Barb Fiala's Speeding Ticket Makes National News

Clyde

Some on this board including ConklinColt and 2peloHoney say this isn't newsworthy. I strongly disagree. It's not about the speeding ticket, it's the hypocrisy of Barb Fiala that is news. Just as the hypocrisy of her son Tony made his DWI story even bigger news.

Every Gannett newspaper in the country had this story today.

ehety.jpg

Some on this board including ConklinColt and 2peloHoney say this isn't newsworthy. I strongly disagree. It's not about the speeding ticket, it's the hypocrisy of Barb Fiala that is news. Just as the hypocrisy of her son Tony made his DWI story even bigger news.

Every Gannett newspaper in the country had this story today.

ehety.jpg

Clyde I agree! It is a big deal. You have someone who is held to a higher standard associated with such violations through the DMV. You'd expect someone in her position to follow the laws and regulations that she just so happens to enforce. Lead by example. Apparently those standards and laws don't apply to her and her son.

I thought the law for refusing the breathalyzer was an automatic 1 yr license revocation? Can someone please explain why he only got a 6 month revocation?

Another thing that comes to mind, Garos daughter Rachel was pulled over by police officers who were on FOOT as she slowly tried to make it through state street after the bars had let out. The street was being cleared (anyone who has ever tried to drive through state street that time of night knows people just walk in front of cars without warning, you drive with extreme caution) they tell her to pull over, they harassed her, were inpatient and disrespectful toward her, she submitted her breathalyzer, complied with all their requests, the police tried and almost successfully ruined her life. Was Fiala shown the same disrespect for mowing down a bicyclist, leaving him for dead, having to be hunt down then picked up at his home after leaving the scene, then pissing himself at the police station because he was so black out drunk he couldn't control his bladder? I believe her punishment was much more expensive and extreme with a not guilty plea than a man who caused physical injury, fled the scene and plead guilty. These people need to be removed from their positions. Yes even Barb . I can only imagine how rude and entitled her attitude was when she was pulled over. How dare they do their job!

• 1 year later...

Archived