Jim Johnson

It really doesn't make me feel great to watch this happen to Johnson. He's a local guy and I want to see him have success, but the Yanks seem to have his number and I hope he can get out of this funk. Makes what Mo has done all these years, just that much more impressive.

Jeter will be playing in Scranton tonight and Granderson and A-Rod are still rehabbing. Pineda can't beat the B-Mets, but most pitchers are having problems with them this year.

This has been a fun season so far. It would be great to see the Yanks get everybody back healthy and make a run.

Guest Guest

It really doesn't make me feel great to watch this happen to Johnson. He's a local guy and I want to see him have success, but the Yanks seem to have his number and I hope he can get out of this funk. Makes what Mo has done all these years, just that much more impressive.

Jeter will be playing in Scranton tonight and Granderson and A-Rod are still rehabbing. Pineda can't beat the B-Mets, but most pitchers are having problems with them this year.

This has been a fun season so far. It would be great to see the Yanks get everybody back healthy and make a run.

And over in Queens.....How bout that Matt Harvey kid!?! Can you say beast?! Wow!

Hopefully Met fans realize Wheeler obviously has the goods but is still quite raw. Thankfully Harvey seems to have taken the pressure off him coming to NY and "saving the franchise". Future is bright for the Mets hopefully....Synderguard, Matz, Montero, Tapia, Fullmer just to name a few of the young arms. Hopefully Sandy can get creative and package some of these arms for a legit thumper to play OF!

Harvey is sick though!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Sorry 27, the geriatric yankees have a 0% change making the playoffs with everyone healthy. Unless they let everyone get back on the needle. Not sure if they should vacate those playoff and WS wins when Clemens, Pettitte, and countless other yankee greats were all juicing together under Torre.

The Rays and Sox are so much better than the Spankees, it's not even close. Especially the Rays.

Until they get younger, get used to 3rd place ... 12 games back when te season ends.

I wish they would take a stand and be the 1st team to void a steroid contract (A-Rod). Wanna stop steroids, allow teams to void the contracts of players caught doping. Personally I think it's more fun when they are all juicing.

Sorry 27, the geriatric yankees have a 0% change making the playoffs with everyone healthy. Unless they let everyone get back on the needle. Not sure if they should vacate those playoff and WS wins when Clemens, Pettitte, and countless other yankee greats were all juicing together under Torre.

The Rays and Sox are so much better than the Spankees, it's not even close. Especially the Rays.

Until they get younger, get used to 3rd place ... 12 games back when te season ends.

I wish they would take a stand and be the 1st team to void a steroid contract (A-Rod). Wanna stop steroids, allow teams to void the contracts of players caught doping. Personally I think it's more fun when they are all juicing.

How many of the Redsox besides Manny and Pappi were juicing when they won on 04 and 07?

As bad as you think the Yankees are they are only 2.5 gb in the wild card

Guest guest

I see they are finally letting non registered people post. It is about time, this message board was useless because NOBODY was posting, BC voice was irrelevant.

I see they are finally letting non registered people post. It is about time, this message board was useless because NOBODY was posting, BC voice was irrelevant.

Say what? Guests have been posing on THIS (sports) forum for ages.

The main forum remains logins only.

Guest Guest

Yankees - $228,995,945

Boston - $158,967,286

That's 3 more dominate all-star caliber players in their lineup at $20-$25 million/per. And they're going to finish 12 games back. That's horrible.

The wild card is a pipedream. It should be a guarantee with the overwhelmingly dominate payroll in the A.L.

Yankees - $228,995,945

Boston - $158,967,286

That's 3 more dominate all-star caliber players in their lineup at $20-$25 million/per. And they're going to finish 12 games back. That's horrible.

The wild card is a pipedream. It should be a guarantee with the overwhelmingly dominate payroll in the A.L.

Those numbers could change if A-Rod gets a lifetime ban.

AKA: The Yankees Get Out of Jail Free Card

I'm hoping he gets a lifetime ban. It'll free up all that money. It was stupid to sign him to that contract anyway.

ARoid is one of many contracts the Spankees need to get rid of, luckily a bunch of them are expiring.

They have nothing in the minor league pipeline, and young Stein has mandated a lower payroll. So they have to rebuild most of the team by signing not top-of-the-line free agents and no prospects to bring up.

Get used to 3rd place Yankee fans. You are going to be there for the next 5 years.

ARoid is one of many contracts the Spankees need to get rid of, luckily a bunch of them are expiring.

They have nothing in the minor league pipeline, and young Stein has mandated a lower payroll. So they have to rebuild most of the team by signing not top-of-the-line free agents and no prospects to bring up.

Get used to 3rd place Yankee fans. You are going to be there for the next 5 years.

J.R. Murphy, Jose Ramirez, Rafael DePaula and Gary Sanchez are all strong prospects and Betances might have saved his career in the bullpen. Outside of the guys I mentioned, every prospect the Yankees were counting on in their farm system has let them down this year.

J.R. Murphy, Jose Ramirez, Rafael DePaula and Gary Sanchez are all strong prospects and Betances might have saved his career in the bullpen. Outside of the guys I mentioned, every prospect the Yankees were counting on in their farm system has let them down this year.

Meh....Decent at best prospects I suppose. According to fangraphs they really don't project to be too much. Every team has middle of the road prospects like you mentioned. Yanks lack the can't miss or difference makers at the MLB level. And Betances is SEVERELY overrated by the NY hype machine. Their system isn't barren but it's certainly not rich.

Sorry, none of those guys are batting over .276, and DePaula has an ERA over 6 since being brought up to A+ ball. Like I said, their farm system is a mess. They have no one in the pipeline. Get used to 3rd place.

Sorry, none of those guys are batting over .276, and DePaula has an ERA over 6 since being brought up to A+ ball. Like I said, their farm system is a mess. They have no one in the pipeline. Get used to 3rd place.

Are you an expert in the Yankee organization? Can you pick out ballplayers and say who's gonna make it in the majors? I thought not.

From someone who supposedly hates the Yankees you seem to know a lot about them.... and your information isn't even correct

From someone who supposedly hates the Yankees you seem to know a lot about them.... and your information isn't even correct

My information is correct. But I did brush over Ramirez, he might be a 4th or 5th starter if he ever learns to control his fastball. Again, the farm system is a mess. With Baltimore on the rise, probably as many 4th place finishes as 3rd place in the Spankees future.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived