Donald Trump running for President in 2016

I hate not our current president, I also ignore not his actions, or lack thereof.

Perhaps it is you who are blind, either that or you simply refuse to acknowledge Hillary's horrible record.

I wouldn't call Trump my ideal president. I would however take him in a heartbeat over Bill's wife. After all, if she weren't Bill's wife, would we even be discussing her? Would she have ever been elected to the Senate in NY where she never lived previously, if it were not for her being Bill's wife. The media is working hard to carry her water, and that will give her an edge, especially among the low information voters.

You work too hard at proving my point.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least it will make things interesting. Can't wait to see him in some of the debates..

If they let him in any serious debates.

I do not think he has a chance. I do not believe even he believes he has a chance. The good thing about his announcement is how he will be saying some necessary things none of the seriouse candidates would dare to. And the others will benefit from Trumps candor.

Trump has filed for bankruptcy at least five times. I guess that makes him the perfect GOP candidate: able to run a company or a country into the ground.

Trump would tell you Bankruptcy is just a smart business decision. Other famous people who have filed:

Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S. Grant, Thomas Jefferson, Walt Disney, P.T. Barnum, Mark Twain, Milton Hershey, Henry Ford, J.C. Penney, Joe Zikuski, etc...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Funny that everyone considers him a joke yet as far as the Republican party goes his rating is 24% which is almost as high as the next two runners combined - I believe it's Rubio at 12% and Bush at 13%. I don't think the fascination with Trump is as much about him as it is having a candidate that's not a stiff. He loves to run his mouth and some of his ramblings are focused on giving a pissed off America what they want to hear. He's not beholden to any corporate lobbyists because he's not taking their money. That's the type of candidate I would vote for. My worries would be that if for some crazy reason he did get into office are we just going to be looking at another "politician" who promises you the world and delivers nothing......Would he be able to implement and carry out the ideas he's touting? Remember Hope and Change? Where'd that get us?

CBS has been talking with all these Democratic/Republican analysts who view his running as an abomination. Why? Because he's over the top with his mouth and ramblings? Because he doesn't have a proven political pedigree? We've gone the root of lifelong politicians, with strong legal and business backgrounds, super experienced at foreign policy and have all the "backing" of their party. Where has this gotten us? Todays politicians are worthless pieces of shit.....simply in it for personal wealth and power......they don't understand the working class and NEVER will.... I'm in no way saying Trump is the answer. I'm not even sure he'll still be relevant come primary time but this country needs leadership with balls AND brains.....a rare if not non-existent commodity in Washington. I guess only time will tell .

Trump on health care: “We need, as a nation, to reexamine the single-payer plan, as many individual states are doing.”

On taxes, Trump supported a “one-time 14.25 percent tax on individuals and trusts with a net worth over $ 10 million.”

On abortion: “I support a woman’s right to choose, for example, but I am uncomfortable with the procedures.”

On guns: “The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions. I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun.”

Funny that everyone considers him a joke yet as far as the Republican party goes his rating is 24% which is almost as high as the next two runners combined - I believe it's Rubio at 12% and Bush at 13%. I don't think the fascination with Trump is as much about him as it is having a candidate that's not a stiff. He loves to run his mouth and some of his ramblings are focused on giving a pissed off America what they want to hear. He's not beholden to any corporate lobbyists because he's not taking their money. That's the type of candidate I would vote for. My worries would be that if for some crazy reason he did get into office are we just going to be looking at another "politician" who promises you the world and delivers nothing......Would he be able to implement and carry out the ideas he's touting? Remember Hope and Change? Where'd that get us?

CBS has been talking with all these Democratic/Republican analysts who view his running as an abomination. Why? Because he's over the top with his mouth and ramblings? Because he doesn't have a proven political pedigree? We've gone the root of lifelong politicians, with strong legal and business backgrounds, super experienced at foreign policy and have all the "backing" of their party. Where has this gotten us? Todays politicians are worthless pieces of shit.....simply in it for personal wealth and power......they don't understand the working class and NEVER will.... I'm in no way saying Trump is the answer. I'm not even sure he'll still be relevant come primary time but this country needs leadership with balls AND brains.....a rare if not non-existent commodity in Washington. I guess only time will tell .

And when you throw in his proven Business track record in spite of all the restrictive laws, rules, and regulations shuttering thousands of small American businesses he makes sense. He even admits he "bought" many politicians within existing legal standarrds.

Of course some of the ignorant will harp on the accepted Legal bankruptcy ploy. It would be nice having an intelligent, take no prisoners business man who like America running things instead of anti-American racist community organizers and Lawyers.

But as you say, we will see.

No more Bushes or Clintons....Haven't we learned yet? Big Daddy Bush's furthering of Reagans "trickle down economics" did nothing for this countries working class and only benefitted his millionaire buddies... Hence his one term endeavor....Clinton was viewed as more "successful" but that was only because of the technology boom and the dot com enterprises that sprung up with the PC/Internet boom..... Remember this is the same President that sent US jobs overseas with the NAFTA deal.....something that still hurts this country till today. Without the tech boom all he would be remembered for is getting a fat intern to perform oral sex on him in the White House. Bush V.2 brought us into a shitstorm of war that lasts until today.....and then there's Mr. Obama.....well, Hope and Change has come to us.....only it's loss of hope and real bad change. So in looking back over almost 3 decades of Bushes and Clinton/Obama will we ever really learn? Hillary is a disaster and will turn this country inside out. We need a straight forward, no nonsense type of President....Not another lifetime politician......We need to take care of this country first and foremost. We need to retract a lot of the foreign aid we disperse to countries as if they were pennies in a gumball machine. Bring manufacturing back to the US. Stop this import madness from China. Stop being the policeman of the world and try to put our own country back together.....I think we may never see that government, at least in my lifetime, due to corporations now being the real rulers of our country.