just because you go Division I doesn't mean you are great! Why is this concept so hard for people to understand? You go DI and sit on the bench and never play and have a worthless college career, rather than go D2 or D3 and play, become an All-Star, All-American and set-records. The top D3 players can easily play at the D1 level, they just choose to be a big fish in a small pond, rather than a little fish in a big pond.

Just because you go Division I doesn't mean you are great! Why is this concept so hard for people to understand? You go DI and sit on the bench and never play and have a worthless college career, rather than go D2 or D3 and play, become an All-Star, All-American and set-records. The top D3 players can easily play at the D1 level, they just choose to be a big fish in a small pond, rather than a little fish in a big pond.

Truer words were never spoken.

How many of that vastly overrated 1979 U-E teams D1 players didn't play much in college? Some did and did really good, but several rode the pines.

Guest Fran A.

Truer words were never spoken.

How many of that vastly overrated 1979 U-E teams D1 players didn't play much in college? Some did and did really good, but several rode the pines.

very few of them rode the pines. I would rather ride the pines with a full ride D1 then have to pay for my education and play D3.

If a guy was not a great high school player he would have never been given the D1 full ride. NO OTHER TEAM CAN COME CLOSE TO THE FOOTBALL ACHIEVEMENTS AFTER HIGH SCHOOL IN THIS AREA.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest maverick

This roster places a lot of weight on what they accomplished after high school. No player can go both ways. Some of these guys switched positions during their football careers. Most of these picks are no brainers. Only a few are close calls like the QB position. Many good players will be left out. If somebody wants to post the second team roster they can.

QB Randy Zur

Running Backs Jordan Thomas, Jarvis Shields, Bobby Norris

Receivers Gary Beddoe and Ben Prusia

Offensive Line Steve Villanti, Mike Crounse, Ron Luciano, Doc Matisi, Jerrard Veruto

Kick returner Tom Bennett

Placekicker Ron Rejda

Defensive line Joe Mott, Ken Tatko, Art Jones, Chandler Jones

Linebackers Isiah Kascevenski, Dave Wolfe, Bill Mills

Defensive backs Eddie Koban, Ron Bidwell, Johnny Logan, Tom Mason

Head Coach Dave Archer

I would agree w/ these picks......great players.

very few of them rode the pines. I would rather ride the pines with a full ride D1 then have to pay for my education and play D3.

If a guy was not a great high school player he would have never been given the D1 full ride. NO OTHER TEAM CAN COME CLOSE TO THE FOOTBALL ACHIEVEMENTS AFTER HIGH SCHOOL IN THIS AREA.

this is true

Archived