BREAKING: Joe Jr. Zikuski ARRESTED after heroin related CRASH in Binghamton

BinghamtonBill

Guest Wyatt Earp

Where the F U ? ? Did my post go?

Nothing has been removed. Don't distract from the topic at hand with dumb posts. PM an Admin if you have administrative questions.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have to give Steve Reilly credit in what appears to be an accurate account of what happened. The Chief always says that Steve shakes with fright when he is around and he would not dare cross him. I hope this is the start of Chief Z being held accountable for the mounting number of cover ups he ordered for his family members. But it is always best not to let experience be over ridden by hope. We shall see. On a side note Congrats to the BPD Ofiicers who did the right thing. Can't help but wonder what the outcome would have been on Capt. Bracco's shift.

Had it been on Bracco's shift like the one before this incident, yeah, it would of been covered up with Lisa showing up under the influence driving him home so he can get his next fix in the privacy of his own home with Daddy knowing.

Chris Bracco thinks he should be our next Sheriff of BC?should Joe Almighty allowed to continue as the Chief of Police for Binghamton and Johnson a City? What about the help of Gerald Mollen and his culpability for helping to cover up all the corruption the Zikuski family?

Zero sympathy for this fuck-up at this point, seriously. I'd be thrilled if he OD'd on heroin like the rest of the useless users around here lately

You apparently also need help. Seriously, wishing death ? Do you also burn ants with a magnifying glass, pull wings and legs off flies or both when you are bored or curious?

Ren+y+Stimpy+Solo+Para+Adultos+2.wmv_sna

Funny how comments have been disabled on WBNG's online article and their Facebook page shows no sign of this story. Candace must be trying to do another favor by eliminating public discourse and minimizing this story's impact. Every other local news page includes the story along with the usual user comments section.

What a POS scumbag this kid is. The arrogance of driving (repeatedly) under the influence of HEROIN is reason alone to throw the book at him. He obviously has no regard for himself or others. Also, how the heck does a junkie like this get a job for the City of Binghamton? Is there no drug testing for city employees? Honest question. Hopefully his detox takes place in jail and this entire family gets taken off taxpayer support.

Let’s all stop calling him a “kid.”

He’s a fully grown adult man of 22, even if he doesn’t act older than 12.

His parents may not have to lay out a dime to get him into rehab. If he has an address other than Mommy and Daddy’s, he’ll qualify for Medicaid AND DSS and SNAP benefits.

I’d guess that half to 2/3 of the clients at New Horizons are on Medicaid.

Most of the people at Fairview Halfway House must be as well.

This is a story that’s made for Hollywood.

Chief Law Enforcement officer of two neighboring police departments releases a statement acknowledging that his jurisdictions are in the throes of a heroin epidemic. They even mention the high schools and middle schools as being vulnerable.

His own son gets nailed with 7 bags and a needle a few months later after getting rescued by his parents during two previous “mishaps”, both of which were witnessed by other people.

The son is listed as living at an address his Dad owns, which means not only has the Chief been paying for living space for likely more than just his son to shoot heroin, but it’s possible that even dealers have visited and shot up there as well.

The only thing that could top a story like this would be the Head of Homeland Security harboring known terrorists at his own house.

When will Chief Z release a statement to the press or even hold a press conference on this matter?

Will he give us the ‘ole “This is a private family matter and me and my family would appreciate if the public would give us the privacy we need to deal with this on our own” pablum?

Let’s all stop calling him a “kid.”

You're right. My apologies for calling him a kid. When I read about a 22 year old "man" living at daddy's house, using illicit drugs, and collecting $13/hr "working" at a job handed to him by said daddy and funded by the taxpayer, I mistook that for a "kid". Based off his twitter postings and lack of personal accomplishments I'd say your 12 year old age approximation seems accurate.

Will he give us the ‘ole “This is a private family matter and me and my family would appreciate if the public would give us the privacy we need to deal with this on our own” pablum?

Most likely.

-how does a junkie like this get a job for the City of Binghamton?

-Is there no drug testing for city employees?

-how do u have a crash under the influence one month and still be driving anyways?

These are three superlative questions that really require some sort of official Mayor’s office and BPD response. How could a Mayor and a Chief of Police expect to get any kind of support from their constituents by pretending they are naked Emperors and not answering these questions?

No drug screen? Seriously?

there's stories about Zek and Candace did the nasty dance together.

I didn’t realize that there was anyone left in Broome County who did not know that Candace is a lesbian.

Maybe it's time to spend some of that 200k plus that his parents make and send him away to a professional rehab.

They won’t be spending a dime, other than for a few magazines for Jr.s stay at rehab. Medicaid will pick up the tab, which really means you and I, the good taxpayers of the city.

Also, no amount of money spent on a rehab is any sort of guarantee of results.

Rehabs are not the kind of places where “you get what you pay for” like other services. The end results are 99% predicated on the patient, the client, and not the service providers or fellow clients.

Guest The Devils Advocate

Why would Medicaid pic up the tab? He is under 26 and should still be covered by his parents health insurance?

Guest The Devils Advocate

Perhaps. But both the Z's have heath insurance and I would safely assume little Z is covered under their policy.

Perhaps. But both the Z's have heath insurance and I would safely assume little Z is covered under their policy.

If their son is a major embarrassment and disappointment to them, and he’s making Daddy look like a clueless fool in front of pretty much everybody, wouldn’t they have a reason to not coddle him any longer?

I don’t know the family. My take from reading all the one-sided comments here is certainly not going to give me many insights into exactly what kind of man and father he is, but so far, he doesn’t sound like a man of profound integrity.

If he was all about family, where was he when Jr. was starting to shoot heroin and getting arrested for beating up a teacher in a CVS lot?

I don’t see a lot of glue bonding this family together. What I’ve seen is them trying to cover up his messes for their own sake. If he let Jr. duck of rehab early once or twice, he has no one but himself to blame for enabling Jr. to continue to crash and burn.

So far, the Zikuski’s have been very fortunate that the junkie has not killed, shot or maimed someone. Luck won’t be with them forever.

It looks to me like they’re trying to solve the problem with the same thinking that created it. Dumb.

Seems to me some laws have been broken by both parents, seeing they are both law enforcement people with the cover ups leading up to this latest with the son. Maybe it is time either the State Police are brought in to this or maybe the Atty Gen of NYS or both. Also Broome County DA might as well be involved here with this cover up, maybe he should be looked at also.

"According to the documents, Zikuski III allegedly possessed seven wax paper folds containing an off-white powdery substance that tested positive for heroin."

Seven packets of heroin and he wasn't charged with intent to sell?

An arrest for possessing heroin with intent to sell or is classified as criminal possession in the 3rd degree (New York State Penal Law § 220.16), a Class B felony punishable by 1 to 9 years in prison. Second time offenders may face up to 12 years in jail, and a previous violent offenders could face 15 years.

This kid should have been charged with the felony offense and still be in jail.

It's obvious that the April 9th and May 7th incidents were also caused by heroin. In the April 9th incident Officer Kevin Brown failed to test if Zikuski was on heroin, or search his car for drugs.

There are obvious double standards in Binghamton. One set for the Zikuski's and one set for average citizens.

Look at what Rachel Kachadourian was put through, by a lying cop who used his position to intimidate her. This same cop, Kevin Brown, let Zikuski's mother drive him away from the April 9th scene, without conducting the proper testing and searches.

In order for any of this nonsense to stop and to restore some order and credibility to the Binghamton Police Department Gerry Mollen and Rich David have to do the right thing. A good first step would be admitting Kevin Brown covered up the circumstances regarding the first accident involving Zikuski Jr. Even a Zikuski loyalist would have to admit that. Second Mayor David needs to cut his buddy Joe off at the knees, the Chief is making David look bad, Trish Keppler look bad and City Council look bad, and the city look bad, how much is enough ? None of this is likely to happen. If Gerry Mollen ever did the right thing with the many complaints brought to him about the Zikuski's it would have never gotten this far. The talk about these issues is not limited to BC Voice like many would tell themselves, many in the public sector are outraged. All anyone is asking for is a level playing field for everyone regardless of name or race. It is time that those that are in charge act like it and do their jobs.

Mollen's issue is the potential fallout of terminating Zikuski. Forcing him into resignation may be the better option. The owners of the three cars that were smashed will have a cause of action against BPD, Brown etc. if a coverup is the reason for his dismissal. Zikuski Jr hit a pedestrian on Riverside Drive and Washington when he was 18. Interesting to know if he was charged with anything?

Julia Allison, on 25 Jun 2014 - 4:13 PM, said:

Mollen's issue is the potential fallout of terminating Zikuski. Forcing him into resignation may be the better option. The owners of the three cars that were smashed will have a cause of action against BPD, Brown etc. if a coverup is the reason for his dismissal. Zikuski Jr hit a pedestrian on Riverside Drive and Washington when he was 18. Interesting to know if he was charged with anything?

The Pedestrian Accident on Memorial Bridge were Joe Jr. Zikuski hit a girl was............. ready for this............blamed on a light bulb being out on the bridge so Zikuski's have a lawyer and are suing the City because the light was out! That's the excuse given by the Zikuski's! What happened to his headlights? Jerkoff!

"According to the documents, Zikuski III allegedly possessed seven wax paper folds containing an off-white powdery substance that tested positive for heroin."

Seven packets of heroin and he wasn't charged with intent to sell?

An arrest for possessing heroin with intent to sell or is classified as criminal possession in the 3rd degree (New York State Penal Law § 220.16), a Class B felony punishable by 1 to 9 years in prison. Second time offenders may face up to 12 years in jail, and a previous violent offenders could face 15 years.

This kid should have been charged with the felony offense and still be in jail.

I thought the same thing at first. Dealers cut up their offerings into pretty small bags to make it easy for people to score a one-time, quick fix and to get that last $10 out of their clients' pockets.

7 little bags of junk might even get Jr. through a whole day.

I think it depends on how the Judge sees it. Isn't it possible that the Judge insist the Prosecutor increase the charges to the Intent to Sell Felony? A little back room dealing, perhaps?

Given his incredible good luck at sidestepping any previous charges of obvious drug-related arrests, seeing Jr. go answer to a felony would not only be appropriate, it would be sweet.

Wouldn't 7 pkgs. be considered packaged for distribution?

Possession is easier to prove than distribution or selling:

"A person is guilty of criminal sale of a controlled substance in the fifth degree when he knowingly and unlawfully sells a controlled substance."

I'm going from memory here and may have missed a section but I believe he has to have intent or be on school grounds.

Archived