2008-2009 Section 4 Basketball

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
No way, both of their older brothers are too big of Buffers for them ever to go to BHS. They mean too much to the school. Seton will be very good next year. Don't forget to list our special little black player! ORLY? YaRLY!

Go ahead and ask both of them....they're weighing their options and Binghamton is a real possibility. I guess they're not as loyal as you think.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Sorry but there is loyalty and then there is hurting yourself....Seton's f-ball program is - sorry to say - a shambles....good athletes with any hopes to play at the next level (college) would be well served to go to their public school and not play there.

With college running up to 45K a year, that isn't lack of loyalty, that is just using common sense - $180,000 for 4 years isn't in the loyalty league it is stupidity. Sorry, money talks and you're a fool if you don't listen.

Guest Guest
Sorry but there is loyalty and then there is hurting yourself....Seton's f-ball program is - sorry to say - a shambles....good athletes with any hopes to play at the next level (college) would be well served to go to their public school and not play there.

With college running up to 45K a year, that isn't lack of loyalty, that is just using common sense - $180,000 for 4 years isn't in the loyalty league it is stupidity. Sorry, money talks and you're a fool if you don't listen.

There is no talent in BC football no matter where you play.

Also I hear Jack Keough has been granted a fifth year to play for Owego.

Guest Guest
There is no talent in BC football no matter where you play.

That is FLAT OUT wrong. Basketball is not great in this area, I'll give you that. But football consistently sends players to DI colleges so shut up since you don't even begin to know what you are talking about.

Guest highheat
Well I don't care I went to Seton and always thought Furner was a douche and over rated.

why? because as an 8th grader he beat u out of a starting position

Guest guest

why? because as an 8th grader he beat u out of a starting position

No because everyone knows he is only a fair player and he's the only one building himself up!

Guest Guest
That is FLAT OUT wrong. Basketball is not great in this area, I'll give you that. But football consistently sends players to DI colleges so shut up since you don't even begin to know what you are talking about.

Yeah idiot I saw Steve Spurrier at a BHS workout today. Urban Meyer at UE last week and rumor has it Pete Carroll and Bob Stoops are coming up this weekend.

Guest Guest

yeah well everyone playing football isn't guaranteed a scholarship and you don't have to go to a school thats 45,000 a year either.

Guest Guest

If Furner and Gosney go to Binghamton then I think they'll be opening themselves up for a very difficult senior year. Their friends from Seton will disown them and the students at Binghamton will have trouble accepting them in the sports program.

Guest Guest

So who other than Chandler Jones is going to a D1 school this year in football?

There's no comparison between football and basketball as D1 prospects.

Guest guest

So who other than Chandler Jones is going to a D1 school this year in football?

There's no comparison between football and basketball as D1 prospects.

Hey moron how many players on a football team and how many on a basketball team? Wheres the better odds of going D1??

Guest Guest

quote]So who other than Chandler Jones is going to a D1 school this year in football?

That is all I know of this year. For a small area, that is decent. Section 4 is slated to be a real contender in the state this year according to SYracuse.com, and they are informed.

We have only 4 D I AA schools in football...BHS, UE, HH and Ithaca. Lower level schools just don't get the competition, and therefore the 'looks' that bigger school's players get. Certainly CF has a football program that is amazing - to have competed for/won the number of state champs they have in the last decade speaks to the strength of CF's program..

I know that at least one senior in Section 4 DI AA has been offered a DI scholarship and another one very very much in the mix for offers....mark my words AT LEAST two local players will be playing in a DI program next year, and that just from one school.

We do OK in this area....look at our NFL players...Snee, Kaz and Davis in the last 10 years...that doesn't stink.

Guest Guest
If Furner and Gosney go to Binghamton then I think they'll be opening themselves up for a very difficult senior year. Their friends from Seton will disown them and the students at Binghamton will have trouble accepting them in the sports program.

Disagree 100%. Local basketball players all know each other through playing travel, CYO etc - they won't have any trouble at all as far as that goes.

Guest Guest
quote]So who other than Chandler Jones is going to a D1 school this year in football?

That is all I know of this year. For a small area, that is decent. Section 4 is slated to be a real contender in the state this year according to SYracuse.com, and they are informed.

We have only 4 D I AA schools in football...BHS, UE, HH and Ithaca. Lower level schools just don't get the competition, and therefore the 'looks' that bigger school's players get. Certainly CF has a football program that is amazing - to have competed for/won the number of state champs they have in the last decade speaks to the strength of CF's program..

I know that at least one senior in Section 4 DI AA has been offered a DI scholarship and another one very very much in the mix for offers....mark my words AT LEAST two local players will be playing in a DI program next year, and that just from one school.

We do OK in this area....look at our NFL players...Snee, Kaz and Davis in the last 10 years...that doesn't stink.

Ok don't get too ahead of yourself. 1 player this year going D1 does not make an impressive statement from Section 4. We will wait and see who gets an offer this season. This is not big time football in this area any way you slice it regardless of what Syracuse .com says. Ever year this starts on this forum. Our teams in AA this year will not be state contenders, there is too much competition out there.

Guest Guest
Disagree 100%. Local basketball players all know each other through playing travel, CYO etc - they won't have any trouble at all as far as that goes.

Didn't mean players . Last year the fans from Binghamton hated Furner.

Guest Guest
Didn't mean players . Last year the fans from Binghamton hated Furner.

so do kids from binghamton cv windsor ue vestal and seton really

Guest Guest

Look I go to school with both of them and talked to them yesterday and said this claim is bs. This is probably started by the same people who said Mullins tore his ACL...peasants.

Guest Guest
You are wrong, they are considering it. Seriously. The kids at BHS won't hate if either or both decide to go there.

Honestly how are you "all knowing" about that?

Guest Guest
Look I go to school with both of them and talked to them yesterday and said this claim is bs. This is probably started by the same people who said Mullins tore his ACL...peasants.

Then they're not being up front with you. They don't feel they're getting enough exposure on Football and are considering joining BHS. Believe it or not it's true.

Guest Guest
Honestly how are you "all knowing" about that?
l ....

I know several of the players on BHS' b-ball and football teams...I know how several of the football players have accepted other transfers....and there has been no problem with that whatsoever. Not 'all knowing' but well informed.

Archived