2008-2009 Section 4 Basketball

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

i know it a little in advance but any idea on the upcoming season... stac champs, section winners, and stand out players...ect?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Seton will be the team everyone talks about...and then will lose in the section 4 quarterfinals like they did this year to CV...or some other team that cared more about the game then Siniki's fellas

Guest Guest

i know it a little in advance but any idea on the upcoming season... stac champs, section winners, and stand out players...ect?

You have to be kidding! Lots of kids graduated who knows who has what-as a team... Summer league-jcc-there is always kids not playing so it does not show you what the true season will be. Be patient-enjoy a little football!!

Guest Guest

Are you kidding??? Be patient, enjoy a little baseball and softball.

Well thats true -sorry I just find baseball boring as hell.................

Guest Guest

Windsor should be good next year. They will probably finish second to Seton, but still have a really good year. This is my take - young good big man who should be a 4 but may have to play a 5. However, really good trio of guards in costello, murray and jones. These three will present a huge matchup problem for any team. Costello, hands down tough kid who plays point as well as anyone in section iv. Murray, lights out shooter who really needs to pick up his d. Jones, good athlete who will be a very tough match up for third guard on other team. Finally, I think the best coach in stac. His teams are very well prepared and he is a good sideline coach. I think Windsor may end up as Sectioanl finalists next year losing to Seton by 2 points on a Matt M. 3 at the buzzer. We'll see.

@

Guest Guest
Summer league-jcc-there is always kids not playing so it does not show you what the true season will be. Be patient-enjoy a little football!!

Not really. 3 yrs ago Vestal won summer league, then won STACs and sectionals, for the last 2 years BHS has won the summer league and then won STACs and sectionals. Yeah, kids do miss summer games but it still seems to be a very good predictor of how the regular season will go.

Guest Guest

Windsor should be good next year. They will probably finish second to Seton, but still have a really good year. This is my take - young good big man who should be a 4 but may have to play a 5. However, really good trio of guards in costello, murray and jones. These three will present a huge matchup problem for any team. Costello, hands down tough kid who plays point as well as anyone in section iv. Murray, lights out shooter who really needs to pick up his d. Jones, good athlete who will be a very tough match up for third guard on other team. Finally, I think the best coach in stac. His teams are very well prepared and he is a good sideline coach. I think Windsor may end up as Sectioanl finalists next year losing to Seton by 2 points on a Matt M. 3 at the buzzer. We'll see.

Don't know about this-Murray and Costello are head cases can be taken out of the game pretty quick. You are right Murray has NO d at all. He just wants to cherry pick. Costello hands down best guard no I don't think so he;s good but not the best in the section.They got any big guys? I think they lost to much-won't be as good this year. Never know-any team can surprise you!!

Guest Guest

seton will not lose in the quarterfinals they will class b next year and also stac

Whats Seton got his year? Furner and Meir are back what else?

Guest jeddy72

Matty Mur plays great D and windsor's young talent will represent as Goetz and Gaeta will have outstanding years and the other Murray (Mark) is an excellent force at forward position and B Jones is a born leader on the court with great vision also a clutch shooter (the falling away buzzer beater in a tightly played game last year at WCHS) along with the father/son combo in the Costellos

@

Guest guest

Matty Mur plays great D and windsor's young talent will represent as Goetz and Gaeta will have outstanding years and the other Murray (Mark) is an excellent force at forward position and B Jones is a born leader on the court with great vision also a clutch shooter (the falling away buzzer beater in a tightly played game last year at WCHS) along with the father/son combo in the Costellos

Ok Windsor (Tim) we will wait and see what you got !!

Guest Guest

I said best point guard, not best guard. Section IV is blessed with many very good guards next year. Center position is very weak, power forward is pretty good, off guard and small forward very strong (strongest group of players) and point guard also very good. My take on the group of point guards are that some are pure points (pass first) like Tim. C. and some are shoot first point guards, like Joe P. and Jimmy G.

I thought other Murray was a senior. That makes them stronger as I think he can play the 4. Shooting guard and center, advantage Seton, while point and 3 man advantage Windsor. 4 spot even and coaching advantage Windsor. So, I changed my mind, I am going with Windsor. Just my take.

Guest Guest

Don't know about this-Murray and Costello are head cases can be taken out of the game pretty quick. You are right Murray has NO d at all. He just wants to cherry pick. Costello hands down best guard no I don't think so he;s good but not the best in the section.They got any big guys? I think they lost to much-won't be as good this year. Never know-any team can surprise you!!

also this is the same windsor team plus costello that went to the STAC chanpionship against binghamton two years ago and lost by two they may not have the size but if they keep there head they have a very good shot at making it far this year there starting 5 will be solid with Costello at point and Muarry a guard plus Gaeta And Goetz who are two solid all around players

@

Guest guest

did anyone read the paper and see the 74-26 game between vestal and windsor?

windsor got abusedddddd!!

Couldn't be so we were just told they have the best-..................

@

Archived