BHS v SCC

Guest Old School

Guest Old School

Both teams sought to compete to the best of their abilities. In both halves, the BHS boys suffered more foul trouble than their opponents. This has been common for the BHS boys, but they play their way through it. The officiating in the fourth quarter favored SCC to the point that SCC's center, Chris Furner, felt safe to punch Nate Papso in the eye while Nate recieved an in-bounds pass with 1.9 seconds left. Both teams competed to the best of their ability, and everybody enjoys a good game, but that behavior at the end of the game deserves a suspension.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Punch him in the eye? Are you nuts? He tried to foul him from behind. The kid was dribbling toward the SCC basket. There was no punch thrown.

Maybe there should have been. There was so much pushing & holding in that game that I can't believe the refs let it go on.

Guest choking on seton

We are all gagging. Seton gets every call handed to them in basketball, boys and girls. It is a joke, fouls 15-2, come on......they don't know how to win a real game. Says nothing for an honest ref either.

We are all gagging. Seton gets every call handed to them in basketball, boys and girls. It is a joke, fouls 15-2, come on......they don't know how to win a real game. Says nothing for an honest ref either.

Does anyone know what the Ref's names were? They were absolutely horrible. One way calls...the whole game. It's a shame they let Furner push people around the whole game. I thought you weren't supposed to talk to the ref's either. He is running his trap to them all the time.

Does anyone know what the Ref's names were? They were absolutely horrible. One way calls...the whole game. It's a shame they let Furner push people around the whole game. I thought you weren't supposed to talk to the ref's either. He is running his trap to them all the time.

I was at the St. Thomas / St. Mary's game those refs were horrible it was probably the same two.

Guest gamewatcher

Furner has always gotten away with crap and Sinicki lets him... ask Terrell Irvine from SV.. nose broken by an intention elbow fom Furner... Sinicki never does enything - even as Athletic Director.. so much for values and sportsmanship! Furner should be suspended for his actions... many times over.

Guest gamewatcher

Furner has always gotten away with crap and Sinicki lets him... ask Terrell Irvine from SV.. nose broken by an intention elbow fom Furner... Sinicki never does enything - even as Athletic Director.. so much for values and sportsmanship! Furner should be suspended for his actions... many times over.

Furner has been getting away with that behavior for a couple of years now and why?If its so obvious to the fans and players then the refs and coaches and athletic director (which is the same person at Seton) are looking the other way and not calling him on it. However he's the biggest cry baby when someone pushes him or he gets in his way. I agree he should be suspended. The refs let that game get to that point last night by keeping Binghamtons hands tied and giving Seton free reign.

Making no comment on the specifics of this particular play I will however say that when referees unfairly call a game there is a huge risk of a player(s) getting seriously injured....either by the team that is given free reign - and they 'go nuts' or, and probably more often, by the team who is CLEARLY being shackled and get so frustrated that they figure - hey the hell with this and cream an opponent.

Time and far past time to get different refs in this area.

Attention Idiots: When a double "T" was called about a half minute into the game which coach pulled the offender out of the game? Answer: Sinicki. Which coach let thug #21 stay in the game? Springer.

Agree that Furner is a whiner, however.

And whomever thinks the fouls were 15-2 better check the scorebook again. The refs were horrible, but were horrible both ways. There are very few refs around here (Board 49) capable of handling a game like that (speed, physicality, etc)

Punch him in the eye? Are you nuts? He tried to foul him from behind. The kid was dribbling toward the SCC basket. There was no punch thrown.

Actually friend, if you were paying attention at all, Papso had that mark from earlier in the 4th quarter. It was in fact from Furner and it was not necessarily a punch but it was a blatant attempt to hit him. And i go to a school in another conference so don't try to tell me i just hate Furner because it's not the case. Continuing, Nate was touching his eye until the end of the game and when Furner pushed him at the end there was no chance, he should have just let him go. In all fairness, it was physical underneath and the refs did ok there but there was no chance that should have been a one point game. Binghamton outplayed and out hustled SCC it's a shame that whenever a school wants a call they get it. However, Binghamton showed the kind of team they are by keeping composure and pulling it out. Oh, and by the way, i got a kick out of Furner showing his clumsiness when he tripped twice in a row on his own. The first time was better.

Guest The real sports mind
Actually friend, if you were paying attention at all, Papso had that mark from earlier in the 4th quarter. It was in fact from Furner and it was not necessarily a punch but it was a blatant attempt to hit him. And i go to a school in another conference so don't try to tell me i just hate Furner because it's not the case. Continuing, Nate was touching his eye until the end of the game and when Furner pushed him at the end there was no chance, he should have just let him go. In all fairness, it was physical underneath and the refs did ok there but there was no chance that should have been a one point game. Binghamton outplayed and out hustled SCC it's a shame that whenever a school wants a call they get it. However, Binghamton showed the kind of team they are by keeping composure and pulling it out. Oh, and by the way, i got a kick out of Furner showing his clumsiness when he tripped twice in a row on his own. The first time was better.

This is getting too easy.

Truth = furner is a cheap shot artist/overrated/crybaby

Truth = I picked Binghamton and they won (not a surprise)

Truth = real sports don't need cheap athletes (furner)

Truth = seton is overrated

Truth = seton chokes and they showed that again last night

Truth = I can still out analyze anyone with real sports

Truth = I am a real talent evaluator

Truth = mullins is overated.

Guest Old School
If you have video evidence you should offer it to Board 49 officials. That player should be subject to some level of discipline for contstantly initiating confrontation with CHEAP SHOTS then drawing the referrees attention to the retaliation. Kudos to Dougherty for fronting the big guy, and the BHS off-side help, for their poise, composure, and compettiveness regardless how many times Furner flopped Dougherty to the floor with his WWF elbows. It just should not be part of a basketball game.

Good predition real sports mind. You picked BHS by 15. They won by 1. That was one point away from you never posting on bcvoice again. A crying shame if you ask me. You are a joke that picks the favorite everytime.

Guest Guest 2 Cool

One was S. Berg and unsure of the other; and about Furner talking to the refs all the time...I think that Furner is a Keough wannabe...Jack does it all the time...but if Furner thinks that he is at Jack's level, dream on, Furner, dream on...I will say that they do share one trait...they're both hotheads!

furner is a baby period he plays dirty all the time and when the game dosent go his way he throws cheap shots. this was evident last night when he threw two clear cheap shots at papso one gave him a black eye in the middle of the 4th and one right after the horn sounded for the final time when he pushed papso in the back and swated down on his face from behind. papso did good keeping his cool but he was clearly angry and with good reason furner is an embarrassment to scc and his own family. i hope the A.D. for seton will do something about this but then again he is the head varsity boys basketballl coach

Guest Guest 2 Cool

I think, that seeing as Furner INTENTIONALLY, inflicts these low blows (and injures other players in his wake) he should be SUSPENDED for the entire basketball season next year. Thoughts?

This is getting too easy.

Truth = furner is a cheap shot artist/overrated/crybaby

Truth = I picked Binghamton and they won (not a surprise)

Truth = real sports don't need cheap athletes (furner)

Truth = seton is overrated

Truth = seton chokes and they showed that again last night

Truth = I can still out analyze anyone with real sports

Truth = I am a real talent evaluator

Truth = mullins is overated.

wow you picked the best AA team to beat the Class C team. i gotta say thats a brilliant and gutsy pick right there

Maybe if that happens the Section IV officials could take a look at the reffing as well. It was pathetic - and the funny part? At the end of the game Seton had to take precious seconds off the clock while they ran up their fouls to 7 to get into a 1 and 1 situation. So, it came back to bite them in the ankle (or another body part) didn't it?

BHS is laughing all the way to the STAC finals.

Attention Idiots: When a double "T" was called about a half minute into the game which coach pulled the offender out of the game? Answer: Sinicki. Which coach let thug #21 stay in the game? Springer.

And whomever thinks the fouls were 15-2 better check the scorebook again. The refs were horrible, but were horrible both ways. There are very few refs around here (Board 49) capable of handling a game like that (speed, physicality, etc)

You are absolutely incorrect, #21, whose name is Chris was immediately taken out of the game by Coach Springer. Get your facts straight if you're going to post. The real thug is the one who hides behind the dilusions of grandeur held by the Seton Community, which in translation would be Furner.I'm assuming you were not at the game last night because your foul facts are incorrect too.

Furner didn't just push him in the end after the horn,he slugged him in the eye, which was witnessed by many at that end of the floor. It was initially a punch from Furner in the 4th quarter that started it you're right. If you saw Papso at the end of the night you know it was no joke .His eye was very swollen and nothing but a slit. It looked like he just got out of a boxing ring.

Guest go pats
You are absolutely incorrect, #21, whose name is Chris was immediately taken out of the game by Coach Springer. Get your facts straight if you're going to post. The real thug is the one who hides behind the dilusions of grandeur held by the Seton Community, which in translation would be Furner.I'm assuming you were not at the game last night because your foul facts are incorrect too.

Although Coach Springer did take Cartwright out a few plays later, he most certainly was not taken out immediately as Furner was. That being said, the game was very poorly officiated and those refs should really be ashamed that they got played so badly by a high school athlete (Furner). I do not know what is worse, his behavior or that the refs allow or do not recognize it.

Archived