Texas health care worker tests positive for Ebola

27 Time World Champions

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/14/2014 at 7:23 AM, ginger said:

:mellow: I'm sick. I had the flu shot 2 weeks ago, Unfortunately it was too late. Even though I wasn't sick at the time I had the shot, I was probably already exposed to other virus. Here's a thought...Innoculate healthcare workers first, wait three weeks then inoculate patients. It's always been my theory, if you are colonized or acclimated to disease, getting the flu shot may destabilize the lymphatic system. It would also be fortuitous to provide an antibiotic to staff and patients prophylactically to prevent secondary infection. I did that last year and didn't get sick at all as evidenced by that nice check I received on my anniversary because I hadn't been sick all year. This year, the window of time I had to get the flu shot was too short to get an appointment and consult with my own doctor. Boo Hiss, now I'm going to have a bunch of points counted against my attendance, like a derelict City of Binghamton property.

Their protocol may be in breach because they are basing their assumptions that Ebola can't be transmitted in certain ways. I bet if they swabbed everyones cell phone on the unit that virus would show up.

What's in your wallet? Here's what's in mine, on a four by four piece of paper...Oakridge615-576-3131 615-481-1000 ext 1502 beeper 241

Because hey, you never know... I also have some rudimentary notes to assess and provide basic care to somebody in distress if the need arose. Those notes also include protection for myself.

As for Ebola...I wonder if the CDC ever heard of Lysol? Lysol plug in might be helpful?

An old thread...just skip down toward the bottom.

Guess who had a uranium type fire? 

The place we're supposed to call for guidance in the event of a radioactive incident...Oak Ridge Tennessee. Isn't that cute?

I read everything is under control there, nevertheless, it's always a good time to review signs symptoms and treatment.

What's in your wallet?

What a coincidence San Bongino just had some military veteran on the radio talking about nuclear EMP. All electronic devices would be knocked out.

Again I say, what's in your wallet?

8 hours ago, Misbehavin' said:

We are in trouble! More than I thought!  Is China, Russia, North Korea and who knows what other Countries.  Do you think they are going to attack the USA soil?

A fire at Oak Ridge. Diversion tactic to steal uranium or God knows what else? Someone on twitter stated uranium itself isn't enough to create a dirty bomb. They said you need plutonium as well. So, I guess let's find out where the plutonium is kept?

This really isn't my forte. I only know enough to be aware of radiation sickness. I'm also aware those nuclear EMPs will knock out all electronics,  the transistors for a certain radius. You need to have the parameters for treating radiation sickness written down. The exposure levels and treatment are based on the symptoms. Ie just nausea and vomiting would be a minor exposure compared to nausea. Vomiting and burns...different treatments. 

Post edit...plutonium can be created/extracted from uranium.

• 2 weeks later...

There has been an ongoing situation in Manhattan for the past 2 hrs. A woman was found dead in her car. Four EMTS became violently ill when the car was opened. The odor was descibed as sulfuric in nature...putrid.

Hazmat is on scene with Geiger counters. The license plate is blocked.

Someone else posted a video...there is no front plate. The street is a dead end.

It looks like they took 2 white buckets out of the vehicle. Someone mentioned probably chemical suicide.  Another poster stated the hazmat suits are silver used in NEST investigations.