New Years Eve Bar Fight Involving Rich David & Girlfriend. Charges Pending?

Tough Guy

This reminds me of the WBNG reporter back around 2006-07 who was routinely starting fights and getting beat up on State Street. Believing him, WBNG first claimed police brutality by the BPD, until the kid continued to get beat up every weekend and it was obvious he had a serious drinking problem. They got rid of him in a hurry. I don't know if WBNG ever apologized to the BPD?

201110161927100.Wilcox273A.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Davids were 100% to blame, but it doesn't look good for them. Any comment from WBNG on the conduct of their employee?

I don't know either side of the story, but it has been my experience that when someone justifies their actions, especially violence, by talking about being "disrespected", that they are probably complete lunatic trash who will eventually wind up either a victim or a defendant.

That post, if real, says an awful lot between the lines. And "try us"? She is publicly threatening people on behalf of the mayor and he didn't put a stop to this?

I don't know either side of the story, but it has been my experience that when someone justifies their actions, especially violence, by talking about being "disrespected", that they are probably complete lunatic trash who will eventually wind up either a victim or a defendant.

That post, if real, says an awful lot between the lines. And "try us"? She is publicly threatening people on behalf of the mayor and he didn't put a stop to this?

THIS.

There was a time over the last 10 years when I considered Rich a friend, and thought he felt the same of me. But since becoming mayor I've realized probably every "friendship" he's forged since coming to Broome County 15 years ago, has been to advance his career. Rich will tell you what you want to hear and never follow through. He will use you. He will come knocking when he needs something, but he's no where to be found if you ever need anything. He's a phony, 100% through and through a fake person. I don't think Rich has a single friend other than his buddy in the mirror.

Well this is interesting. The gentleman in this photo of the Social New Years Party is District Attorney Jerry Mollen's brother, and you see Rich David in the background. Was Tim Mollen a witness to what happened? Will he be questioned by his brother?

2em1y5h.png

Is that the unfunny hack writer that used to write those dumb and unfunny snippets in the Sunday paper about reliving his youth?

What a tool.

Wow...Look at local politician's...Truly what a disgrace to the dignity of the area...Keep the "Good Ol Boys" system going and we'll be done before you know it...It's not like we're not scrapping the bottom of the barrel now..But c'mon people let's get real for once...This is ridiculous....

every "friendship" he's forged since coming to Broome County 15 years ago, has been to advance his career. ..... will tell you what you want to hear and never follow through. He will use you. He will come knocking when he needs something, but he's no where to be found if you ever need anything. He's a phony, 100% through and through a fake person.

There's at least one City council member of whom I can say the exact same. Plus I could add "sociopathic liar", "total narcissist", "con artist" and a few other apt descriptives.

This is rich. The mayor of Binghamton involved in a bar room incident on New Years Eve and the story about it has over 4000 views. If this was a one time event with Ms. Erica I guess it could be written off as poor judgment but this is an on going course of conduct this girl engages in. Then the threatening facebook post, not the first time for that type of high school activity from Ms. Erica either. It certainly reflects well on the image of Binghamton as a whole. This Erica must have some pretty damming information on Rich for him to tolerate this type of behavior from her time and time again.

Does anyone really think if the matter was brought to the attention of the BPD any type of objective investigation would take place? Rumor has it the BPD is getting ready to sign a pretty nice 4 year contract with the Mayor that includes a raise of 10 percent, I'm guessing they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them. But make sure you are parked on the right side of the street even if it is 50 degrees outside.

Well this is interesting. The gentleman in this photo of the Social New Years Party is District Attorney Jerry Mollen's brother, and you see Rich David in the background. Was Tim Mollen a witness to what happened? Will he be questioned by his brother?

2em1y5h.png

What does he do??? Because if I'm right, i saw this person and a group of plain clothes (BCI) investigators at Michelagelos yesterday around noon. I also found it disturbing they didn't hide their weapons and badges from the public in the restaurant. Not smart if someone was to enter the restaurant to rob or harm patrons. years ago you would never see a Det. without his or her coat on in any establishment.

They could be the first target's if someone was in the restaurant watching who's who before an attack!

Not a good practice on their part.

What does he do??? Because if I'm right, i saw this person and a group of plain clothes (BCI) investigators at Michelagelos yesterday around noon. I also found it disturbing they didn't hide their weapons and badges from the public in the restaurant. Not smart if someone was to enter the restaurant to rob or harm patrons. years ago you would never see a Det. without his or her coat on in any establishment.

They could be the first target's if someone was in the restaurant watching who's who before an attack!

The most likely outcome would be that the robber would seek a different, softer, target.

and this is different if the cops were in uniform...???? Wouldn't the normal person feel safer when they know a cop is in the business??? I do.

It is a disgrace that the victim in this assault had to resort to Civil Court in an attempt to get justice for herself. By definition and according to witness accounts Ms. Erica committed Assault in the Second Degree a Felony and not only did she commit it she then bragged about it on Facebook. I don't care if it's the Mayors wife or what damming information Erica has over Rich this is plain wrong. BPD, Mr Mollen what about Assault Second or Tampering with a Witness ? Perhaps if Gerry Mollen does not want to do his job he should recuse himself and his office from this case. The only thing that is missing in this instance is that Erica's last name is not Zikuski.

I heard from people who were there, the WBNG employee started it by repeatedly pushing Rich David. So the argument that anything was "unprovoked" is not accurate.

I'd wager that the percentage of incidents where it can't be argued that either party somehow "started it" are probably pretty small. That doesn't mean the person who escalates was genuinely provoked into the course of action they chose. A trivial assault that causes no injury is not a blank check to retaliate in whatever insane way makes you feel better and call it self-defense.

David is the mayor of an American city. If somebody was a little too drunk and acting screwy (and we don't know that she was), becoming a nuisance, he could have asked management to intervene or called the police himself. That is what any sane, mature adult would be expected to do, especially a public official. Instead, it appears that his girlfriend tried to bash her head in and threaten her, then he used his position to stalk her through her employer?

This is not normal. These people are lunatics.