Council votes to impeach Bush!!!

Guest Guest

Silly me! I thought that the actions of the federal government affect us all--even, gasp--on a local level!

Cosider the amount of money being funneled to the war in Iraq which is causing the federal government to cut funding local and state governments! Think about that when you get your tax bill!

alright so it affects us

how does the dumb arses on council change it by voting to impeach the man.

you are complaining about all that tax money going to fund the war???

right now i am more worried about ryan and all the grant money that he is getting. it makes me realize my hard working tax dollars is going to fund some idiotic project of his that you idiots are goiing to rubber stamp!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Silly me! I thought that the actions of the federal government affect us all--even, gasp--on a local level!

Cosider the amount of money being funneled to the war in Iraq which is causing the federal government to cut funding local and state governments! Think about that when you get your tax bill!

You might have a point.......IF YOU WERE RIGHT! There has been no funding cuts to local and state governments.

As usual, you guys are LYING!

This city council makes me sick. I wish I had the means to move out of their jurisdiction.

Consider this next time you drive over the disgracefully maintained streets of boarded up downtown Binghamton...

Although George Bush has his issues and what president or anybody for that matter doesn't,

it is in my opinion that it is no coincidence that we have not been attacked since 9/11.

Fighting the bad guys anywhere in the world is better than fighting them here.

The loss of life in Iraq, be it our own or those innocent people who live there is absolutely heartbreaking.

War is ugly and it has a high cost on many fronts.

Not going to war could have an even higher cost here on the home front.

Getting hit with some type of atomic or chemical device supplied to terrorists by a rogue government is not an unreal scenario and Bush is doing his best to see that it doesn't happen.

What would you do with all the money saved by getting rid of Bush - give it to Boscovs or maybe get the rainbow flag dry cleaned?

The left wing agenda of this city administration will destroy the city we grew up in.

City council - Please get your priorities in order, fix the streets, get out of the real estate business and try to restore Binghamton to a decent city to live in.

If you don't like the federal government just vote them out next election, just like I intend to do to you.

In a "symbolic" way, I would like the council to consider some less pressing issues in the city:

1) Close to double digit tax increases for property owners and (I believe) double digit tax increases for business owners.

2) Dramatic rise in crime.

3) Enforcing code violations (shoddy looking homes, garbage out a week in advance).

4) The city's overall shoddy appearance (streets are rotten, garbage downtown, graffiti). I recently was in Boston and the place was immaculate.

5) Pay insurance premiums.

Hopefully on the next city council agenda we can get:

1) A plan to save the tree that is growing out of the window at the top of the O'Neil building.

TWS

Guest sick of it all

Rennia was insufferable to listen to, and hideously ugly to watch.

Does anyone notice Weslar always says "OK" in a weird way to conclude a point he apparently wants everyone to think is really, really important? He probably did it a dozen times in his Special Communication. It's like a nervous tic, very irritating. "OK...OK...OK...OK..."

This reminds me of what Ahmadinejad is trying to do in Iran. Point for finger at Bush as the cause of all your problems while your people are unhappy at home.

1. Although George Bush has his issues and what president or anybody for that matter doesn't,

it is in my opinion that it is no coincidence that we have not been attacked since 9/11.

2. Fighting the bad guys anywhere in the world is better than fighting them here.

3. The loss of life in Iraq, be it our own or those innocent people who live there is absolutely heartbreaking.

4. Getting hit with some type of atomic or chemical device supplied to terrorists by a rogue government is not an unreal scenario and Bush is doing his best to see that it doesn't happen.

5. What would you do with all the money saved by getting rid of Bush - give it to Boscovs or maybe get the rainbow flag dry cleaned?

1. He sure hasn't gotten it done by closing our borders. I'm amazed we haven't been hit yet with such porous borders. We should be spending the Iraq money ferreting out and eliminating the terrorist cells that already exist here in the US. If you don't think there are any, or that GWB and the FBI has them under control, you're ill.

2.Agreed that fighting them elsewhere is better than here. Wouldn't it make more sense to fight them where they ARE, and not where they're not? We're spending trillions of our great grandkids tax dollars making a lot of heat and noise while they're making it look like we're doing something worthwhile. In the meantime, they're plotting and planning in many other corners of the globe, including, as I said, here.

3. You make it sound like it's inevitable that a certain amount of people will be killed. I find that odd.

4. Again, exactly how is he doing that....making our own soil safer? Certainly not by tighter screening of immigrants and detaining of illegals.

5. I'd do the Republican thing with all that money......let the people who earned it keep it. This tax rebate is nothing more than a shameless vote grab.

Just incase you missed it, I did say GWB has his issues. I agree that the boarders should be closed.Do you really not think that if the feds knew where bad guys are in the US they would not go after them - give me a break!Do you know something the feds don't know?Also, the post was about city council asking congress to look into impeachment because we are spending too much money on the war on terror.Ask this pitiful, lberal city council what their view is on the boarder.And now I remind you of what I said - no attack since 9/11 is no coincidence. We have taken the fight to them and knocked them off their game.Sadly, people do die at war and yes that sucks.

If we lose the war on terror, what do you intend to do with your savings?

Just incase you missed it, I did say GWB has his issues. I agree that the boarders should be closed.Do you really not think that if the feds knew where bad guys are in the US they would not go after them - give me a break!Do you know something the feds don't know?Also, the post was about city council asking congress to look into impeachment because we are spending too much money on the war on terror.Ask this pitiful, lberal city council what their view is on the boarder.And now I remind you of what I said - no attack since 9/11 is no coincidence. We have taken the fight to them and knocked them off their game.Sadly, people do die at war and yes that sucks.

It's not just about the Feds knowing or not knowing where the terrorist cells are. It's about the fact that we've tossed all that $ into the sinkhole in Iraq instead of spending it here, securing our interior. How many more agents could we put out looking for al qaeda in the US if we used just a tiny fraction of the Iraq $?

It's about monetary resources and how they are most wisely spent.

How City Council feels and votes about impeaching GWB is meaningless to me. They might as well take a vote on the upcoming NASA budget if they feel like making insignificant gestures. Have them email it to NASA HQ and see what response they get.

If it were only possible to boil it all down to such a simplisitic phrase. My point was that I have no qualms about giving tax $ to keep us safe. I only ask that it be spent to fight them where they are, not where they ain't.

In a "symbolic" way, I would like the council to consider some less pressing issues in the city:

1) Close to double digit tax increases for property owners and (I believe) double digit tax increases for business owners.

2) Dramatic rise in crime.

3) Enforcing code violations (shoddy looking homes, garbage out a week in advance).

4) The city's overall shoddy appearance (streets are rotten, garbage downtown, graffiti). I recently was in Boston and the place was immaculate.

5) Pay insurance premiums.

Hopefully on the next city council agenda we can get:

1) A plan to save the tree that is growing out of the window at the top of the O'Neil building.

TWS

Get an injunction to prevent the demoliton of the O'Neil Building to save that tree.

Guest poptart1168

I couldn't agree more...this is sheer lunacy...is there nothing else that they could do...how about passing a resolution to fix the infastructure...how about passing a resloution to revitalize the downtown rather than watch the buildings empty and crumble to the ground...how about talking about how they will cut costs and eliminate token positions in the city so they don't raise taxes again. No lets talk about impeaching a president that has less than a year to serve. No lets have all the dummycrats sit around and talk about how a little hole in the wall town can impeach the president....Get used to this people all dummycrats on the board...led by president "lets see how quick we can get through these meetings" gerchman???? The man is a joke the council is a joke and it all starts at the top.

I couldn't agree more...this is sheer lunacy...is there nothing else that they could do...how about passing a resolution to fix the infastructure...how about passing a resloution to revitalize the downtown rather than watch the buildings empty and crumble to the ground...how about talking about how they will cut costs and eliminate token positions in the city so they don't raise taxes again. No lets talk about impeaching a president that has less than a year to serve. No lets have all the dummycrats sit around and talk about how a little hole in the wall town can impeach the president....Get used to this people all dummycrats on the board...led by president "lets see how quick we can get through these meetings" gerchman???? The man is a joke the council is a joke and it all starts at the top.

Well, if they pass resolutions on what is actually happening in Binghamton, there will be a record of actual problems they need to address. If all they do is usless resolutions, that they have no control over, there is no voting records to be held against them at the next election. I think a China or Iran resolution should be next. On another note, if all they do is resolutions about things out of this country, it means they are not voting to raise taxes or fees.

Well, if they pass resolutions on what is actually happening in Binghamton, there will be a record of actual problems they need to address. If all they do is usless resolutions, that they have no control over, there is no voting records to be held against them at the next election. I think a China or Iran resolution should be next. On another note, if all they do is resolutions about things out of this country, it means they are not voting to raise taxes or fees.

Now that would be interesting.

TWS

Im sure Congress will now have no choice but to act on impeachment now that the Binghamton City Coucil has passed a resolution! I'm really glad this city has no other issues facing it. What the Hell is this council thinking!! Do they really think this is what the council should be debating?

Im sure Congress will now have no choice but to act on impeachment now that the Binghamton City Coucil has passed a resolution! I'm really glad this city has no other issues facing it. What the Hell is this council thinking!! Do they really think this is what the council should be debating?

Why not take attention off the problems facing the city and project them on to something/someone else?

TWS

Its about time that someone tried to impeach the idiot. I am counting down the days until he is out of the palace......err....white house.

By the way genius,how is that impeachment process going?

(Oops, my fault. Dennis is waiting for a flying saucer

to come down and give him his instructions).

By the way genius,how is that impeachment process going?

(Oops, my fault. Dennis is waiting for a flying saucer

to come down and give him his instructions).

When did Kucinich beam back down?

You would think a few days in a UFO might change his perspective a little.

Archived