Obamacare - Epic Failure

PeteMoss

In 2 years, you will have to wait weeks for a doctor appointment. The penalty for not having insurance will be one 250% of what it is now. Rates will go through the roof and everyone will remember this as the last year of health care freedom.

peteE my doctor isn't taking new patients at this time and I doubt he will join any of the pools for new people signing up. So I won't waiting.Sorry to disappoint you Sir.My insurance rate is decided by NYS and my union PEF every four years or so.It is what it is then. People without insurance should have to pay a penalty,insurance is much more important than 2000.00 tv's and swimming pools and 50,000 dollar kitchens,houses so big with 3 car garages and all that nonsense. If your poor you don't pay anyhow.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

peteE my doctor isn't taking new patients at this time and I doubt he will join any of the pools for new people signing up. So I won't waiting.Sorry to disappoint you Sir.My insurance rate is decided by NYS and my union PEF every four years or so.It is what it is then. People without insurance should have to pay a penalty,insurance is much more important than 2000.00 tv's and swimming pools and 50,000 dollar kitchens,houses so big with 3 car garages and all that nonsense. If your poor you don't pay anyhow.

John: You show a stunning lack of compassion for people. First, that is great that you are not going to be affected by Obamacare, but many others have been affected and in a negative way. In addition to losing their jobs or having their hours cut, you also want them to pay a penalty? You are painting with an awful large brush of you think that all of them have 3 car garages and $50,000 kitchens. You are watching too much TV.

I'm glad you're basing your future healthcare plans on your primary physician's decision not to (currently) take new patients. I'm glad that you think he's the only doctor you'll have to see during your retirement, good luck with that!

Maybe some of the natives will relocate back to NYC

While competition is intense in many populous regions, rural areas and small towns have far fewer carriers offering plans in the law’s online exchanges. Those places, many of them poor, are being asked to choose from some of the highest-priced plans in the 34 states where the federal government is running the health insurance marketplaces, a review by The New York Times has found.

Of the roughly 2,500 counties served by the federal exchanges, more than half, or 58 percent, have plans offered by just one or two insurance carriers, according to an analysis by The Times of county-level data provided by the Department of Health and Human Services. In about 530 counties, only a single insurer is participating.

http://thisgotmyattention.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/ny-times-says-that-obamacare-fails-rural-areas/

I'm glad you're basing your future healthcare plans on your primary physician's decision not to (currently) take new patients. I'm glad that you think he's the only doctor you'll have to see during your retirement, good luck with that!

thanks for your concern,i'm doing fine and only go to the doctors once a year so i'm not to worried at all. John

Obama's promise that "if you like your health plan, you can keep your health care plan" isn't proving true.

More than 1.3 million people have been sent cancellation notices from their insurance company. -

Obama's promise that "if you like your health plan, you can keep your health care plan" isn't proving true.

More than 1.3 million people have been sent cancellation notices from their insurance company. -

It's Bush's fault LOL or he is a pathological liar

thanks for your concern,i'm doing fine and only go to the doctors once a year so i'm not to worried at all. John

(smirk) Sooooo...what do you think it means when they say 80% of all healthcare dollars have to be spent on healthcare? Be prepared for several time consuming preventative counseling sessions. They have to justify those dollars spent somehow.

(smirk) Sooooo...what do you think it means when they say 80% of all healthcare dollars have to be spent on healthcare? Be prepared for several time consuming preventative counseling sessions. They have to justify those dollars spent somehow.

Ginger, that may be true for people signing up. I not one of them.I have private insurance that I pay for.I took no money from any pools or groups through Mr. obamacare. What that program requires does not concern me or my doctor visit. Also I read in todays newspaper that New Yorks health program sign up is going very smooth with no problems and the health care costs are down in this state by as much as 50 percent. Thats very good for New yorkers signing up.

that may be true for some people but you know what people on medicare and medicaid need to change doctors sometimes anyhow because of changes to the programs normally and not only because of the health care act. Doctors opt in and out of medicaid and medicare by their own choice and the ever changing policies that control them. My Mom is on medicare and her doctors have changed 3 times in the last 6 years even before obamacare even started up.

that may be true for some people but you know what people on medicare and medicaid need to change doctors sometimes anyhow because of changes to the programs normally and not only because of the health care act. Doctors opt in and out of medicaid and medicare by their own choice and the ever changing policies that control them. My Mom is on medicare and her doctors have changed 3 times in the last 6 years even before obamacare even started up.

Did Obama tell your mother that she can keep her doctor? No!

Ginger, that may be true for people signing up. I not one of them.I have private insurance that I pay for.I took no money from any pools or groups through Mr. obamacare. What that program requires does not concern me or my doctor visit. Also I read in todays newspaper that New Yorks health program sign up is going very smooth with no problems and the health care costs are down in this state by as much as 50 percent. Thats very good for New yorkers signing up.

You pay for only a part of your insurance. The majority of you premiums are paid for by the NYS taxpayers.

And the insurance in NYS being down, that is due to a fluke in the calculations. This will last for 2 years. Then it will shoot back up. I read this is the newspaper.

thats right NYS not the National health act. The price is for people entering the insurance pools that don't have insurance NOW. Thats not the price people with insurance already pay. What don't you people understand? That program and those prices are not mine. Our program is determined by NYS and our union PEF not Obamacare.

thats right NYS not the National health act. The price is for people entering the insurance pools that don't have insurance NOW. Thats not the price people with insurance already pay. What don't you people understand? That program and those prices are not mine. Our program is determined by NYS and our union PEF not Obamacare.

No it is NOT. Anyone can go in there. People who have insurance now but are losing it at the end of the year are going into Obamacare.

What don't YOU understand?

I don't understand why the insurance company that underwrites your policies aren't subject to the quality standards set forth by Obamacare specifically the ten "healthcare rights" and the 80/20 rule. ie Does your insurance already cover preexisting conditions? (if that's asking too much info, it's ok) Secondly, if nothing changes for you and you're happy, that's great. I'm glad some people get to retain their right to be left alone. I'm glad some people will be able to operate within the healthcare system without being manipulated to comply with mandated health directives.

No it is NOT. Anyone can go in there. People who have insurance now but are losing it at the end of the year are going into Obamacare.

What don't YOU understand?

PeteE I'm talking about MY insurance and not yours or thiers or anybody elses. Thats my point you and ginger dont understand. I am talking about MY insurance plan and not the ACA plans for people who don't have and need to buy insurance.they are seperate and very very different.So don't compare my plan coverage and pricing to the national plans that dont effect ME but do effect the people seeking insurance.

PeteE I'm talking about MY insurance and not yours or thiers or anybody elses. Thats my point you and ginger dont understand. I am talking about MY insurance plan and not the ACA plans for people who don't have and need to buy insurance.they are seperate and very very different.So don't compare my plan coverage and pricing to the national plans that dont effect ME but do effect the people seeking insurance.

John: I sent you a private message.

Those with preexisting conditions can't get health you idiot! They pay the entire bill, if they can, which they usually can't. I already pay $17,000 for family health care. If people who do not pay anything, now pay something, how can I pay more? Please take an economics class, ok?

So you pay about 350 dollars a week health insurance premiums. If so, chances are you also pay a nice confiscatory tax rate.

Where does the money come from to pay for subsidized health care?

You might know ?economics" but you need to sharpen your common sense.

stupid on this topic. I have insurance and nothing has changed for me,thats what I said. If you need insurance its a good time to get some for less. If you don't have and don't want any insurance pay your fine and bitch all you want. If you qualify then sign up for medicaid like most senior citizens do. See I understand it. whats your problem?

I don't understand why the insurance company that underwrites your policies aren't subject to the quality standards set forth by Obamacare specifically the ten "healthcare rights" and the 80/20 rule. ie Does your insurance already cover preexisting conditions? (if that's asking too much info, it's ok) Secondly, if nothing changes for you and you're happy, that's great. I'm glad some people get to retain their right to be left alone. I'm glad some people will be able to operate within the healthcare system without being manipulated to comply with mandated health directives.

thats my point Ginger. the ACA effects some people and not all. People against the whole program just try to plant total groom and doom for their own reasons.No one likes change but such is life.Time heals.

thats my point Ginger. the ACA effects some people and not all. People against the whole program just try to plant total groom and doom for their own reasons.No one likes change but such is life.Time heals.

The effects of obamacare will affect every American insured or not, and the change is detrimental to all.

On a lighter note, here is a cute little video of some damn right-winger. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kn7BFeg21n0

Archived