Sticky Fingers grocery store cashier

Guest Lightfingers Louie

Guest Lightfingers Louie

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...MMUN01/80213020

An Owego man was charged Tuesday with third-degree grand larceny, a felony, after he was accused of stealing approximately $33,000 from a local grocery he worked for, Owego police said.

Keith A. Hopkins, 28, of Adeline St.reet is accused of stealing money from cash receipts and making false vendor transactions for approximately 18 months while he was employed as a clerk .

How do you manage to steal $428 a week from your cash register without being caught? Where's your manager? Doesn't someone have to go over the register receipts daily??

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...MMUN01/80213020

An Owego man was charged Tuesday with third-degree grand larceny, a felony, after he was accused of stealing approximately $33,000 from a local grocery he worked for, Owego police said.

Keith A. Hopkins, 28, of Adeline St.reet is accused of stealing money from cash receipts and making false vendor transactions for approximately 18 months while he was employed as a clerk .

How do you manage to steal $428 a week from your cash register without being caught? Where's your manager? Doesn't someone have to go over the register receipts daily??

How does one make stupid assumptions on how he stole the money?

You ever think that maybe he was a manager - counted all the drawers - made up vendor reciepts - put them in as 'cash out" to pay vendors - kept the money himself.

Quite easy and most likely how it happened. However, I would not assume that this is how it happened, as I do not know. You did assume how it happened, and I would bet the bank you are wrong.

one of those lessons in life. don't assume.

Archived