Family Court Judge Candidates

was1958

Well, if I stick to my guns... at one time I stated I wasn't voting for any more lawyers so that means I would have to vote for a sitting judge or someone who isn't practicing law which would put Mark Young into play. So many considerations... :)

With Rick Miller, you get a 2 for 1 deal - someone who's practiced law from the bench. http://www.cjc.ny.go...2.12.30.DET.pdf

I went to school with Mark.....Don't really see him as a moody person. Not sure if he's ready for this job though. If he was a lawyer and his wife a teacher then I'm sure there weren't a lot of financial issues affecting them and unfortunately financial problems and their ramifications are a big part causing troubles in families. This lack of insight is a big missing part regarding the experience needed for this job. Not saying he couldn't do the job, but feel as though he's not really in tune with a lot of what he'll be dealing with. His television ad says when his wife had a stroke he had to double their income to make ends meet. He did this by consulting with Doctors? Thought he was a lawyer? He's spending 60 hour a week consulting with Doctors? Regarding? When Doctors and lawyers talk someone's paying a lot of money out somewhere. Confusing ad I guess, at least for me. Think I'm going for Miller. I don't see enough life experience behind him for this position.

From what I have learned, mark was selling phamacutical supplies to doctors working 60 hours a week not consulting with Doctors! I am sure his wife's health ins. did not cover all her medical expenses..be so kind to be considerate of his situation! No pity for him, just caring to understand what he had to do to keep thing going in his life!

I do not think Miller is so great..he seems to "love" himself..he thinks he is the best..but I dont!

From what I have learned, mark was selling phamacutical supplies to doctors working 60 hours a week not consulting with Doctors! I am sure his wife's health ins. did not cover all her medical expenses..be so kind to be considerate of his situation! No pity for him, just caring to understand what he had to do to keep thing going in his life!

I do not think Miller is so great..he seems to "love" himself..he thinks he is the best..but I dont!

I don’t know how it compares to practicing law, but in the right situation for the right person, pharmaceutical reps can make some big bank.

The downside is that it can take a lot of hours. There's lots of travel.

Think about being a Judge for a minute. How is it that having a healthy ego would be a liability to do what judges do?

Young took out a 60k mortgage on his home this past June to fund his campaign. He is banking on a return of 1.7 million in Family Court salary over the next 10 years. He is unemployed and focusing all his time and money on his campaign. Informed voters smell desperation. Neighbors on Beethoven are still,disgusted by his bullying of Danielle House. Hearing him talk about families coming first now is falling on deaf ears.

Connerton lives on the Southside. Binghamton residence is irrelevant for the Family Court Judge position. It is a Broome County position. Young threatened a lawsuit against the Danielle House in 2012 when they extended their driveway because a light in the parking lot was "bothering" him at his home across and down the street. The neighbors still talk about the heavy handed rude manner he dealt with such a petty matter. So much for caring about families in times of crisis.

Thus, Mark Young is the only candidate that lives and pays taxes in the City of Binghamton? Judge Connerton, does she still live here?

There are judgeships open in Binghamton. That is where they are running. It is cheaper and easier to run in Binghamton than it is to run in Broome County.

Binghamton residence may not be relevant to the position but it is relevant to me. Certainly Binghamton HOMEOWNERS merit more consideration.

This is Broome County Family Court. The only residential requirement is that they live in Broome County.

Why are you concerned with Bingo home owners? The FCJ does not set tax rates.

Do Bingo renters have rights?

I don't understand your issue.

PS: Like my Avatar?

I looked at your avatar twice now. I'm sorry I don't recognize you but I admit I'm terrible at recognizing people out of context. At first I thought the picture was that of a supposed picture of DA. :blink:

Obviously if a candidate chooses to own a home or business in Binghamton that helps maintain our tax base-really I have to explain that? I'm taking into consideration my own interests but not at the expense of somebody elses life.

• 4 years later...
On 10/21/2014 at 2:25 PM, ginger said:

^ Since you brought it up...there is a judge who is behaving commendably unfortunately I have no idea who he or she is or what court they sit in. Every six months or so some nice girls, including myself, breathe a sigh of relief( the judge says he can live) that this particular judge advocates for people who can't speak for themselves. They operate on the side of life. For this reason, it would be terribly difficult for me to vote out any incumbent at this time. I would hate to inadvertently sign somebodys death warrant.

I'm bumping this thread only because I remembered this post and it goes along with the comments I made on the Memorial Day 2019 thread. 

I guarantee at the time, none of my coworkers  had ever read Eichmann in Jerusalem yet we were all acutely aware about the concept of "following orders".