New Years Eve Bar Fight Involving Rich David & Girlfriend. Charges Pending?

Tough Guy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really is something. Sometimes you hear about family members (sons, brothers, nephews) of mayors involved in bar fights, but not a sitting mayor of city,in a bar fight with a woman. The headlines about Binghamton are rarely good, and this doesn't help.

You call a former employer to get a current employee fired, one could speculate.

I have to guess that Erica was provoked in some way, verbally or physically. I heard from a friend (I was home by 10pm on New Years) Dawson allegedly pushed David numerous times, before Erica stepped in. This is contrary to what Benjamin and Dawson are saying. But who knows.

The thing really I don't get is David calling WBNG as a "former employee". Like it or not, everything he does is as mayor of Binghamton. And his employment at WBNG had to be at least 15 years ago. You don't call a former employer after 15 years and multiple jobs as a "former employee", especially when you're one of about five big name elected officials in town.

I've heard the victim from David & girlfriends October 2013 Union Hotel bar fight has been contacted and is cooperating with this investigation. The New Years Eve bar fight was not an isolated incident for the Davids.

In fact, the Union Hotel bar fight was very similar. Rich David started it, then girlfriend stepped in and got physical. They're like a modern day Bonnie and Clyde.

Sad....This is the face of our city. We must look like Leon Spinx with two black eyes and missing front teeth to the rest of NYS by now. I know this isn't the greatest place to live but for me it's home. This is the worst political atmosphere that I can remember in my life. We're governed by the Keystone Cops. These clowns all need to go.

Sad....This is the face of our city. We must look like Leon Spinx with two black eyes and missing front teeth to the rest of NYS by now. I know this isn't the greatest place to live but for me it's home. This is the worst political atmosphere that I can remember in my life. We're governed by the Keystone Cops. These clowns all need to go.

Every once in a while someone hits that friggin nail right square on its little head.

BOOM!

Well said.

We could sure use a man like Al Libous now. A real family man with family values whose main priorities are to make the city a better place to live.

I've heard the victim from David & girlfriends October 2013 Union Hotel bar fight has been contacted and is cooperating with this investigation. The New Years Eve bar fight was not an isolated incident for the Davids.

In fact, the Union Hotel bar fight was very similar. Rich David started it, then girlfriend stepped in and got physical. They're like a modern day Bonnie and Clyde.

Story by Fox 40 last night mentions other possible physical altercations involving alcohol:

http://www.wicz.com/news2005/viewarticle.asp?a=36589

Rich David can't pick and choose when he's mayor and when he's not. When he calls SUNY Broome, is he doing so as a former employee, or as mayor? How about things outside city hall, like ribbon cuttings and rotary breakfasts, is he attending as mayor or as Rich David? He is mayor 24/7, like it or not.

I only know as much as is reported in the media, and a few whispers from people I know, but I have to guess David and his girlfriend will both be charged and convicted.

The taxpayers in this area are really getting their eyes opened to how Mr. Gerry Mollen does his job and what his concept of equal treatment under the law for all is. What a disgrace as a District Attorney he is not to intervene in this matter and do what is right. It would not surprise me to see Mollen have the victim charged. .

If in fact Joe Z is even talking with David about this matter it just shows how corrupt things really are in Binghamton. This case should have been turned over to another Police agency to avoid the obvious conflict of interest.

Rumor has it this is not the first victim of Ms. Erica that David has threatened. Many of the people close to David told him a long time ago to put Ms. Erica to the curb and it has become obvious that for whatever reason he can't. I wonder how much of the money from the Friends of Rich David Fund is going to pay for this.

If you were an outside looking in, our local officials / politicians have an interesting six months or so. There are six (to my count) who have been in the news for interesting behavioral issues, if I lived elsewhere it would make me giggle. I, however, do not live elsewhere.

If you were an outside looking in, our local officials / politicians have an interesting six months or so. There are six (to my count) who have been in the news for interesting behavioral issues, if I lived elsewhere it would make me giggle. I, however, do not live elsewhere.

Someone has to keep the Matt Ryan spirit alive at City Hall. Drunken brawls.....check. Freaky gf's.....check. Public defending and denial of potentially damaging behavior...check.

Matt Ryan, though he has many flaws, was never named in a police report or lawsuit stemming from a bar fight, during his time as mayor. During his time as mayor I did see Ryan at bars on occasion, but never out later than 11/midnight. I get the impression this is regular behavior for Rich David. What good is going to come from being at bars at 2am, impromptu meetings with potential investors? Grow up, Rich.

I just drove by Ron Benjamin's office on Riverside Drive and guess whose black Chevy 4x4 is there? None other than Mark Yonaty! Yonaty is supposedly a friend of Rich David... some friend, freely cooperating with Ron Benjamin with no subpoena. Mark Yonaty is the co-owner of Social, the bar where the incident took place.

I'm hearing that the video, released by Yonaty to Ron Benjamin and others, doesn't show Dawson push Rich David several times, as we've heard from credible witnesses. There's a good chance Yonaty is picking and choosing which parts of the video he releases.

Who needs enemies when you have "friends" like Mark Yonaty???