Obamacare - Epic Failure

PeteMoss

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

growing pains, all will be well in a year or so.just stay healthy and fit until then.

wow, now to the streets,close everything down.that will work that will be great for everyone.I don't think so.that would only make matters for more worse. The president said (and its true he didn't lie) if they (gop) or who ever want to change laws or policies win a election.Thats how things are changed,not by starting riots because you don't like or aggree with something. the aca is affectiing some,alot of people but not all and if it was as bad as you think there might be riots but there wont.

It happens every day and are behind every significant political change. African Americans are "some people", German Jews in 1939 were "some people but not all", woman are "some people but not all", Christians are "some people but not all", Illegal Mexicans are "some people but not all", Catholics are "some people but not all", Sara Palin represents"some people but not all", Obama represents "some people but not all". How does media represent them. Some one should shit in Hillary Clinton's mouth I expect many now to take my words far out of context, especially if I used the president's name, but there it would be a reason for the body guards, the SS to harass me. It Sounds real different when a media favorite is involved. Is Palin lesser a human being undeserving of basic human dignity, with a spouse, children and those who love her. Many reading this will say hell yeah. Ellen Radner. called George Bush a scumbag on her talk show that WNBF carried, she got away with it, not one word out of the media.

In those examples who got screwed, the quiet, or the disruptive? Was there examples of editorial content, hidden and overt in the text, you bet. It all creates a new reality. That is the intent of protest is to create or destroy a persons reality. It is quite effective. And at times could be the truth underneath the hyperbole.

Those hurt by Obama Care, a term media has dropped, and now pushing " Affordable Health Care Act" separating Obama from blame, now or out number those that will benefit. It will be sad if the sheep do not grow horns, that will mean our public has sunk to the last days of Rome. In less than 300 years.

Would have there ever been a civil rights amendment without boycotts, protest marches and the attention from the media? What if everyone stood still, at home writing and calling Washington, would the Viet Nam war have gone on longer? We would have been fracking years ago if it were not for public protest. Politicians will not listen unless they know there are many voices behind a single act. Street demonstrations must be highly organized, coordinated events playing to the camera.

What got Nixon elected? Images of Chicago police beating hippies over the head. Chicago cops taking orders from high ranking politicians like Daley that wanted protesters out of the media. Instead, he drove the nation to someone who promised to end the war, Nixon. Public disobedience has a razor edge and you will cut your own throat with it if your demonstration takes off or is co opted and someone gets killed, large amounts of private property damage, or anything that will turn the media against you. "Occupy" fell apart when organizational control was lost to factional elements. A good contemporary example are the the Greek protests of 210. Watch the Ukraine and other states of the former USSR, Putin and local communists are attempting to reinstate the old regime, and street action has begun. It was public protest that put the USSR over the falls, and if you recall, it was highly organized. Gandhi managed to boot England out of India without a full on revolution. We got booted from Viet Nam, The Russians from Afghanistan, And us from Afghanistan.

Public disobedience will work if a few criteria are met:

1. There must be a core concept minorities can rally to, or a majority that are silent, but will support you if media communicated your agenda in the correct manner.

2. leaders must manage the movement with an iron fist. One loose cannon on thew deck can sink the ship. In public view the street protesters must have television coverage that "Proves" your movement is "grass roots and "oppressed". Media loves grass roots and oppression. Is does not hurt to have "scientists" on your side.

3. Again, the high level organizational structure must be far enough in the background not attract attention, but maintain control.

4. Always, always, ALWAYS, predetermine who the gets to talk with reporters or appear on camera.

5. When, and whoever ever possible do not allow anyone appear to be violent.

6. In summation, and cover anything missed thus far, in order to sell good,concepts, and political ideology, a "brand" must created, a unique identifier. This is any thing the general public will recognize and sum up the reality you are creating for media distribution.

For the "Long March":

Make it Cool, hip, whatever, the young mind is receptive and can be molded, Limbaugh's term "skull full of mush", and "the brain is scrambled eggs until age 25" thing is very true. Once the young are imprinted, it will last a life time, after 10 years that equates to many votes. Real quick, first thought

how old is a Conservative POLHBG long or short hair ,kHuGb blond or red head mhd65ew

how old is a Democrat... .. black or blue ... .. .. ..

who won the world series &^$% how many zip coses are there %$@!~~How old is a Republican

Chevy or a Ford +-)"> did you stereotype the ages? many probably did

Slogans, Music, Images, Work

a song like Yes We Can, We Shall Overcome, A burning Cross, Old Rugged Cross (co-opted by KKK),

CocaCola bottle, Crucifix, Cross, Islamic Crescent and Star, Star of David, raised fist, a Camel, statue of Lenin

YES WE CAN POWER TO THE PEOPLE HOPE AND CHANGE TIPPECANOE AND TYLER TO THE ONLY THING WE HAVE TO FEAR IS FEAR ITSELF A DAY THAT WILL LIVE IN INFAMY BOOM ZOOM RIGHT TO THE MOON ALICE MISTER GORBACHEV... TEAR DOWN THIS WALL READ MY LIPS NO NEW TAXES I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN WELL, THERE YA GO AGAIN ITS THE DAFFACT STOOPID HONEY BADGER DON'T CARE DOH

"These are troubling times in the kingdom."

thats really nice. but real everyday people arn't that extreme and don't wont take the time and effort you do to go off on any little thing that bothers you. the mainstream just doesn't back you right or wrong. I work in the public and talk to many people and they don't talk like that/this. but your intitled to say what ever makes you comfortable.

thats really nice. but real everyday people arn't that extreme and don't wont take the time and effort you do to go off on any little thing that bothers you. the mainstream just doesn't back you right or wrong. I work in the public and talk to many people and they don't talk like that/this. but your intitled to say what ever makes you comfortable.

Main stream media is the easiest to manipulate. They back no one. Do not fool yourself. They will put any image on the screen, or say anything for ratings, they are in a dying industry. There is a new paradigm, main stream is dead. Fox is News is #1, what doest that tell you? People watch the news to see hot hunks and great T&A. When CNN thinks about hiring Jay Leno, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert to compete with Fox, their information product is a loser. The same applies when MSNBC and NBC openly adopt an anti Conservative "Lean Forward" format to compete. Tell me about the validity, and trust anyone should place in the mainstream. Mainstream news is fast becoming, no, it is entertainment. Why not? Jim Lehrerb fom PBS news has advice for Obama on West Wing.

You are talking to people? I love to look into their eyes, look for a curl up or down in the corner of the lip, check for a bit of a squint, a glance downward, or a one eye squint with a raised eyebrow. No matter how much you or I like it, it is a dying social trend. It is all on line or in a cloud someplace, and I hate it. However, social engineers love it, they can mesmerize millions with one key...no ... thumb stroke. Next time you watch the news, what does everyone have in front of them? A computer, they are watching social media, seeing what is trending and playing to it. Get a swarm of about 5,000 social media friends to flood the news anchor, you will have an affect, if not instantly over time, if you feed the anchor a treat now and then. People knew it was on the way in 1930. Welcome to the Brave New World.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_New_World

One more thing, these people you talk to, the general public, most of them are telling you what you want to hear, and if you are doing business with them, you must do the same. What are you going to tell the boss, I did not make the sale because his politics were different than mine? Perhaps the customer did not like your view.

Extreme, I am not the one that claims to be good at killing people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/03/obama-drones-double-down_n_4208815.html

B4 I forget:

http://www.hitfix.com/tv-tattle/report-cnn-may-create-a-comedy-show-to-challenge-jon-stewart-and-stephen-colbert

http://nypost.com/2013/12/19/cnn-wants-to-land-leno/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/07/bartlet-obama-the-west-wing-aaron-sorkin_n_1946190.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39507182/

The woman responsible for the obamacare rollout is retiring, She should be made to stay and fix it, for no pay.

"In an email to agency employees, Marilyn B. Tavenner, the administrator of the Medicare agency, said Ms. Snyder was retiring this week “after 41 years of outstanding public service,” but made no mention of her role overseeing the development of the federal insurance exchange."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/31/us/politics/official-who-oversaw-health-laws-rollout-is-retiring.html?_r=0

Auto dealer employees get obamacare put to them.

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/29/21893911-workers-at-auto-dealership-come-face-to-face-with-obamacare-trade-offs#comments

Professor blames ‘southern white radicals’ for Obamacare debacle

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/01/professor-blames-southern-white-radicals-for-obamacare-debacle/

Yes, that's it. obama is half white.

2014-01-01T020050Z_360404357_GM1EA110RPV

There is a bit of snow on the roof

obamacare cheerleader can't afford to buy obamacare

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2014/01/02/oregon-mother-i-cant-afford-obamacare-for-myself-1-year-old-son/

She even voted for obama.

I can remember when my two children were born and me and my wife at that time had to work two jobs to make ends meet.It was difficult but we did it and made it.Why should they be happy?

It only took 3 days for the victims of obamacare to be found.

Left the hospital,with chest pains, because they could not afford to pay the possible bills.

Did not get the XRays that a doctor ordered because they could not afford the costs.

They thought they signed up for healthcare but they did not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2532869/They-no-idea-insurance-active-not-At-Virginia-hospitals-Obamacare-confusion-reigns-frustrated-patients-walk-out.html

Something about the yoga instructor story doesn't gel. If she isn't on her husbands insurance who paid for their baby to be born?

Something about the yoga instructor story doesn't gel. If she isn't on her husbands insurance who paid for their baby to be born?

The obamacare website did not anticipate that people would have babies.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/03/adding-a-baby-to-obamacare-plan-not-easy/

This does not bode well for the obamacare website because:

There are 5 allowed reasons to change a medical plan coverage other than at signup time:

Birth

Death

Marriage

Divorce

Adoption

If the obamacare website can't handle births, then it most likely can't handle the other 4 reasons. Next we will probably see reports of people dying and they can't be taken off of the insurance plan.

People will be paying for health insurance for the dead.

Marriage and divorce issues will also be problems.

obamacare - Epic failure --- is now an understatement.

they should all just copy ny states set up, it seems to being running smoothly with no problems at this time.

everyone is aware of the problems Pete, you don't need to spend your time telling us over and over. The autorities are aware of them and hopefully will correct most of the issues over time. Sit back,relax,watch a ballgame,play some music.Calm down and enjoy the ride like the rest of us.

I wonder if the penalties for the yoga instructor and their baby will equal or exceed the monthly additional premium of a family plan through her husbands employer? Seems like it should be close, maybe not this year but next year for sure.

I wonder if the penalties for the yoga instructor and their baby will equal or exceed the monthly additional premium of a family plan through her husbands employer? Seems like it should be close, maybe not this year but next year for sure.

Good point. Will the parents have to pay a penalty if they do not sign up their child?

According to Forbes the penalty this year will be $95 for her and $45 for their child unless and except 1% of their total household income minus personal exemptions and the standard deduction is greater than $285. In that case they'd have to pay the greater amount.

I'm sure you already mentioned this but just wow, reading it again...if your household income is more than 200K there is a 3.8% Obamacare surcharge on interest, dividends and home sales. I find it hard to fathom anyone feels this is reasonable.

According to Forbes the penalty this year will be $95 for her and $45 for their child unless and except 1% of their total household income minus personal exemptions and the standard deduction is greater than $285. In that case they'd have to pay the greater amount.

I'm sure you already mentioned this but just wow, reading it again...if your household income is more than 200K there is a 3.8% Obamacare surcharge on interest, dividends and home sales. I find it hard to fathom anyone feels this is reasonable.

Savings, investments and home ownership. Why, that will not affect almost anyone and of course, the rate will never go up because the program is so well thought through and funded. I wonder it the interest surcharge also applies to government bonds? Interest rates aren't worth squat unless you hold them the full 30 years. Why save. What is left, become a criminal, take a lot of vacations and wear plenty of custom 24k jewelry?

The market should do well as detail trickle out.

Know the different interest rates of EE savings bonds. Knowing the value of EE savings bonds will help you decide whether it's a good idea (i.e. it makes financial sense) to cash in your bonds. Depending on the year issued, EE savings bonds have different interest rates.

• Bonds bought before May 1997 earn different interest rates, depending on when they were bought.[1]
  • Bonds bought between May 1997 and April 2005 earn a variable interest rate, meaning their interest rate changes. It changes every six months, and it's 90% of the average five-year Treasury yield for the previous six months.[1][2]
  • Bond bought between May 2005 and the end of 2006 earn between 3.2 percent and 3.7 percent, and will continue to do so for as long as you own them.

Archived