New Years Eve Bar Fight Involving Rich David & Girlfriend. Charges Pending?

Tough Guy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read the news links provided throughout, there are some quotes from the station manager that state (paraphrasing...) RD did not ask for punishment of this person or at any time invoke his status as a public official, Station did not punish this person, Station stated it was not a station matter.

I don't know the mayor, heck I don't even live in Binghamton but it seems like an unfortunate issue between the two females. RD, in hindsight, may have opened himself to some criticism being involved at all (from beginning to end) but if there is no evidence of any invocation of his office, then I think its a PR issue, not a legal issue (for him at least). I guess we will have to see... In addition to not knowing the guy, and not living in Binghamton, I'm also no lawyer. The peripheral / back story makes for good blogs, but in the end, if he didn't do anything against the law / code, then I think its between the girls.

I don't know the mayor, heck I don't even live in Binghamton but it seems like an unfortunate issue between the two females. RD, in hindsight, may have opened himself to some criticism being involved at all (from beginning to end) but if there is no evidence of any invocation of his office, then I think its a PR issue, not a legal issue (for him at least). I guess we will have to see... In addition to not knowing the guy, and not living in Binghamton, I'm also no lawyer. The peripheral / back story makes for good blogs, but in the end, if he didn't do anything against the law / code, then I think its between the girls.

I do mostly agree with this. Getting involved was just plain stupid, but I don't know if it's actionable.

The assault, though, most certainly is, and David is accountable to voters for diving into this pile of crap.

The minute Rich David picked up the phone and called WBNG it was no longer between the girls. Did Rich call the employer of Erica to report her behavior?

Many close to Rich David have urged him to get rid of Erica long ago and yet he finds himself in a position to defend her actions time and time again. The Facebook rant Erica posted after the incident at Social speak to what this girl is capable of. And yeah she mentioned her boyfriend in that so she brought Rich David into this no one else.

Ms. Erica and Chief Z must have some pretty damming information on Rich David for him to ignore and defend their actions. I wonder what it is because Rich David is clearly controlled by both of them.

Ms. Erica and Chief Z must have some pretty damming information on Rich David for him to ignore and defend their actions. I wonder what it is because Rich David is clearly controlled by both of them.

A story has been posted on BCVoice in the past alleging that there is photographic evidence of what "it" may be.

The peripheral / back story makes for good blogs, but in the end, if he didn't do anything against the law / code, then I think its between the girls.

Disagree.

Would she be acting like she is (allegedly) if she were not cruising the bars of Binghamton on the Mayor's arm?

Just imagine for a moment, if you will, how many bimbos there are just in this area who would take advantage (without a second's hesitation) of feeling like she's under the protective umbrella of the Mayor. He is the Top Dog in the Police Dept. (in theory and by law, anyways).

Wouldn't that give a drunken trollop the extra beer muscles she'd need to attack other people in bars with bottles and glasses?

For this reason and the other ones mentioned in other posts, it certainly IS NOT just between the two women.

Having said that, this is just a little circus that distracts us from the real problems that need time, attention, money and effort. We are certainly not underburdened with serious issues facing the city.

This is also not unlike the fiasco that City Council found themselves eyebrow deep in this week: the hot-bed problem of noise downtown on weekend nights.

Bars.

Who knew they could be so boisterous at night?

I think if Ms Aminalee were immediately taken into custody and charged this entire mess would have been stopped in its tracks. She would have had the benefit of counsel who would have advised her of the seriousness of the incident. Nay, as it appears she continues her attack, as indicated by "tonight tonight", had she been in custody I'm thinking that the post never would have occurred. I'm sure Mayor David would also have been advised as well. Where is the police report? Who is responsible for this course of inaction?

:) She had a right to an attorney.

I think if Ms Aminalee were immediately taken into custody and charged this entire mess would have been stopped in its tracks. She would have had the benefit of counsel who would have advised her of the seriousness of the incident. Nay, as it appears she continues her attack, as indicated by "tonight tonight", had she been in custody I'm thinking that the post never would have occurred. I'm sure Mayor David would also have been advised as well. Where is the police report? Who is responsible for this course of inaction?

:) She had a right to an attorney.

She certainly did say far too much.

This whole thing about Rich David “not calling as mayor” is assinine. You can’t pick and choose when you’re mayor.

Who saw the story the other day about Rich David visiting third graders?
http://www.wicz.com/news2005/viewarticle.asp?a=35883

So, was Rich speaking to the children AS MAYOR or as a FORMER THIRD GRADER? Now we need to ask that question every time he does something?

Well Bing, did the police tell her, "anything you say can AND WILL be used against you"? Didn't they have a duty to do that much?

Not until they arrest her for something.

Naturally, until she's charged, she still has every right to remain silent and simply tell the police nothing, but with the kind of people who feel justified getting into fights, it's usually not until someone feels the handcuffs slipping on that they realize they shouldn't have been running their mouth.

"YEAH, SHE HIT ME! I WANT HER ARRESTED. SHE PUNCHED ME RIGHT IN THE MOUTH, AFTER I CALLED HER A **** BECAUSE SHE WAS TRYING TO TAKE MY METH OUT OF MY POCKET AND..."

"...Ma'am, you have meth on your person?"

Obvious that there is an alternative agenda here. though pretty much just a "he said she said" argument from what has been reported. Show me other evidence I'll change my opinion. BS either way, to a smart person like me. Irony how everyone had a million reasons/accounts to dismiss mayor Ryan, now just as many people are doing the same to find reasons against David. maybe people just don't like mayors having first names for last names. Comedy aside, anyway to me sounds like the "victim" either had a secret love lust relationship/heartbreaking experience with the mayor that went astray, and is super pissed it didn't work out. No coincidence that she looks like a spitting image of, if not a sister to that incredibly unstable "partner" of Rich. They say partner in the news, but lets be honest they are married. Not legally, though any married guy can contest that if you put up with a bipolar trashy unstable etc etc woman, especially with babies from another dude, you love her enough to be married. If that actually isn't the case, it is obvious the other answer is obv that the representing lawyer has a pre-exisitng hatred for the mayor and couldn't wait to jump on an opportunity to find a way to go straight up to these insane levels of muck raking, of which is seriously indicative of a tiny penis-ed lawyer, and/or a butt hurt defendant (the assulted girl) .

Obvious that there is an alternative agenda here. though pretty much just a "he said she said" argument from what has been reported. Show me other evidence I'll change my opinion. BS either way, to a smart person like me. Irony how everyone had a million reasons/accounts to dismiss mayor Ryan, now just as many people are doing the same to find reasons against David. maybe people just don't like mayors having first names for last names. Comedy aside, anyway to me sounds like the "victim" either had a secret love lust relationship/heartbreaking experience with the mayor that went astray, and is super pissed it didn't work out. No coincidence that she looks like a spitting image of, if not a sister to that incredibly unstable "partner" of Rich. They say partner in the news, but lets be honest they are married. Not legally, though any married guy can contest that if you put up with a bipolar trashy unstable etc etc woman, especially with babies from another dude, you love her enough to be married. If that actually isn't the case, it is obvious the other answer is obv that the representing lawyer has a pre-exisitng hatred for the mayor and couldn't wait to jump on an opportunity to find a way to go straight up to these insane levels of muck raking, of which is seriously indicative of a tiny penis-ed lawyer, and/or a butt hurt defendant (the assulted girl) .

Or maybe the assaulted girl simply thinks its her right to not get her head busted open by the mayor's girlfriend?

Garo like us all you're entitled to your opinion....My opinion...David has done nothing for the taxpayers of this city...From his actions and of those around him, he mirror's those of Matt Ryan and as a taxpayer I am sick of tired of the circus ring of politic's here....It's not funny anymore...It's costing us money and we sit here like the three monkey's not doing anything...Between Libous, Preston and David we're taking a beating and all because of the "Good Ol Boy" club....

That's because there are no qualifications for Mayor other than being a resident at time of appointment.

City Council once tried to make qualifications for mayor and city council, but the Democrat majority (Kramer, Weslar, Gerchman, Rennia and Collins) voted it down. I believe John Cordisco was on council at the time, maybe he can speak to this.

Guest Mumbles

Gotta say.. he's pretty hot looking. Her Facebook page is WIDE open for anyone to see anything.

I love cat fights. It's almost like they matter

So her and Ron Benjamin are..... what??