New Years Eve Bar Fight Involving Rich David & Girlfriend. Charges Pending?

Tough Guy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Ron Benjamin just had a little press conference attacking Rich David, and now is asking people to sign a petition to remove him as mayor. I believe Rich David is doing a good job. And I believe the extortion plot by Dawson and Benjamin is real. Rich deserves to serve his term and continue what he has started. This witch hunt to unseat Rich David as mayor is bulls#it. Enough is enough.

I've learned Rich had a conference call with Benjamin and Yonaty, when Benjamin demanded $12,000 or he would make this a "PR nightmare" for Rich. Now we see the lengths Benjamin is going to cause problems for Rich David and get him out of office. People need to see this for what it is, a SHAKE DOWN.

Yonaty is also a close friend of Debbie Preston. Preston and Rich David have a longstanding, silent feud and rivalry. This is beginning to make more sense.

The fact is, Preston's daughter was fired by Rich David for stealing from his bar. Preston tells friends her daughter "took the fall" for a friend. Oh really, Deb? Did she take the fall for a friend when she was fired from Relief Pitcher, also for stealing? Preston has held this against David for years. I wouldn't be surprised if Preston is some how involved in this whole thing between David and Benjamin.

The fact is, Preston's daughter was fired by Rich David for stealing from his bar. Preston tells friends her daughter "took the fall" for a friend. Oh really, Deb? Did she take the fall for a friend when she was fired from Relief Pitcher, also for stealing? Preston has held this against David for years. I wouldn't be surprised if Preston is some how involved in this whole thing between David and Benjamin.

I would agree with this, and God only knows what else is involved. Certain parties involved have made national news for their litigiousness in the past.

With that said, if David's girlfriend smashed a glass over somebody's head, WTF did she think was going to happen?

Responding to something from the other thread, Seamus:

Wow, if true, all I can say is that I hope that Erica can suck a golf ball through 50 feet of garden hose. Crazy girl just killed a political career. Must be magic in the sack!

Unfortunately, the rat**** crazy ones always can and are. It's never worth it, though, if you have a life to screw up.

Unfortunately, the rat**** crazy ones always can and are. It's never worth it, though, if you have a life to screw up.

Speaking from experience, I can attest that, among those divorced and ages 35-55, the incidence of rat**** cray cray is about 93%. The other 7% moved out of town.

Also speaking from experience (and oh what an experience it was). Truer words have never been spoken. Want the thrill ride of your life? Get with a crazy chick. What you quickly realize is that the risk isn't worth the reward (even though the reward is pretty darn incredible)

Did Rich David make a phone call to Garo to ask for help? If he did that's fine, but lets be honest about it.

Has Garo talked to Dawson?

Has Garo talked to Benjamin?

Has Garo talked to Yonaty?

Garo is throwing around some pretty outrageous comments, and I would bet he's only heard one side of the story.

Did Rich David make a phone call to Garo to ask for help? If he did that's fine, but lets be honest about it.

Has Garo talked to Dawson?

Has Garo talked to Benjamin?

Has Garo talked to Yonaty?

Garo is throwing around some pretty outrageous comments, and I would bet he's only heard one side of the story.

Hasn't everyone heard Daisy and Benjamin's side of the story?

I don't know Rich, but I'd like to extend a caring, friendly hand.

Rich: Do yourself and your city a favor and unload that dangerous, pernicious baggage you call your gf.

Here's someone who's much better suited for you, plus she's a pretty hot little MILF.

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Former-bookkeeper-pleads-guilty-to-stealing-from-business-289188691.html

That look in her eyes? Yeah, don't worry about that. She probably didn't have her contacts in at the time. She's perfectly sane. Trust me.

Hasn't everyone heard Daisy and Benjamin's side of the story?

No disrespect, but that doesn't answer the question about Rich reaching out to Garo. This raises a question of its own: how many times is Rich going to manipulate and use Garo before Garo realizes what Rich is? I know Garo figured this out at one point and said so when he realized Rich had just been lying to his face about his intentions of dealing with Top Public Official #BestDad. Now he's back in the David drum circle. What happened? Is this like an abusive relationship? Garo finally has enough, takes off to the Battered Blogger's Shelter to let his black eye heal, and Rich starts harassing him with phone calls promising never to hit him again and swearing that he really loves him and it'll be different this time, so he comes back to do it all over again?

That look in her eyes? Yeah, don't worry about that. She probably didn't have her contacts in at the time. She's perfectly sane. Trust me.

16_25_042805_wilbanks_jennifer_35.jpg

4385-despres.jpg

Be advised.

Yet again, you agree posting based on the assumption that Rich contacted Garo.

I'm only saying that the silence about a direct question raises the concern. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but either way, it is almost surreal to see Garo do what, to many of us, I think, appears to be a heel turn on this.

I know he was a family friend to you guys and you were shocked by his turnaround, but I've learned the hard way in life that it's never a turnaround. Manipulative, abusive people know what they're doing and are taking advantage from day 1. They can't stop themselves, they're addicted to whatever they get out of messing with their so-called "friends" and "loved ones". I've talked to enough people who had dealings with him over the years to realize that he's someone best kept at a distance, far enough so he can't stab you in the back.

To answer the questions, I am not taking sides. I did call Rich following the media stories about the accusations. I wanted to know if they were true. I don't understand why this has become a witch hunt to get Rich out of office when he didn't do anything to the victim.

Rich has told me the phone call he made was not to threaten anyones job, and WBNG's own Greg Caitlin backed up that statement. The phone call in question was between Rich and Caitlin and they're both saying the same thing.

​As far as the incident at the bar goes, Rich shouldn't be crucified for it. If the accusations are true, whoever is guilty should seek the treatment they need. And I think they will.

I have been very open about my issues with the BPD and Zikuski. I've expressed them to Rich, and I've also taken matters into my own hands, including talking to the US Attorney's Office about what is going on in Binghamton. I have no idea where this matter stands. As far as we know, Zikuski could be dragged out of city hall in handcuffs like Shelly Silver.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this issue, like I am mine. When posting, I ask everyone to refrain from personal attacks. It's fine to question the bar behavior , but please don't take it any further. Any one of us would act to protect our loved ones, in accordance with the law. I would, you would, and Rich would. I don't believe Rich acted outside the law based on statements from the only two people involved in the phone call.

To answer the questions, I am not taking sides. I did call Rich following the media stories about the accusations. I wanted to know if they were true. I don't understand why this has become a witch hunt to get Rich out of office when he didn't do anything to the victim.

Thanks for responding to this issue.

A few points:

1) If I order a pizza, the guy curses at me, and I call the pizza place "just to let them know" he is behaving this way, I am lying through my teeth if I try to feign ignorance that they're going to fire this guy. I think a lot of people are baffled by David's argument for precisely this reason. Especially as mayor and a former employee of WBNG, there is no way he could be so naive as to believe he wasn't dropping a bomb into her lap. When David called to claim that Dawson was "a poor representative" of WBNG, did he even bother to mention that his girlfriend HAD BEATEN DAWSON ABOUT THE HEAD WITH A GLASS AND SENT HER TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM, or was he manipulatively stacking the deck and feigning complete innocence on their part?

2) Catlin says that he and his management determined it was not a station issue and told her to go ahead and do what she needed to do. It appears that they did, in fact, respond to David's call by attempting to determine whether or not the station should take action against her and/or try to discourage her from taking action against David. They then decided not to, but anyone in the professional world realizes how damaging it is for this to even come up.

3) Erica is David's partner and someone who brings with him to public events. She has attacked members of our community at more than one establishment, and it appears to be beyond question that David's supporters actively try to suppress discussion of these incidents, as any log of deleted posts on this site would attest. Maybe she'll "get help", maybe she won't, but if David chooses to stay with her, chooses to help her cover up her actions, and is contacting people to advocate against - and impugn the character of - her victims, it is perfectly fair, in my view, to hold him to account alongside her.

I believe you're giving us a fair representation of how you feel about David's side of the story, and I'm fine with that. I just think you're being overly credulous about claims that are, on their face, obviously self-serving half-truths.

Any one of us would act to protect our loved ones, in accordance with the law. I would, you would, and Rich would.

I'm going to have to take issue with this statement. The one time we discovered serious criminal conduct in my family, we went after that person so hard that they literally fled the country and we haven't heard from them in over a decade. They are dead to us and we will contact law enforcement if they ever attempt to engage with any part of the family again.

If my girlfriend violently attacked someone, I would never, in a million years, consider picking up the phone to harass and persecute their victim, within the law or not. That's ridiculous. If it was her intended behavior and there was no remorse there (or it was a pattern of behavior that indicated the remorse isn't sincere and she chooses to be this way), I would have to dump her ass the same night and testify against her in court. Otherwise (and especially if it was a situation where she couldn't control her actions, like a psychotic disorder), I would want to get her help and get the victim's medical bills paid.

David's conduct here, from my perspective, does not look good for him at all. We are adults. We are all responsible for what we do. If he feels that Dawson's conduct somehow justified the attack, that's fine, but there appears to be little or no recognition here that any of this is even shameful or that this Erica is the problem. This is not a new and unexpected behavior. I agree with an earlier poster: it appears that our mayor is and surrounds himself with gutter scum.