BREAKING: Joe Jr. Zikuski ARRESTED after heroin related CRASH in Binghamton

BinghamtonBill

Guest Wyatt Earp

Isn't it funny that on Wednesday, just one day before the arrest, Garo told DA Gerry Mollen that this kid is a ticking time bomb, and it was only a matter of time before it happens again.

Well, the very next day, it did happen.

Mollen wasn't very nice, and called BCV users "a bunch of anonymous knuckleheads", well, apparently the knuckleheads on BCV know how to be better parents than the Zikuski's. Because for months, dozens of users here have predicted this would happen.

Whose the knucklehead now, Gerry?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not necessarily. The 'chief' more than likely had enough of his son's BS and gave the officer permission to arrest him. It may be the only way to save his life.

It's that, or the arresting officer took a good look at the heroin, has been watching the impact of heroin on the community for years, and finally just said "You know what? **** it."

If Zikuski had permitted and anticipated this, I would expect him to have some boilerplate ready for the media about treating everyone equally and getting his son some help. Instead, last I saw, he "cannot be reached for comment".

I’m writing a running commentary on all these posts as I scroll through them. Bear with me on this one.

Some of you guys are pretty damn funny!

I can assure you that no one is beyond help as long as he is still drawing breath.

It’s unlikely that his parents wont’ bail him out or leave him to deal with the consequences by himself. They are way too deep in denial and Jr. hasn’t caused enough damage to everyone around him yet for that to happen.

Jr. seems way too young (to me) to have hit bottom yet. Usually people don’t hit their rock bottom until AFTER their family has abandoned them completely, and then sometimes it takes a few years. As long as Mommy and Daddy are coming to save the day, there’s no reason for the addict to take even a fraction of the responsibility for his/her own life.

Of course they see what’s going on. They also don’t see it. Such is the nature of denial.

Denial=the same thing as magical thinking. They’re just hoping that one day he’ll wake up, see the error of his ways and magically change in to a mature, responsible adult…..all the while they’re picking up his messes right behind him. People in denial think the love will cure all.

Not.

I suppose, Bingloid, that it’s possible that the Chief finally drew his line in the sand. I think it’s not likely. But I’ve been wrong before….once.

Sorry, DA. I have to disagree with you. But we’ll find out, certainly.

We can all be thankful that Jr. didn’t plow into a car coming head on and kill one of our kids or our parents or spouses….this time.

Unfortunately, statistically speaking, this will happen again.

I fully appreciate the bountiful irony of this situation. His parents have been dealing with drug abusers their whole law enforcement careers. They see first hand, in a way that none of the rest of us do, the utter destruction drug abuse causes. Mollen sees this daily, too. Yet they are the ones who can’t see the Naked Emperor with the track marks on his arm.

Now that there’s been an accident, an actual arrest and paraphernalia found, I don’t see how it’s possible that the Mayor could keep Jr. on the payroll. I’m sure all city employees have to urine screen for jobs and getting arrested for heroin would legally mean he’d have to be fired.

Someone asked the last time if Jr. has had heroin in the Chief’s house. I replied, and I repeat, YES, without a doubt, that has happened. I’m saying this based on my experience with addiction, not any evidence I have. I’d at least put down odds of 98% in favor.

Obviously one officer went against his career self-survival instincts and decided to do the right thing and arrest the criminal. In such a tenuous position, the officer would had to have felt caught between the proverbial rock….

If no arrest is made, someone higher up might find out Jr. got another pass, who gave it to him, and the officer’s career would be over.

If the arrest is made and Chief Z intercedes before the perp is actually booked, photo’d and printed, the officer also risks his/her career.

Well done, arresting Officer!!!!

I would like to publicly thank you for doing the right thing, and not the easy thing, and upholding your oath of office. You are a credit to your badge and to our community.

By doing so, you’ve served notice that no one is above the law and that at least some of the rank and file will not tolerate cover-ups and silver-spoon criminality.

Let’s hope there’s a full investigation into the past cover-ups and all comes to light. We pay much too much in taxes in NYS to deserve anything less.

Jr. was high and driving in rush hour traffic, only a few blocks away from an elementary school. Nice job, son.

To Mollen- I’d rather be an online anonymous knucklehead with principles and ethics than a failing police chief or judge who is in Doomsday Prepper mode now.

It's that, or the arresting officer took a good look at the heroin, has been watching the impact of heroin on the community for years, and finally just said "You know what? **** it."

Highly likely. Officers have kids. Some of them have neighbors or family who have junkies in them.

The good news for all us here in Bing. is that perhaps now the BPD can get started on fighting the heroin epidemic they openly admitted to not long ago.

Now that the Chief has had a major kick in the Denial, the Department can use it’s resources, time and funds to actually DO something about the drugs in our streets and schools that are killing our kids.

The Chief can’t lead his troops on a crusade to fight a nasty junk epidemic if he’s constantly babysitting his junkie son and keeping him out of jail.

Jr. may have finally done us all a favor, in a backwards sort of way, by wrapping his car a few blocks from a busy school.

The bright spot on the immediate horizon is that there may now be some members of the BPD's of Binghamton and JC who will be more apt to step up and do their jobs without fear of reprisal from blind management.

If I had the ear of the Chief I would tell him to enjoy a peaceful night's sleep, something I am sure he has not had in a long while living with a family member in the throes of an active addiction. That is if he did the right thing and did not rush to bail Jr's butt out of jail. Then I would tell him to wrap his mind around the fact that the best hope for his son's recovery requires 6 month's of rehab, preferably out of state. The legal charges hanging over his head will HELP keep him IN rehab. A good counselor will have a stamped envelope for Judge Knickebocker at the ready and maybe even tape it to the wall over his seat for group therapy sessions as a CONSTANT reminder of what is hanging in the balance, his freedom and the chance to get well in a medically supervised environment vs in prison. Make sure his rehab makes him quit tobacco as well and does NOT use suboxen or any other medicine. Have Garzo cut a deal, a successful six month rehab stay for dropping most of the charges. Updates from rehab will be provided to the court so Jr needs to do the WORK. It is a family disease so the family will need to face the music of their secrets keeping them sick and the need to set boundaries and be ACCOUNTABLE to themselves. In that vain, an apology is LONG overdue to the citizens of Binghamton for starters. PS Give Rookie BPD Patrolman Raymond Gruarin a promotion. You will not realize it for awhile, but he has played a huge part in stopping your son's suicide and getting things turned around towards hope and health.

Steve R. worried that the editorial Board would never give approval to use Chris Stockel's text's from my phone which were sent by Katie B. the night of May 7th. Because i offed them to him if only they were used.

Also as to DA's comment above it didn't happen the way he posted. The Chief didn't make the call he had no hand in it.

I do know a comment was made by a ranking officer last night when the officer at the scene didn't know what to do he said I'm not going to get jammed up in front of a Grand Jury lying for this kid or for the Cheif.

I also warned Mayor Rich David to get rid of Cheif Zikuski before an embarrassment to his admin. It went nowhere.

I mentioned it many times here on the Voice that i warned Rich D. It was ignored and i also believe Rich and John Clark (Rich's Partner) are Chief Joe Zikuski's close buddies.

Well Rich you have no one to blame but yourself. You lied to me and tried to take me for a fool, well the joke's on you Mayor!

I was right in your office and warned you after the April 9th accident on Chestnut Street that it will happen again in front of a witness who was with me. It wasn't 5 days later just shy of a month May 7th he was found to be on Heroin hence the Text's from Chris Stockel and Katie who despised Joe Zikuski. If you remember mayor i even showed you the text's on that Thursday in front of the same witness.

Well Mayor what's your excuse? I gave you a great plan to hire a Deputy Police Commish to review all Department's and to over see Chief Joe Zikuski Sr. ( who by the way has no one keeping an eye on this guy) but you thought you were smarter! Theres more i know about this guy who has been scamming the Taxpayers of Binghamton!

You want to discuss a plan now Rich?

Well Rich you have no one to blame but yourself. You lied to me and tried to take me for a fool, well the joke's on you Mayor!

Guest The Devils Advocate

Also as to DA's comment above it didn't happen the way he posted. The Chief didn't make the call he had no hand in it.

He did all the other times his son got in trouble - why not this time?

I do know a comment was made by a ranking officer last night when the officer at the scene didn't know what to do he said I'm not going to get jammed up in front of a Grand Jury lying for this kid or for the Chief.

Someone else said the same thing to me tonight, that the officer must not have wanted to get fried in an inevitable investigation now that there is so much attention. I was not cynical enough to think of that on my own.

That giant flushing sound last night, then, was Zikuski's control over his own men going down the toilet?

Guest The Devils Advocate

That giant flushing sound last night, then, was Zikuski's control over his own men going down the toilet?

Not necessarily his men, but his son for sure.

I do know a comment was made by a ranking officer last night when the officer at the scene didn't know what to do he said I'm not going to get jammed up in front of a Grand Jury lying for this kid or for the Chief.

Bingo.

An officer found himself staring down the reality that some of them had obviously previously discussed in emails or texts. The idiot kid gets into a spot that Daddy can’t fix very easily.

Whatcha gonna do officer?

Long term self-preservation for your career in Law Enforcement dictates that you do the right thing, you do your job and treat Jr. like any other jacked up junkie behind a wheel.

I’m sure a lot of them had repeatedly visualized themselves sitting in front of an investigative committee or Grand Jury and trying to explain why he/she let the junkie go one more time when they KNEW the kid’s and Dad’s history.

Most of them already knew what they’d do.

I’m sure there were two camps. The “I’m not going down with the Chief” camp must have been growing in recent months. Of all people, the rank-and-file of BPD and JCPD knew that Jr.’s next screwup was a matter of when, not if.

He did all the other times his son got in trouble - why not this time?

I’m guessing he may not have gotten a call this time. He may not have had the opportunity to circumvent the processing of his son until it was too late to wipe the slate clean.

Once he’s been properly booked, printed and photo’d, who’s going to risk certain career death and getting arrested themselves by erasing public records?

Once he’s in the cell and other inmates and every cop on duty have seen him, how does a cop do damage control to contain that? Too many witnesses.

He got off easy. Holding 7 bags of junk could technically be interpreted by an irate judge as right on the fine line of dealer quantity.

He’s very lucky they are all misdemeanor charges and not a single felony. I’m sure Judge Knickerbocker could still have a say in that.

I’m glad to see it’s been assigned to an out-of-town judge.

I like this part: Zikuski's attorney argued to send him to New Horizon's rehabilitation program instead of jail, but the judge denied the request.

Maybe if he hadn’t been driving around a school full of young kids while jacked on junk in the middle of the day while also on parole, he might be sitting in rehab now instead of jail.

I’m surmising that he was probably bailed out and home now. $1000 is a pretty small amount to have to come up with for a Chief in an hour or two.

Anyone know if he’s spending the night behind bars or home digging through his sock drawer for a baggie he stashed for just such an emergency?

Hopefully his parents won't bail him out and he has hit bottom and gets the help he needs.

The kid won't get the help because his own father has been involved with more driving while intoxicated and always had it covered up with the help of DA Mollen. It's hysterical that every judge for the city has refused to be involved in this case and a judge from Cortland County to sit on this case and Joe Jr (III) won't even be able to be returned to new horizons for rehabilitation that he failed at not only once, not twice, but several times.

It's about time Joe Amighty and his spawns are seen for who they really are. This isn't the last offspring of him either. Lisa and Joe have a couple of kids together that I can guarantee these little darlings will be worse yet. Considering how well Lisa control her daughter from her first marriage by beating another fellow student within an inch of his life.

FAPatrick59, on 20 Jun 2014 - 11:52 PM, said:FAPatrick59, on 20 Jun 2014 - 11:52 PM, said:

Honestly, there's stories about Zek and Candace did the nasty dance together.

I thought she had more class than running around or bedding down with that POS JACKAZZ. He's such a LOSER!

Zero sympathy for this fuck-up at this point, seriously. I'd be thrilled if he OD'd on heroin like the rest of the useless users around here lately

How sad to hear someone talk about another person in such a careless way. How is the air up there on your pedestal? Addiction hits all races and social classes. No one deserves to die from it. Its not easy to kick addictions and support is needed from family and friends to do so along with treatment. Heroin is one of the worst drugs to kick but it can be done. We can't give up on those in our community who need our help the most.

Maybe it's time to spend some of that 200k plus that his parents make and send him away to a professional rehab somewhere before he kills someone or himself behind the wheel, hmmm how do u have a crash under the influence one month and still be driving anyways? Are there special laws if daddy's the chief of police?

How sad to hear someone talk about another person in such a careless way. How is the air up there on your pedestal? Addiction hits all races and social classes. No one deserves to die from it. Its not easy to kick addictions and support is needed from family and friends to do so along with treatment. Heroin is one of the worst drugs to kick but it can be done. We can't give up on those in our community who need our help the most.

no no, you have it all wrong, that idiot kid is who is up on a pedestal with a false sense of entitlement and fearlessness. apparently you havent kept up on his laundry list of "accomplishments" around here. also, why have such a sympathy for a heroin user? was he "raped into heroin addiction"? of course not, he chose to use the terrible drug, so be it.

Archived