M-E Middle School Girls Basketball Team

Guest guest

I just came home from this game..they played West Middle School..I have never met a bunch of parents who are OUT FOR BLOOD..WIN, WIN, WIN and SO RUDE..is hardly the word for the way they acted during this game..they were winning..happy for them, but one father would yell: "BE TOUGH.." and other nasty remarks..I never encountered this before esp. in Jr. High..?? Makes me wonder what these parents and the girls will be like when they get to high school..I pray we never have to play them again!!! At least the West Middle School parents are not rude...

I just came home from this game..they played West Middle School..I have never met a bunch of parents who are OUT FOR BLOOD..WIN, WIN, WIN and SO RUDE..is hardly the word for the way they acted during this game..they were winning..happy for them, but one father would yell: "BE TOUGH.." and other nasty remarks..I never encountered this before esp. in Jr. High..?? Makes me wonder what these parents and the girls will be like when they get to high school..I pray we never have to play them again!!! At least the West Middle School parents are not rude...

I was at that game, but I think you were on the wrong side. It was the West Middle parents that were rude and totally out of hand. M-E parents were not rude at all.

Where you the crazy West Middle School lady that kept screaming at everyone??? Other then you, everyone was well behaved and thought it was a good game

I have been to several sporting events where ME Youth was involved and was horrified at the behavior of not only the parents, but the children as well. At one cheerleading competition the girls actually teased other squads for not placing as high as ME. Youth sports has gotten out of hand. Another district that is out of control (sorry, town league eventually leading to district league) is SV. It's embarassing for everyone!

I have been to several sporting events where ME Youth was involved and was horrified at the behavior of not only the parents, but the children as well. At one cheerleading competition the girls actually teased other squads for not placing as high as ME. Youth sports has gotten out of hand. Another district that is out of control (sorry, town league eventually leading to district league) is SV. It's embarassing for everyone!

I agree..me too been there and seen it all..so sad to take the fun out of a grammer school basketball game..no fun, just win, win, win and have parents raging nasty words..cant imagine whats ahead for these girls..MORE THAN SAD!

SOME of the ME parents were too uptight, intense and, yes, rude at this game. Their behavior...shouting at the girls...at the referees and just out loud in general was not necessary. I work in education and see all too well the negative effects of hyper vigilant caregivers...pressure..pressure...It was just a game. Everyone needs to take a breath and relax.

Honestly, I was there... I did not hear anything from either side except some moans and "come ons" when a ball was played off the wall (yeah off the wall) and nothing was called. Really, even that was no big deal and like someone else said it was a kids game. My daughter plays for ME on that team and I have gone to every game save one. I really have not seen anythng that was obnoxious all season. I will tell you freely, my kids go to ME; I agree there are certainly some over the top parents in the district (way more so than the kids frankly) but all seaon I did not see anything with this group. Maybe I was sitting in the wrong section but at east middle there are not too many bleachers... I didn't hear anything from either side.

typical Sparent...you didnt notice it cause you think its "normal"...besides, pretty sure OP said West Middle...you wouldnt have heard much from the bleachers at East Middle...nice try but story is full of holes...ME Parents all think their kids are going pro or something...need to go to UE for that around here I believe.

typical Sparent...you didnt notice it cause you think its "normal"...besides, pretty sure OP said West Middle...you wouldnt have heard much from the bleachers at East Middle...nice try but story is full of holes...ME Parents all think their kids are going pro or something...need to go to UE for that around here I believe.

Listen jackass, the team was west middle, game was played at east middle. Typical sparent my ass. You are a moron. Story not full of holes, you are a bit slow and uninformed.

As it turns out... Maybe the one in a million pro athletes have gone to UE, you are right. But the ME kids could easily cheer "it's alright, it's okay, you will all work for us some day"

As it turns out... Maybe the one in a million pro athletes have gone to UE, you are right. But the ME kids could easily cheer "it's alright, it's okay, you will all work for us some day"

As long as they are not in charge of finances at any of our schools...SPARENTS RULE...just ask them...have fun with huge tax increases or no sports...I know, it will be the class sizes of 42 with no teacher aides that close the budget issue so you can go to Modified Sports games and reclaim your youth...and look, no name calling

The one guy with the patch of hair under his lower lip was WAY over the top.

Guys with that patch of hair under their lip think they are macho dudes.

That and white guys who shave their heads. They all look like turtles.

Honestly, I was there... I did not hear anything from either side except some moans and "come ons" when a ball was played off the wall (yeah off the wall) and nothing was called. Really, even that was no big deal and like someone else said it was a kids game. My daughter plays for ME on that team and I have gone to every game save one. I really have not seen anythng that was obnoxious all season. I will tell you freely, my kids go to ME; I agree there are certainly some over the top parents in the district (way more so than the kids frankly) but all seaon I did not see anything with this group. Maybe I was sitting in the wrong section but at east middle there are not too many bleachers... I didn't hear anything from either side.

You must be deaf..I heard it all and I was sitting among the ME crowd even though I was for the West Middle School Girls.....I agree..more than sad for parents to raise their kids to win, win, win...the fun of playing is over..and more stress to win..I totally agree with the orginial writer of this...MORE THAN SAD!

You are the original writer. It doesn't take NCIS to recognize your writing style, bold, caps, underlining and the infamous "..." Nice way to discredit yourself.

You are the original writer. It doesn't take NCIS to recognize your writing style, bold, caps, underlining and the infamous "..." Nice way to discredit yourself.

Sorry I am not the originator of this!!!! Many of us secretaries do the same when writing!

Archived