Businesses You Don't Support Because of the Owners... personally or politically?

Clyde

i visited the doughnut shop on main st in endwell on saturday simply based on a post they had on facebook and since it was v-day i figured i would get the kids some doughnuts. they have large variert of doughnuts and when i asked what something was, the person helping me had a reaction that i was bothering her by asking. then i started to order and i was cut off abruptly with a "well how many are you gonna get". WOW. the entire attitude was poor and it was like the people there were being bothered by having customers waiting. im not sure i will be back.

I have quickly learned and experienced that the worst place to shop down here in Fl is Walmart! I have never had the displeasure of having to deal with the most rude, lazy and unhelpful employees ever in my life! For one they always have minimal lines open and the lines extend way back like it was Christmas.

And as far as employee courtesy or help...forget about it! One experience for example is I had just purchased a group of palm plants which all had a red reduced sticker on the side of the pot. The girl rang one of the pots and had me paying full price....about forty bucks more! I explained to her about the reduced price and she huffed and rudely said, "Now I have to find the stickers and do it all over again!" She just stared at me as if I was just going to accept it....I didn't and she had to take a few seconds of her ever so precious time to ring them again. She angrily took my cash and never said another word.

The next day I was in there trying to get some pictures developed on the instant machine thingy but it wasn't working so I tried to find some help. After asking several employees who all said, "I don't know anything about it" and rudely walked away....I was able to find a fellow customer for help. She explained to me that this is the way they are at Walmart. She told me how they all walk around holding a ticket labeler to look busy but never do anything. I watched as several employees did just that. I had more bad experiences there and I have never experienced anything like them in NY.

I agree Pete. Lets drive all those businesses we don't like out of business....we don't need them in our tax base or their tax dollars. We're more than happy to have our homeowners property taxes increased to make up the difference.

And people wonder why this area is hemorrhaging it's educated youths. I

Kristopher's in Endicott - The new owner is a JERK!

That is sad to hear. This was a long-standing go-to for our family. Bonnie and Jim are the best, but they had to retire at some point.

We have not been back in a very long time, ourselves.

Funny how the people who run the place often ARE the business ... which, yeah, I get it ... is the point of this thread.

I agree Pete. Lets drive all those businesses we don't like out of business....we don't need them in our tax base or their tax dollars. We're more than happy to have our homeowners property taxes increased to make up the difference.

And people wonder why this area is hemorrhaging it's educated youths. I

What he said.

Archived