Obamacare - Epic Failure

PeteMoss

Looking through that article it reveals some interesting things...

I am currently insured through my workplace, with Excellus Blue Cross/Blue Shield. That article uses Cleveland Clinic as an example, well if you go to the Cleveand Clinic list of Accepted Insurance, guess what... NO Excellus Blue Cross/Blue Shield. So I couldn't go there.

My wife works for UHS, we were thinking of going through her workplace for health insurance. All of our doctors are currently affiliated with Lourdes, if we went to the UHS sponsored plan, we would be out of network and would have to pay out of pocket for EVERYTHING offered through our current doctors. This is not a result of the ACA, just businesses cutting costs.

So why is this ok, but the Cleveland Clinic not accepting insurance from people living in California, or even locally not ok?

Your wife works for UHS but your doctors are all at Loudes and you want to know why they are out of network?

The Lourdes doctors are out of network BECAUSE THEY WORK FOR THE COMPETITOR!!!!!

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking through that article it reveals some interesting things...

I am currently insured through my workplace, with Excellus Blue Cross/Blue Shield. That article uses Cleveland Clinic as an example, well if you go to the Cleveand Clinic list of Accepted Insurance, guess what... NO Excellus Blue Cross/Blue Shield. So I couldn't go there.

My wife works for UHS, we were thinking of going through her workplace for health insurance. All of our doctors are currently affiliated with Lourdes, if we went to the UHS sponsored plan, we would be out of network and would have to pay out of pocket for EVERYTHING offered through our current doctors. This is not a result of the ACA, just businesses cutting costs.

So why is this ok, but the Cleveland Clinic not accepting insurance from people living in California, or even locally not ok?

You need to doublecheck with either Excellus Customer Service or the Benefits Dept at UHS. Excellus BC/BS plans include the BLUE CARD NETWORK, which allows you to see providers outside of the local area. As long as the provider accepts BC/BS (Anthem BC/BS in the case with the Cleveland Clinic example) then the benefits should be paid as in-network.

You need to doublecheck with either Excellus Customer Service or the Benefits Dept at UHS. Excellus BC/BS plans include the BLUE CARD NETWORK, which allows you to see providers outside of the local area. As long as the provider accepts BC/BS (Anthem BC/BS in the case with the Cleveland Clinic example) then the benefits should be paid as in-network.

Already looked into it, we're not covered. By switching from my BC/BS to hers we'd even lose some of the benefits we get right now. Our kids can have both well/sick visits covered 100% by my plan, under hers we'd have a $25 co-pay.

I'll have to wait until next week to see what 2014 will bring though, I'd imagine costs will go up yet again and benefits cut again. It's been that way every year since I started here 12 years ago.

So I can't blame it on Obamacare? But if I was writing that article then I could. Gotcha.

Gotcha? What are you writing about?

You think UHS is going to pay for Lourdes doctors? You are just another ignorant person with no common sense. This has nothing to do with obamacare.

Tell your wife to go work for Lourdes. Problem solved.

Gotcha? What are you writing about?

You think UHS is going to pay for Lourdes doctors? You are just another ignorant person with no common sense. This has nothing to do with obamacare.

Tell your wife to go work for Lourdes. Problem solved.

You calling someone ignorant is just the pot calling the kettle black.

Let me spell it out for you... you post article about hospitals not accepting certain insurance. I reply that with a lot of insurance it's that way, why should this be any different?

You calling someone ignorant is just the pot calling the kettle black.

Let me spell it out for you... you post article about hospitals not accepting certain insurance. I reply that with a lot of insurance it's that way, why should this be any different?

Because I answered your part of the post where you expect Lourdes Doctors to be in the UHS network. That is what I answered.

Read before you post.

Because I answered your part of the post where you expect Lourdes Doctors to be in the UHS network. That is what I answered.

Read before you post.

Again, you post something about a hospital not accepting insurance trying to tie it to Obamacare. Well guess what, that happens everywhere and it's been going on well before the ACA was even thought of. Stop acting surprised.

Now obama is doubling down on his lies.

"The videos show Obama promising 300 million Americans that “if you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan, period.”

But that’s not what he really said, Obama announced

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/05/obama-denies-you-can-keep-it-videotaped-promises/

Now obama says he is sorry .

"I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me,"

See...that makes it all better....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/president-americans-losing-health-care-article-1.1510222

Oh, now I understand. Her feels sorry for those stupid enough to believe him.

He changed the bill numerous times after it was law. He could get out his magic pen and fix it. Why not? I guess those who are getting screwed could hope for change.

Magic pen came out. Same crap delayed until after the next election.

I don't understand why the insurance company that underwrites your policies aren't subject to the quality standards set forth by Obamacare specifically the ten "healthcare rights" and the 80/20 rule. ie Does your insurance already cover preexisting conditions? (if that's asking too much info, it's ok) Secondly, if nothing changes for you and you're happy, that's great. I'm glad some people get to retain their right to be left alone. I'm glad some people will be able to operate within the healthcare system without being manipulated to comply with mandated health directives.

Say for example someone has a net worth savings, investments, life insurance that offers a loan, etc) of $200,000, why would they pay for a deductible less than 10 or 20 thousand?. I had a root canal done with dental insurance, when I lost the insurance I paid in cash for an identical procedure, and it cost less than 3/4 of the copay on the first procedure. Needless to say I was shocked.

I did not receive less care, the only reduction was in cost. If someone can pay a large amount up front, why not let them? Obama care needs the higher cost and low deductible to fund the entire program. Why not raise taxes and get it over with, and subsidize those in need under Medicaid or another existing entity? Millions would be saved in bureaucracy alone.

Say for example someone has a net worth savings, investments, life insurance that offers a loan, etc) of $200,000, why would they pay for a deductible less than 10 or 20 thousand?.

Because in the grand scheme of things, $200,000 isn't really that much money, especially if you are considering it your retirement nest egg. Blowing 10% of your entire life savings for a surgery, especially later in life, isn't a good idea.

Because in the grand scheme of things, $200,000 isn't really that much money, especially if you are considering it your retirement nest egg. Blowing 10% of your entire life savings for a surgery, especially later in life, isn't a good idea.

As a person gets older and their net worth savings goes up, and the percentage needed from it for a deductible goes down, if the deductible remains the same. People borrow and blow 20k on a new car, not even blink. I would rather put my money into me than a car. When young, drive a beater for however long it takes to put away a delectable, and put it into something that can be converted into cash very quickly.

I realize that not everyone is able to, or wants to do this, but many can and want to. Why are they forced to buy more than they need?

http://kdvr.com/2013/11/15/colo-man-signs-up-for-his-insurance-his-dog-gets-covered-instead/

FORT COLLINS, Colo. — The Colorado healthcare exchange has processed applications for thousands of people … and one dog.

Shane Smith, of Fort Collins, says his dog Baxter received a letter informing him that a health insurance account had been opened in his name through Connect for Health Colorado.

“I thought, ‘Wow, this is so awesome,’” Smith said with a laugh. “They have gone out of their way to insure my 14-year-old Yorkie.”

Smith had called Connect for Health Colorado to sign himself up for insurance because his old plan was cancelled due to Obamacare.

He’s not sure exactly how the confirmation letter went to his dog, but he says he thinks it’s because of a series of security questions a representative asked him over the phone............

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/11/19/wellpoint-ceo-says-obamacare-sign-ups-still-anemic/?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories

"The HealthCare.gov website is so problem-plagued that WellPoint Inc., the nation’s second-largest insurer, is backing away from advertising its new health-care offerings, its chief executive said Tuesday.

“I’ll be very candid, we have pulled back from marketing, not knowing how to get people enrolled at the moment,” Joseph Swedish, WellPoint’s chief executive, said in an interview at the WSJ CEO Council Tuesday."...........more................

Guest RogerRebuttal

As explained in another thread, obamacare exists as a result of republicans and democrats. Obamacare never would have been if republicans didn't cross primary lines to vote out Clinton for the Democratic nominee. They ousted Hillary, thinking Obama didn't have a chance. They voted for obamacare

As explained in another thread, obamacare exists as a result of republicans and democrats. Obamacare never would have been if republicans didn't cross primary lines to vote out Clinton for the Democratic nominee. They ousted Hillary, thinking Obama didn't have a chance. They voted for obamacare

It does not matter who crossed what. House, Senate, Senate majority vote change rule, and presidential signature are all that counts. One Republican has finger prints on it.

Hillary Clinton oversaw the first attempt at health care in 1993. No matter which Democrat candidate won, health care bill was going to be signed by a Democrat president if elected. Health care legislation would have created the legacy Hillary had worked for. McCain did not have a chance, even if he did win, the door was open, he supported a 5k tax deduction for health care. He would have been forced to sign a veto on a health care bill which Congress would vote to override. Even a pocket veto would have fallen.

(Feb 8, 2007 very early in the primaries)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/08/20008.matchups.schneider/

==========================================

House Republican Votes - 1

Rep. Joe Cao (R-Louisiana) was the only Republican who voted in favor of the bill.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2009/roll887.xml

Senate Republican Votes-0

March 11, 2010 -- In a letter to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, Majority Leader Harry Reid says Democrats will use "reconciliation," needing only 51 votes, to pass the health care bill.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=111&session=1&vote=00396#position

The Democrats own the Affordable Health Care Act; Senate, House, and President. It took a rule change in the Senate by Harry Reid to ram it home. Between the House and Senate there was ONE Republican vote.

BTW- Wasn't health care supposed to be Ted Kennedy's legacy? He fought many years for it.

Guest RogerRebuttal

Why does it work in Canada and not here? Why do people eat healthy in Canada and not here? Why do people buy prescription drugs from Canada and not here?

Democrats and Republicans can't acknowledge when something is good. Because if they don't think of it, its not.

Archived